What Car Should I Get?

If you are still interested in an A7 and in NYC, let me know. I got some pull with Audi.

BMW M4 European delivery. I will suggest this because it is one of the dopest experiences i've had... no i dont have an M4, but i went with my friend who did this...
from what i understand, you pay less in taxes, so the trip to Germany basically pays for itself.
you get to drive your car in another country more specifically Germany, more specifically the autobahn. not only do you get to drive your fast ass M4. you get to legally go as fast as you want. and they treat you like a king.

Ugh, I'm in Tampa Florida.
At the moment I'm leaning M4...

Guess it depends on if you want a 2 or 4 door now...the A7 and M4 are totally different. If looking at the M4...take a look at the RS5.

Guess it depends on if you want a 2 or 4 door now...the A7 and M4 are totally different. If looking at the M4...take a look at the RS5.
A7 would definitely be my luxury sedan choice and M4 a sports coupe choice.
RS5 is very nice I just think the M4 offers more for the $$

A7 would definitely be my luxury sedan choice and M4 a sports coupe choice.
RS5 is very nice I just think the M4 offers more for the $$

I do some work with both manufacturers and have driven both. Can't go wrong with either. The BMW is slightly less money. I prefer the tighter handling of the M4 than the RS5. The brands are pretty comparable. It's just a matter of taste. I tell people I know, the Audi is more luxury with performance and Quattro is better than xdrive...but the BMW is more of a drivers car. Good luck with whichever you choose.

I do some work with both manufacturers and have driven both. Can't go wrong with either. The BMW is slightly less money. I prefer the tighter handling of the M4 than the RS5. The brands are pretty comparable. It's just a matter of taste. I tell people I know, the Audi is more luxury with performance and Quattro is better than xdrive...but the BMW is more of a drivers car. Good luck with whichever you choose.
Yeah that's exactly what I've read as well.
I think they passed on a 2016 and are doing a 2017 model.
This is a model I'm looking at now.
maxresdefault.jpg

Trish (5'9" without the heels) 3:19 mark :rolleyes:

So you're gonna wait for the 2017 with AWD?

I've been to the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, South Carolina for a few vehicle launches and even did the M Driving School course there. It was really cool and a good time. The driving instructors are the real deal. You should look into that.

Trish (5'9" without the heels) 3:19 mark :rolleyes:

So you're gonna wait for the 2017 with AWD?

I've been to the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, South Carolina for a few vehicle launches and even did the M Driving School course there. It was really cool and a good time. The driving instructors are the real deal. You should look into that.
Chances are I'll be ready to make a decision in August. I have a number that I'm willing to pay so by then I'll have the right amount of cash down and bargaining power to hopefully get there.
I don't need a new car, currently drive a 2013 Genesis Sedan but I do want a performance car which I can drive for a long time. Dont see the Genesis being that for much more. Then I'll be working on a house.

BMW M4 European delivery. I will suggest this because it is one of the dopest experiences i've had... no i dont have an M4, but i went with my friend who did this...
from what i understand, you pay less in taxes, so the trip to Germany basically pays for itself.
you get to drive your car in another country more specifically Germany, more specifically the autobahn. not only do you get to drive your fast ass M4. you get to legally go as fast as you want. and they treat you like a king.

It's even cooler than that -- they pay for you to fly roundtrip AND you get a big discount on the car. If an American individual buys a car in Europe and ships it to the USA there are no import taxes. So you technically take ownership of the car, drive it to a port and ship it home yourself with the automaker paying for the freight.

I was going to do this with a recent Volvo purchase, but I couldn't get the schedules to work.

Reactions: Mario
It's even cooler than that -- they pay for you to fly roundtrip AND you get a big discount on the car. If an American individual buys a car in Europe and ships it to the USA there are no import taxes. So you technically take ownership of the car, drive it to a port and ship it home yourself with the automaker paying for the freight.

I was going to do this with a recent Volvo purchase, but I couldn't get the schedules to work.
I'm not sure what to believe here.

I'm not sure what to believe here.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/04/28/ordering-your-dream-the-european-delivery-process/

heres the process in a nutshell....
1) 7% final price off which becomes around $3000-3500ish. that right theres a roundtrip + hotels +gas + whatever else you wanna do with the money you saved.
2) 5-15% off on airline tickets from lufthansa
3) discount at certain hotels
4) 10 euro gift card at the gift shop which might get you a keychain :(
5) 2 weeks of insurance on your car or something like that.

so no, they dont "pay [for] you" but what you would be spending on the car would be going towards your trip essentially. Porsche and Audi have a european delivery as well, not sure on their details but im sure its dope too.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/04/28/ordering-your-dream-the-european-delivery-process/

heres the process in a nutshell....
1) 7% final price off which becomes around $3000-3500ish. that right theres a roundtrip + hotels +gas + whatever else you wanna do with the money you saved.
2) 5-15% off on airline tickets from lufthansa
3) discount at certain hotels
4) 10 euro gift card at the gift shop which might get you a keychain :(
5) 2 weeks of insurance on your car or something like that.

so no, they dont "pay [for] you" but what you would be spending on the car would be going towards your trip essentially. Porsche and Audi have a european delivery as well, not sure on their details but im sure its dope too.
That's all fine, but just out of curiosity what does it cost to ship an expensive car from Europe to the US?

That's all fine, but just out of curiosity what does it cost to ship an expensive car from Europe to the US?
Read into it yesterday and it appears they ship it for free using their existing shipping methods. It arrives at your dealer as their shipments come in. However you're left without a car for 4-6 weeks. So while you might save a bit off MSRP you have to pay up for your previous car for another 2 months. So unless you have two cars it's going to cost you a bit there.
However, it's definitely an experience worth having since you get to drive it on the autobahn.
Still... The M series is limited to its first 1200 miles since it's a performance car and it's HP and MPH is restricted until the 1200 mile service where all the liquids are flushed and the engine is concidered broken in.
I'll definitely look into this...

Read into it yesterday and it appears they ship it for free using their existing shipping methods. It arrives at your dealer as their shipments come in. However you're left without a car for 4-6 weeks. So while you might save a bit off MSRP you have to pay up for your previous car for another 2 months. So unless you have two cars it's going to cost you a bit there.
However, it's definitely an experience worth having since you get to drive it on the autobahn.
Still... The M series is limited to its first 1200 miles since it's a performance car and it's HP and MPH is restricted until the 1200 mile service where all the liquids are flushed and the engine is concidered broken in.
I'll definitely look into this...

if you open it up and go 160 around say... 900 miles or so, with the owner sleeping in the passenger seat... the car will still run fine ;)

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan