What Pisses You Off?

Being a sports fan in NYC is rough on the heart. Besides 09 and the G-men twice, it's been hard. I don't even get excited about the Knicks. I'll have to see us lift the trophy before I believe.
Hopefully NYC FC can be that nyc franchise that wins consistently. In addition to day one fans, if we prove to be a title or bust team we can get the city behind us because who doesn't love winners.

What pisses me off? Hm, it's a long list. But number 1 is definitely Mitch McConnell. Just want to punch in square in the face.

Being a sports fan in NYC is rough on the heart. Besides 09 and the G-men twice, it's been hard. I don't even get excited about the Knicks. I'll have to see us lift the trophy before I believe.
Hopefully NYC FC can be that nyc franchise that wins consistently. In addition to day one fans, if we prove to be a title or bust team we can get the city behind us because who doesn't love winners.
Its criminal that the Knicks aren't better in basketball. NY is the #1 basketball city in the world, they're the most valuable club in the world....wtf....

But they're the Knicks like most NY teams they are over hyped because they play in NY. There are only two NY teams who have brought championships in the recent past and one doesn't even play in NY and the other being the Yankees.

Facebook
Incompetent drivers
Too much luggage
The wife very, very, occasionally (but I do love her immensely, and I do know I get on her nerves sometimes)
Marmite
Tree-hugging, lentil-eating, sandal-and-sock-wearing, cashmere-wearing, hang-a-no-smoking-sign-in-the-car-when-they-don't-smoke-drivers
Racists
Xenophobists
People who object to choice
Liverpool fans this season
UEFA
People who can't cook
Hot-heads
Drama Queens
Joey Barton
Soap Operas
People without a sense of humour

I think that will do for now. I really am a very laid back guy, believe it or not.

Facebook
Incompetent drivers
The wife very, very, occasionally (but I do love her immensely, and I do know I get on her nerves sometimes)
Liverpool fans this season

So, I agree on the first one, would love to discuss the 2nd one (I'm getting married within the next few months), and, need to ask, what did I do this season to upset you? :(

Without US manufacturing and supplies early on Britain and Russia would have been annihilated.

Without US troops later on, Germany still would likely win.

Seems like USA was the key to me.

Biggest pet peeve of mine is people ALWAYS seem to be getting in and out of the car parked next to mine when I'm getting in or out. Its unreal how much this happens to me.

It angers me when any nation takes singular credit.
Without any one of Britain, Russia or the US we wouldn't have defeated
Hitler in my opinion.

Without Britain fighting to it's last breath for 5 years, D-day wouldn't have
been able to happen, thus not winning the war.
Without the US providing for Britain & the USSR before 1942 & then joining
the war, I think we'd have eventually crumbled.
& without Russia pushing the Nazis back on the eastern front, Hitler would have
concentrated on Britain, probably have won, then gone for the rest of the world.

Every single allied soldier & commander deserves recognition, including Canada &
Australia, & obviously other parts of the world who fought.

What pisses me off?! When people write "Nycfc" instead of "NYCFC" - especially in headlines!!! :mad:

Oh thank God. You just became my best friend. Some of us are life long soccer fans. Others from 2002, 2010, however we got to this point... Either way, using european terminology (as opposed to soccer terminology) is a one-way street to unimportant in America.

It's not a kit, It's a uniform. It's not a pitch, it's a field. It's not a side, it's a team. Those aren't soccer-specific. Those are British/European specific.

Wierd .... It is a kit, it is a pitch, it is a team, it is football.... These are the correct terms

Football was around before 2002

Uniform, field, side, and to a lesser extent soccer are American terminologies used probably because in some Hollywood blockbuster coming soon they will have claimed to have invented the game in the process of saving the world.

Uniform, field, side, and to a lesser extent soccer are American terminologies used probably because in some Hollywood blockbuster coming soon they will have claimed to have invented the game in the process of saving the world.
Americans aren't some simple minded flock of lemmings.

Reactions: Vito
Wierd .... It is a kit, it is a pitch, it is a team, it is football.... These are the correct terms

Football was around before 2002

What do they call the jerseys worn by cricket players? What do they call the playing area in cricket? What do they call the collective group of players in cricket?

What do they call the jerseys worn by cricket players? What do they call the playing area in cricket? What do they call the collective group of players in cricket?

Whats cricket got to do with football.

Wicket (strip in a square)
Square (where the wickets are)
outfield - not in the square

Pitch or field ... the whole

And jerseys are called jumpers

Whats cricket got to do with football.

Wicket (strip in a square)
Square (where the wickets are)
outfield - not in the square

Pitch or field ... the whole

And jerseys are called jumpers

The point is that kit, pitch, side, etc are just British terms for things in sports, not just in football. Am I correct in that? Are pitch, side, and kit exclusive to football?

Its criminal that the Knicks aren't better in basketball. NY is the #1 basketball city in the world, they're the most valuable club in the world....wtf....
Ownership doesn't want to win. They just want to turn a profit. That's why Dolan must go

The point is that kit, pitch, side, etc are just British terms for things in sports, not just in football. Am I correct in that? Are pitch, side, and kit exclusive to football?

sorry sir, I think you will find that is america that is different, not that it really matters.