Where I Think The Stadium Should Be Built

JCizzle

Registered
Nov 18, 2014
Da Bronx of course. The area around Yankee Stadium. At least there before Queens. Who wants the vibes of the Mets infesting NYCFC? :)

That would be great. I would put that at number two on my list, my number 1 is near impossible

Politics has delayed everything. Bloomberg virtually ok'ed the Bronx, leaving it for Deblasio who sat on it.
At this point every day delays the soccer specific stadium that much longer.

Politics has delayed everything. Bloomberg virtually ok'ed the Bronx, leaving it for Deblasio who sat on it.
At this point every day delays the soccer specific stadium that much longer.
well from what happened apparently there was a deal in place to build a stadium right next toYS but apparently the elevator company backed out because they wanted more money

Was it the elevator company? Because I saw something that said that one of the property owners asked for 5 times market price once he found out we were owned by a sheik.

Was it the elevator company? Because I saw something that said that one of the property owners asked for 5 times market price once he found out we were owned by a sheik.
nah it was GAL Manufacturing...apparently the deal was already agreed with the parking garage and gal was the last piece of the puzzle...there was an agreement made then they backed out at the last minute and asked for more money....an article that came out right around that time has the owner of the company quoting "idk what the hell is going on to be honest" but that they were "still open for discussion"

Reactions: 413Blue
tbh i don't see us in a sss for at least 4 years...theres too much fucking red tape in the city...but also i read an article awhile back that the yankees aren't really all for sharing the stadium for that long (idk how true that is) but if it is that could be a problem.

tbh i don't see us in a sss for at least 4 years...theres too much fucking red tape in the city...but also i read an article awhile back that the yankees aren't really all for sharing the stadium for that long (idk how true that is) but if it is that could be a problem.

Of course it's true that they don't want to share. There is someone else there ripping up the grass on a regular basis and using the facilities. It takes 3 days to transition back and forth between games. Not to mention what happens with rain outs trying to figure out how to reschedule games. It's a logistical nightmare and makes trying to schedule tough. NYCFC can't afford to wait 4 years.

I can assure you that Yankees business operations have no problem with sharing the stadium and bringing in additional revenue. Yankees baseball operations HATE this situation. Let's see which side has more power (I think we all know the answer)

I do agree that eventually we will have to be out, regardless of Stadium progress.