Will NYCFC become independent from Man City?

I can't speak to why someone else bought season tickets, but it's not outrageous for someone to buy tickets and try to fall in love with a team. I mean, I've been watching MLS for a long, long time. I used to be a Metrostars fan when I was really, really little, but then they disappeared. And that monstrosity called Red Bulls took over....

So if you're in NYC or the metro area.... and you love soccer, and you want a local pro team.... what are your options? You have an Energy Drink, and then NYCFC comes along. It's not perfect, at all, but people give it a try. Nothing wrong with hoping it gets better, or trying to help it get better. Unfortunately for MLS, I think a lot of soccer fans in the NYC metro area still wish there was a third/different option... and the league is missing out on all those fans (and fans like Nicholas who tried one and left).
Third option? As I always stated, CFG is the second best ownership group option for fans. The first being a local NYC business man with billions buying the team and caring about the team As much as the fans etc. this scenario never happens. So really there is no better ownership group then having CFG owning your team. Here is a group that cares about winning in soccer and have the resources to make that happen. And they are committed to building a world class stadium within the city limits. Who cares if they also own man city. As far as I am concerned our team NYCFC has only benefited from them owning man city by giving us some of their best young players in angelino and facey. There will never be a day where a NYCFC player ever gets transferred to man city. And on top of that the name itself NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB is the best name for a soccer team in NYC. Would you rather be known as NY (insert meaningless name team mascot here). Fuck no. The name is beautiful because it reps the city we love and it's a football club. To me it's perfect. I for one love having CFG as the owners. Once we finally build the stadium it will get even better.

Third option? As I always stated, CFG is the second best ownership group option for fans. The first being a local NYC business man with billions buying the team and caring about the team As much as the fans etc. this scenario never happens. So really there is no better ownership group then having CFG owning your team. Here is a group that cares about winning in soccer and have the resources to make that happen. And they are committed to building a world class stadium within the city limits. Who cares if they also own man city. As far as I am concerned our team NYCFC has only benefited from them owning man city by giving us some of their best young players in angelino and facey. There will never be a day where a NYCFC player ever gets transferred to man city. And on top of that the name itself NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB is the best name for a soccer team in NYC. Would you rather be known as NY (insert meaningless name team mascot here). Fuck no. The name is beautiful because it reps the city we love and it's a football club. To me it's perfect. I for one love having CFG as the owners. Once we finally build the stadium it will get even better.

All I'm gonna say is that Man City have the most ambitious project going today in Football and signed the marquee manager today in Pep, these guys want to win and overtake United as the top club in Manchester and become a top top club, New York is a fantastic market as it probably the no1 market in America and arguably one of the top 3 in world, makes logic sense to me

And this is coming from a United fan

Reactions: S1ARK5