2015 U. S. Open Cup

Why do you guys care about losing to the cosmos? If we play them no matter the result they'll still be irrelevant.
I tend to agree. It's not that I wouldn't mind seeing NYCFC beat them, it's just (like every other MLS team) it really is a no win situation at this juncture of the tournament.

You beat a lower division team? Ho-hum, it's expected; move on, nothing to see here.

Not only aren't we going to see the 1st team in the line up, I'm willing to wager we'll see more 3rd stringers than 2nd stringers making their way out to Nassau County. So, should we lose you'll never hear the end of it........like what happened to NYRB last year when they sent out their B&C squad.

No win situation man.

Reactions: Paul
Why do you guys care about losing to the cosmos? If we play them no matter the result they'll still be irrelevant.

Very true. Something to shut their fans up for a bit, I guess. They'll always be bitter though.

Thr cosmos are easily better than several MLS teams. hopefully we beat them and win this cup.
No way in hell are Cosmos better than any...let alone several MLS clubs. Yes they have a couple of guys who could potentially crack a starting XI in MLS, but the bottom half of their starting XI would make Brovsky, Allen and even Grabavoy look like All-stars. Raul has a great resume, but would not be much of a threat in MLS, if any clubs were even interested, and Senna would not be the star of ANY side.
I like the Cosmos, and it's great that they have put together a bunch of talent, but they have a roster mostly comprised of prospects and MLS washouts. While you could argue that we are in the same boat, top to bottom our roster is comfortably better than theirs.

I wouldn't want to play them at Hofstra. The field is artificial crud.

They will look at it as life and death. We will be hoping not to get hurt.

I was at last years RBNY loss. Cosmos outshot them about 25 to 3 and if Petke had a towel he would have thrown it in at halftime.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I for one would like to win an Open Cup. I bet they starting line up that night has names like Dunn, Fitzgerald and Brandt in it. MLS games are still more important but when you enter the Open in the 4th round, you have a better chance of making a run

Poll today in City Voice regarding interest in attending NYC FC's US Open Cup match. Be sure to fill it out so they know how to gauge ticket availability.

Reactions: Kjbert
Tough to get out to St. John's. Outside of playing in Staten Island, maybe the worst place to hold the game.

I dropped in towards the end of the first half. Was confused for a moment as to whether they were playing in the blue or yellow kits since I had not seen either. Didn't realize the Cosmos had "resurrected the blue shirts of their glory years" (they consider themselves "the City’s original 'blue' team")

Of course the game has to be on a freaking Tuesday.

What are we thinking 7pm? I don't know if I'd make it in time.