2016 NYCFC Video Thread

How the hell does Didi sound entirely American when he grew up in Netherlands & Curacao?

I was shocked when visiting Amsterdam that the people working in stores and walking down the street spoke US English. I asked a few people and they explained that being a smaller country, that post WW2 they did not have a big national TV culture because it was so expensive to produce. the TV culture there started in the 70's and by then US TV was a universal choice.
We should not forget that they were the original New York accent

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski
I was shocked when visiting Amsterdam that the people working in stores and walking down the street spoke US English. I asked a few people and they explained that being a smaller country, that post WW2 they did not have a big national TV culture because it was so expensive to produce. the TV culture there started in the 70's and by then US TV was a universal choice.
We should not forget that they were the original New York accent
When I lived in the Netherlands I would try to speak Dutch to people they would inevitably respond in English.

This one barely had any actual training in it, but still probably one of my favorites. Loved the reaction of Romero to meeting Pirlo, Villa, and Vieira. And the conversation with Vieira at the end made me love Vieira even more