2016 USOC Draw

If it was the Cosmos, I think you could draw a decent crowd because it would be the Cosmos at Yankee Stadium.

But I guess that's not happening

Wednesday, June 15th

Any idea on the time? I'm excited!

I used to live a block off of Arthur Ave. First date with my wife was on Arthur Ave. There's a lot of fine food there.

Yes, there is. Has gone down hill in recent years as it has changed hands from Italians to Albanians.

Still great food, but not what it used to be.

I think in the past 10 years, the trophy for best Italian neighborhood has passed from Arthur Avenue to the North End in Boston.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Is this it? With the stands on only one side?

Screenshot 2016-05-19 15.51.47.png

Reactions: Kjbert
Yes, there is. Has gone down hill in recent years as it has changed hands from Italians to Albanians.

Still great food, but not what it used to be.

I think in the past 10 years, the trophy for best Italian neighborhood has passed from Arthur Avenue to the North End in Boston.
Didn't realize that. It's been more than 10 years since I lived there. Only been back once recently (after a NYCFC game last year). Have to admit that my old favorite pizza - pepperoni and fresh garlic brick oven at Giovanni's - wasn't what it used to be.

Reactions: Kjbert
Here's some better ideas:

- Pier 40, who needs stands?
- Central Park, Soccer IN THE CITY!
- Columbia has football field lines, but there are stands on two sides!

Reactions: adam
Here's some better ideas:

- Pier 40, who needs stands?
- Central Park, Soccer IN THE CITY!
- Columbia has football field lines, but there are stands on two sides!

It would be cool to have a pop-up park in Central Park for footy. Probably a logistical nightmare but I remember when NYC bid for the Olympics, there was talk of using Central Park for temporary sites.

All things being equal, Fordham is probably the most convenient place. St. John's and Columbia aren't all that easy to get to, relative to Fordham that offers a) Parking, b) Subway and c) Metro North access.

Those stands are going to be dangerous when La Banda Del Cosmos comes to town. Murder she wrote.

I have nothing at all against the Cosmos; I like them and root for them in all games except those against NYCFC. But someone should slap around la Banda del Cosmos for their choice of definite articles: it should be "de los Cosmos".

The Cosmos' name is not from the singular noun "cosmos", which means "the universe". The name is from the plural noun "cosmopolitans", which in Spanish is "los cosmopolitas". So "los Cosmos" is the correct short form of "los Cosmopolitas".