2017 Jersey Thread

Your Choice for the 2017 Primary Jersey Neckline...

• A

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • B

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • C

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • D

Votes: 44 54.3%

• Total voters
I do like the jersey, but I have some doubts that it is the primary jersey. To me, the color palette is too limited for a primary jersey, i.e. the bichrome badge. I believe the only jerseys last year that did not have a full color jersey were the Colorado, Houston and Portland secondary jerseys and the Seattle and KC third jerseys...

I do like the jersey, but I have some doubts that it is the primary jersey. To me, the color palette is too limited for a primary jersey, i.e. the bichrome badge. I believe the only jerseys last year that did not have a full color jersey were the Colorado, Houston and Portland secondary jerseys and the Seattle and KC third jerseys...

It's the primary. The badge just looks terrible the way the photo was taken. The orange circle in the badge is small anyway.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
It's the primary. The badge just looks terrible the way the photo was taken. The orange circle in the badge is small anyway.
Would the orange show so clearly on the sleeves and inside collar, but not on the badge?

Reactions: Ulrich
This team sucks at kits.

They had the good blue shirt and white short combo, and ditched it both years. The hypno kit is weird as hell, and I still have nightmares about that shiny black on black garbage bag, plastered to Grabavoys sweaty frame.

Now this boring ass, Man City, Kansas city retread.

Tell that to all the people wearing Chelsea jerseys with Turkish Airlines as the sponsor!

jual-jersey-chelsea-home-2015-2016-terbaru-grade-ori-thailand-244x3001.jpg

Have there been any rumors or news about the league's next jersey supplier contract? Apparently, new jerseys are on about 2 year cycles, and with the current Adidas contract expiring after the 2018 season, that means Adidas is about to start a design cycle that has no certainty to mature to fruition. In other words, I'd expect a new deal to be struck this year, even the first half of 2017.

I'm holding out hope for Nike to jump in and save us from what I would subjectively call jersey hell.

EDIT: I have no confidence an Adidas jersey will ever look as good as this Nike concept:

NYCFC.jpg

Last edited:
Have there been any rumors or news about the league's next jersey supplier contract? Apparently, new jerseys are on about 2 year cycles, and with the current Adidas contract expiring after the 2018 season, that means Adidas is about to start a design cycle that has no certainty to mature to fruition. In other words, I'd expect a new deal to be struck this year, even the first half of 2017.

I'm holding out hope for Nike to jump in and save us from what I would subjectively call jersey hell.

EDIT: I have no confidence an Adidas jersey will ever look as good as this Nike concept:

NYCFC.jpg

This Nike concept is by someone who doesn't work at Nike. All Nike club and international kits are based on the same format and style. So something like this wouldn't fit the mold they're producing right now.

This Nike concept is by someone who doesn't work at Nike. All Nike club and international kits are based on the same format and style. So something like this wouldn't fit the mold they're producing right now.

True, just noting the potential. A search for "adidas nycfc concept" doesn't turn up anything interesting, except this throwback design I personally like. I'd love to see Adidas put out a sleeve stripe template.

CqAd-OFWcAA5oI1.jpg

https://t.co/OUurFbqzoO

I prefer that adidas throwback if we're talking fantasy jerseys the pinstripes on the nike one don't really do it for me.

This team sucks at kits.

They had the good blue shirt and white short combo, and ditched it both years. The hypno kit is weird as hell, and I still have nightmares about that shiny black on black garbage bag, plastered to Grabavoys sweaty frame.

Now this boring ass, Man City, Kansas city retread.

i must be the only one that prefered the sky blue short with sklyblue shorts. i didnt like the skyblue on white shorts

interestingly enough the black jersey is the only one i own...albeit in replica