2017 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please post the transfer dates of importance please? Thank you
Can't really provide exact dates because of the different schedules in Europe and South America. Essentially we can take in players starting February 18 up till May. Realistically European player deals would be negotiated this month in January and South American up till March.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Can't really provide exact dates because of the different schedules in Europe and South America. Essentially we can take in players starting February 18 up till May. Realistically European player deals would be negotiated this month in January and South American up till March.

Thank you very much.

I don't see MN using their spot to take a flyer on a kid when they have so many holes.

Agree. They have so much they need to solidify that roster otherwise it's gonna be a shit-show. I don't think they can afford it to be. Must come out of the gate competitive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
I don't see MN using their spot to take a flyer on a kid when they have so many holes.
There aren't really alot of names on the allocation list that might realistically join MLS in the next year. Ream? Cameron? Even if Minnisota bombs next year, with LAFC and someone else coming into the league in 2018, they will at best be third in order.

There aren't really alot of names on the allocation list that might realistically join MLS in the next year. Ream? Cameron? Even if Minnisota bombs next year, with LAFC and someone else coming into the league in 2018, they will at best be third in order.

ATL gonna take Guzan so second, but I get your point. Cameron is a possibility and would be a great one to take. He'd kill it at CDM in this league.

I asked a variant of this question i the 2017 roster thread. I suspect teams do not announce when they take advantage of the buyout option. Look at the MLS transaction pages:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/transactions/2017
http://www.mlssoccer.com/transactions/2016

None of the entries on these and prior years reveal that the team exercised a buyout which did not count against the cap. Which leads me to conclude that NYCFC might have already used it's buyout on a player who was already released and it was simply listed as option declined or some such. I expect this is done as a courtesy to the players who are bought out.

Going back to the links in mgarbowski mgarbowski's helpful post above, you can see that in the last offseason, we added 10 players, about the same as we expect this year. The Club announced only 1 of those, Ethan White, in December. The Club announced 5 in January (all on or after the Superdraft), 1 in February, and 3 in March. So far this off-season, we've announced 2, both in December. Patience may be required here.

Going back to the links in mgarbowski mgarbowski's helpful post above, you can see that in the last offseason, we added 10 players, about the same as we expect this year. The Club announced only 1 of those, Ethan White, in December. The Club announced 5 in January (all on or after the Superdraft), 1 in February, and 3 in March. So far this off-season, we've announced 2, both in December. Patience may be required here.

It's a good point and also worth pointing out that our timeline of player acquisition from last year is typical for MLS. I think Atlanta's flurry of early signings was a bit atypical and has created a false sense that other teams with considerable signings left to make are running behind.

It's a good point and also worth pointing out that our timeline of player acquisition from last year is typical for MLS. I think Atlanta's flurry of early signings was a bit atypical and has created a false sense that other teams with considerable signings left to make are running behind.
Yeah, but if we can't freak out for no good reason, what the hell is the point of these forums?

Couldn't they have given him a keeper's kit to wear since he will almost certainly never wear the hypno-kit?

Sorry, little details bug me right now. I just happened to be watching a civil war documentary/movie and they had a scene where a soldier was flashing back to his family at home and the house had vinyl siding. Pretty sure vinyl siding wasn't a thing in the 1860's.

Couldn't they have given him a keeper's kit to wear since he will almost certainly never wear the hypno-kit?

Sorry, little details bug me right now. I just happened to be watching a civil war documentary/movie and they had a scene where a soldier was flashing back to his family at home and the house had vinyl siding. Pretty sure vinyl siding wasn't a thing in the 1860's.
I'm impressed they didn't accidentally use the new kit

Toilets in the house weren't things in 1860. That's why we need a flying/floating stadium. 21st century!

Status
Not open for further replies.