2018 Jersey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not green. At all.

I'm not making it up, sorry but it is "Outdoor Green". I don't think any version of Green looks good at all on any grass or artificial turf field for any sport. Especially goalkeepers should not be wearing Green, but they do.

Introducing an interesting new look for the Citizens, the Manchester City 2017-18 third shirt is dark green ('Outdoor Green'). This understated base of the Man City 17-18 third kit gets paired with sky blue ('Field Blue') accents for a touch of the club's legacy.

The official club statement on the colors :artpalette: of the new kit reads: “[featuring] a modern dazzle camo design, which combines Deep Greens with the Club’s iconic Sky Blue.”

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/12/manchester-city-17-18-third-kit.html

https://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/picture-special/2017/september/man-city-third-kit-201718

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/05/2...s-of-the-2017-18-manchester-city-third-shirt/

http://shop.mancity.com/stores/manc...ter-city-franchise-jacket---dark-green/200834

Third kit front.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Schwallacus
I wish it was Dark Gray Digital Camo, if it was Gray I would've purchased one. But it's not it is GREEN, and because it's digital camo and the digital cameras have trouble picking it up especially on the Green pitch. Why was Green chosen for MCFC and not some form of blue? Absolutely no idea o_O, stupid decision. In Design Labs typically women pick the colors, just saying. But someone from team management has to okay it, so they're to blame as well.

I think these 3rd Jerseys look awesome, the problem is the colors for the teams or not correct. Barca's 3rd Jersey is AS Roma's colors, AS Roma's are UPS Brown and I don't wear brown. PSG is a cool Black! PSG have some killer kits as of late!

View attachment 7957 View attachment 7958
Third kits almost always tend to be some rambunctious colorway that has little to no actual relation to the teams colors or history, just a minimally worn kit presumably to get a little extra cash and intrigue into soccer fashion, if such a thing exists. Since home/away kits of a team are almost always the same color, the third kit allows them some fun.

Last edited:
Third kits almost always tend to be some rambunctious colorway that has little to no actual relation to the teams colors or history, just a minimally worn kit presumably to get a little extra cash and intrigue into soccer fashion, if such a thing exists. Since home/away kits of a team are almost always the same color, the third kit allows them some fun.

I totally agree. But it would make sense to utilize some kind of proper colorway from the teams history in a more unique fashion. Third kits are about having fun, unfortunately the teams really don't even wear them enough. And with some teams you can't even get the official 3rd Jersey. MCFC offered an official 3rd Jersey for customization, but AS Roma only made the stadium version. Go figure.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I will say this I'm not a Navy Blue fan, period. Also because Navy Blue is completely over done throughout all sports teams.

BUT sometimes going back to basics is key especially with NO trendy goofy graphics, it will always be classic!

IMG_2098.jpg

Last edited:
I still do not understand MLS's and Adidas's philosophy of not having both a brand-new Home and Away Jersey each season instead of them alternating ever two seasons, it is a totally bizarre :confused: concept. That I would like to see changed ASAP.

So thirsty! I'm old enough to remember when fans got pissed off at teams releasing new kits every year, because it pressured parents into buying new jerseys every season. Also, I'm not that old.

How does have to do with jerseys? I'm already looking ahead to next years Home Jersey and Uniforms, as personally feel each year that should be new kits both Home and Away. I really want to set some kind tone of sophistication with our team going forward, because I think there's a huge lack of it especially from Adidas and all the cheesy tchotchkes that's offered.

I think your colors are important in so many ways, they evoke passion, where you're from, style, fear in the opponent. Here's the colors I like to see represent our New York team. Not just in jerseys but in general branding from exterior/interior colors in future NYCFC shops, and the future NYCFC Stadium to some degree. It fits in with CFG's branding, but it makes it our own, I think MCFC have phenomenal and a classic timeless uniform that works for them. I just want the same for our team and fans.

042017_Parley_Photos-18.jpg042017_Parley_Photos-11 copy.jpgNYCFC_041415-1.jpgWeb_NYCFC-House_Teasers_Evening.jpegADIDAS_STUDY_SHANGHAI_STORE_HERO_1920x1080px.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GRAY KNIGHT
Am I of Uruguayan descent, NO. Do I like Luis "Jaws" Suarez, absolutely NOT!

I just really like Uruguay National Football Team Kits, I think the color combo would be really cool for NYCFC! A little more Badass if you know what I mean.

Republic+Ireland+v+Uruguay+International+Friendly+inewcii5uiCx.jpg15096605853945.jpguruguay1.jpgsuarez.jpgPROP20120726-02-UruguayUAE.jpg

Last edited:
I think international kits are a tough comp due to there not being a sponsor.

So, Minnesota is also doing a dark gray jersey this year. Would MLS debut two jerseys of the same color?

The R/G/B for the color of the Twitter crest is 37/44/52, which makes it a unsaturated, dark navy blue. Splitting hairs here though, as I couldn't tell that with the naked eye. But it's a very dark blueish-gray. Will probably be the jersey color too.

Status
Not open for further replies.