2019 Schedule Thread

Something to keep an eye on for a somewhat like-for-like situation.

I wonder if YS has sod for football and sod for NYCFC, or if they'd use the same sod.

I watched the Minnesota-LAFC game there a week ago. The grass at Allianz field looked like someone played 18 holes on it with all the divots. People were getting stuck and bringing up huge chunks of grass all over. Yikes.

I watched the Minnesota-LAFC game there a week ago. The grass at Allianz field looked like someone played 18 holes on it with all the divots. People were getting stuck and bringing up huge chunks of grass all over. Yikes.

they just replaced all the sod there this past week. did you watch it before this happened? I can't remember the exact date they did the replacement. but there was a drainage system issue, which would lead to really soft surface, which would easily result in a lot of divots. if that is the normal condition of the field, then yikes. that's just bad.

Apparently, they just ripped up all the sod and fixed some kind of drainage issue that was causing problems. Supposed to be all set in advance of the playoffs, although what the college football game will do is anyone's guess.

Nycfc announced our conf final match (if we win oct 23) will be oct 30, with game time to be announced (prob 7 pm or 8 pm)

Attachments

• 2D6E9899-2750-45A0-BE10-602EC4E71FFC.jpeg
    2D6E9899-2750-45A0-BE10-602EC4E71FFC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: Gotham Gator
Dodgers-Nationals are tied up at 2-2. Strasburg pitching game 5. A dodger loss would ensure Yanks host WS if they can make it there.

Well, boys, see you at Citi Field.

never know. maybe the yanks fall apart in get swept in 3.

personally, i think we should play at the same stadium. if they don't get swept and we have to move to citi field for round 2 and then we advance, we should just play at citi for the conf. finals. moving back to yankee stadium just feels weird at that point. at least to me. *shrug*

never know. maybe the yanks fall apart in get swept in 3.

personally, i think we should play at the same stadium. if they don't get swept and we have to move to citi field for round 2 and then we advance, we should just play at citi for the conf. finals. moving back to yankee stadium just feels weird at that point. at least to me. *shrug*

hard to get swept in 3 for a 7 game series. They said 4-5 games. So lose series 4-0 or 4-1. Looks like Astro’s are playing at least 4 games in round 1, so yanks pitching will line up better with a rested pen. Severino looked good last night. Especially getting out of that jam in the 2nd. We’ll see...

I also agree. Just play everything Citi. It will be fun!

Reactions: Vallos and moogoo
Astros - Rays Game 4 is tonight. What would really make a difference is if the Rays can extend the series to a fifth game. That wouldn't be until Thursday meaning the Astros (or the Rays) would only have one day off before the ALCS.

If the Astros win tonight, Cole can start Game 1 and Verlander can start Game 2. If it goes five, then Greinke starts Game 1, Verlander Game 2 and Cole starts Game 3. Plus there is a chance the Astros bullpen will be tired. All of those things would at least help the Yankees get off to a good start and make a 4-5 game win by Houston even more unlikely.

The Yankees meanwhile will be fully rested and can put out their starters in whatever order they would like.

Astros - Rays Game 4 is tonight. What would really make a difference is if the Rays can extend the series to a fifth game. That wouldn't be until Thursday meaning the Astros (or the Rays) would only have one day off before the ALCS.

If the Astros win tonight, Cole can start Game 1 and Verlander can start Game 2. If it goes five, then Greinke starts Game 1, Verlander Game 2 and Cole starts Game 3. Plus there is a chance the Astros bullpen will be tired. All of those things would at least help the Yankees get off to a good start and make a 4-5 game win by Houston even more unlikely.

The Yankees meanwhile will be fully rested and can put out their starters in whatever order they would like.
Verlander can even, maybe, pitch Game 1. He's pitching today on 3 days rest. I don't know if he and the Astros are comfortable doing that multiple times, but Game 1 of the series against the Yankees is scheduled for October 12, which would put him again on 3 days rest. But if Cole pitches a Game 5 in this series he would have to wait until Game 3 because one of the off days is before Game 5 and won't help him come the next series.

Reactions: JayH and adam
I just love how a thread about NYCFC’s schedule has diverged into a breakdown of the Astros pitching staff rest for a possible ALCS matchup. And it’s not even off topic!

Verlander can even, maybe, pitch Game 1. He's pitching today on 3 days rest. I don't know if he and the Astros are comfortable doing that multiple times, but Game 1 of the series against the Yankees is scheduled for October 12, which would put him again on 3 days rest. But if Cole pitches a Game 5 in this series he would have to wait until Game 3 because one of the off days is before Game 5 and won't help him come the next series.
That's a good point that he is going on 3-days' rest tonight. I can't imagine they will do that again for Game 1 against the Yankees. I think they will want Verlander to be at his best for two starts against New York. Yes, technically, they could give him starts in games 1, 4 and 7, but no way will he be asked to pitch four straight games on 3-days' rest.

I think tonight is all about closing the last two games of the series with Verlander and Cole*. Give your best two pitchers four of the five starts and if Tampa Bay can beat that, then what else can you do?

---
* - Because of the travel day tomorrow, Cole could pitch games 2 and 5 and still have 4-days' rest in between.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I just love how a thread about NYCFC’s schedule has diverged into a breakdown of the Astros pitching staff rest for a possible ALCS matchup. And it’s not even off topic!

So what I have learned is that we need to root like hell for the Astros tonight if we NYCFC to host at Yankee Stadium?