2019 Schedule Thread

Don’t look now, but the Astros just lost to the Rays again, to force a deciding game 5 on Thursday night. Man imagine if the dodgers lose tomorrow night, and the Astros lose Thursday night?! The Yankees would be prohibitive favorites. And Verlander on short rest looked beatable, which may get Hinch to think twice before doing that again with either Cole or Verlander, if the Astros do advance to play the Yanks.

Don’t look now, but the Astros just lost to the Rays again, to force a deciding game 5 on Thursday night. Man imagine if the dodgers lose tomorrow night, and the Astros lose Thursday night?! The Yankees would be prohibitive favorites. And Verlander on short rest looked beatable, which may get Hinch to think twice before doing that again with either Cole or Verlander, if the Astros do advance to play the Yanks.
NYCFC in Yankee Stadium took a big hit last night.

So the Dodgers lost last night, meaning if the Yanks make the WS, they now host. That means the games at YS would be 10/22, 10/23, 10/29*, 10/30*. *if necessary. Not sure what the league and yanks brass are thinking regarding the cup scheduling, but this must affect their original perceptions.

astros play the rays tonight in game 5. If they rays win, the yanks host the ALDS. Remember how this chart?:

AC43AD50-6DCE-4537-9D49-E065D9E375FA.jpeg

I’d bet that was assuming we played games 3,4,5 @ YS (10/15-17). If Yanks host ALDS (10/12-13, 10/19-20*) it might also change their thinking.

Or maybe this was all planned for and the chart above is worst case (yanks hosting) scenarios?

in any case, Astros loss in game 5 makes yanks WS favorites and hosts. Astros win in game 5 still screws up their pitching rotation and makes that last scenario of a 6-7 game ALDS very possible.

So the Dodgers lost last night, meaning if the Yanks make the WS, they now host. That means the games at YS would be 10/22, 10/23, 10/29*, 10/30*. *if necessary. Not sure what the league and yanks brass are thinking regarding the cup scheduling, but this must affect their original perceptions.

astros play the rays tonight in game 5. If they rays win, the yanks host the ALDS. Remember how this chart?:

View attachment 10358

I’d bet that was assuming we played games 3,4,5 @ YS (10/15-17). If Yanks host ALDS (10/12-13, 10/19-20*) it might also change their thinking.

Or maybe this was all planned for and the chart above is worst case (yanks hosting) scenarios?

in any case, Astros loss in game 5 makes yanks WS favorites and hosts. Astros win in game 5 still screws up their pitching rotation and makes that last scenario of a 6-7 game ALDS very possible.
I think the flow chart stands, and they took into account all the possibilities. They've done dumb things before, but voiding the chart on the grounds that "it never occurred to us the Dodgers might lose" is next level stupid.

I think the flow chart stands, and they took into account all the possibilities. They've done dumb things before, but voiding the chart on the grounds that "it never occurred to us the Dodgers might lose" is next level stupid.

to be fair. The MLS cup isn’t in the chart. who was hosting the WS may have been one of the reasons they left it out.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Or the league already knows that NYCFC won't make MLS Cup. o_O
Do you leave home with a piece of tape attaching the top of the front door to the door frame? Do you walk down the street looking over your shoulder? Have you been known to sit on your sofa with the shades down, lights out and tin foil over your head. Did you buy the apartment under yours and connect it with a hidden ladder?

Do you leave home with a piece of tape attaching the top of the front door to the door frame?

any good paranoid knows you don't use tape. you use a toothpick or hair and then you leave out the window. get it right man.

any good paranoid knows you don't use tape. you use a toothpick or hair and then you leave out the window. get it right man.
I was asking a paranoid that plasters his boogie man all over the interweb... how good do you expect him to be?

Do you leave home with a piece of tape attaching the top of the front door to the door frame? Do you walk down the street looking over your shoulder? Have you been known to sit on your sofa with the shades down, lights out and tin foil over your head. Did you buy the apartment under yours and connect it with a hidden ladder?

It's called a duplex.

It still boggles my mind that they’re going to host the semifinal on Oct 23, during game 2 of the World Series. Now that the dodgers are gone, if the Yankees make it, I’m def gonna be going to the World Series game instead of the nycfc playoff game. Oct 24 makes so much more sense, and would probably result in better tv ratings too. Unbelievably stupid planning by MLS/NYCFC.

Reactions: ZYanksRule
The planning is by ESPN and Fox.
Then it’s even dumber by them, esp since fox is carrying the World Series on tv, and ESPN is carrying it on radio. Now maybe they were betting that the dodgers would definitely make it and were hedging their bets by having the dodgers play on 10/24, but now it’s no longer the case. They really should consider switching the days so LAFC plays 10/23, and we play 10/24

Then it’s even dumber by them, esp since fox is carrying the World Series on tv, and ESPN is carrying it on radio. Now maybe they were betting that the dodgers would definitely make it and were hedging their bets by having the dodgers play on 10/24, but now it’s no longer the case. They really should consider switching the days so LAFC plays 10/23, and we play 10/24

I have something on the 10/24 that may require me to wear a tuxedo to the game. That being said, I'm wearing a tuxedo to MLS Cup (if at home).

I have something on the 10/24 that may require me to wear a tuxedo to the game. That being said, I'm wearing a tuxedo to MLS Cup (if at home).

better be a blue or orange one. May I suggest...

giphy.gif