2019 Schedule Thread

if MLS Cup is at Yankee stadium and every season ticket holder doesn’t get a ticket (note: not necessarily their season ticket location, just a ticket) then that is ludicrous. The stadium seats what 45k? And there are 10-12k season tickets probably?

when toronto hosted, a good amount of their STH were giving complaints about how they could not have the same seat as their ST were, because MLS handles it. i dont know where they were moved or what type of seat it is, but i remember being an issue. maybe it was just toronto as im not sure how it was for ATL, though in that stadium since its expandable it may not be issue.

When MLS Cup is in a smaller venue, getting seats for all season ticket holders can be a challenge. MLS runs the game, and allocates tickets to itself, sponsors, the visiting team, and all the other clubs. That can eat up the difference between capacity and the season ticket holder base.

That shouldn't be a problem with Yankee Stadium. It seats 49,000+, and we have maybe 15,000 season ticket holders. Plenty of room for everyone.

Now, the other problem is that we might not all get to sit in our usual seats, but I would bet every season ticket holder can sit somewhere in the first two levels.

When MLS Cup is in a smaller venue, getting seats for all season ticket holders can be a challenge. MLS runs the game, and allocates tickets to itself, sponsors, the visiting team, and all the other clubs. That can eat up the difference between capacity and the season ticket holder base.

That shouldn't be a problem with Yankee Stadium. It seats 49,000+, and we have maybe 15,000 season ticket holders. Plenty of room for everyone.

Now, the other problem is that we might not all get to sit in our usual seats, but I would bet every season ticket holder can sit somewhere in the first two levels.
For MLS cup I don't even care. Just get me in the building.

it baffles me that people are getting separated in such extreme manners. sure, the sizes of sections aren't the same. seating isn't exactly the same. you can imagine a few people being bumped to the next section over or the next couple rows up or down within the same section, but having people within the same section spread out over 4 different sections and rows is just stupid. why wouldn't you take the first 3 rows of say section 113 and place them in the first 3 rows of section 126? that's as like for like as you can get regardless of whether they are all on one account or not. Those seats are together, so they should stay together. PERIOD. but instead it sounds like they took all the seating assignments, threw them in a lottery barrel and started having a little game for themselves.
As someone who opted out and is somewhat indifferent/impartial, I do think the seat assignment complaints are fair. It circles back, yet again, to transparency.
I get that this is a difficult task. I think they did a pretty good job with Step 1, which was mapping sections of YS to Citi Sections. I say that even though I hated my section assignment so much that I opted out, because even though I hated it, I can't pick out a better option and generally I think their mapping makes sense. So I give them solid marks for that.

But though I also recognize that Step 2 is logistically even tougher, I can't give them better than a "D" on how they handled it, and frankly an "F" would not be irrational. Even adjusting for the fact that the people most poorly handled will make the most noise, I'm seeing too many reports of people sitting right next to each other placed several sections apart. And having seen multiple reports of Row 1 seats at YS not getting Row 1 at Citi, I'm pretty sure I have yet to see a single counter example, where someone replies to a post or Reddit comment, or tweet, saying FWIW, I'm Row 1 at YS and also got Row 1 at Citi. The closest I have seen is Row 2 and many report being much further back. It is hard not to conclude that they did not even try to keep any sort of like for like mapping within sections. Maybe that's wrong, but the club is not even presenting a counterfactual story.

Which is why it comes back to transparency and communication: If they did try to do a better job than what appears to be random chance, they had to know days and even weeks ago how they planned to do this. Good communication would have given some notice and explanation:

Please note that though we will try to accommodate everyone with seats as close to their Yankee Stadium seats as possible, there are limitations. For example, more than 2,500 season tickets holders sit in front row seats at Yankee Stadium, and there are only 1,800 corresponding front row seats at Citi Field. But we can guarantee that anyone with a front row seat will be no further back than the third row of any given section. Similarly, though we will try to keep seatmates together, even those not on the same account, we have to warn you that in some instances that will not be possible and people may even be 2-3 sections away from each other.
We apologize and ask for your cooperation and understanding as we all navigate and try to make the best of what we acknowledge is a less than perfect situation.
Boom. Good will.
But instead the CFG way is admit nothing, explain nothing, and circle the wagons.* It's been that way since Lampard. Never admit. Never confess. No excuses. No apologies. We do things as we see fit and if you don't like it as a customer you have 2 options. Accept it or don't. So why should we customers give them the benefit of the doubt when they handle every damn negative situation the same way? I mean, they're not even claiming they made even a minimal effort to keep Row 1 in Row 1, or seat buddies close to each other. So why should we assume that's what they did if they don't even say so?

* I think things were marginally better under Patricof, though the essential culture did not change. This year under Sims I see complete regression to the CFG way.
Further, it doesn’t make sense that the argument is potentially (because they haven’t said anything) that the ratio of seats in a section don’t match up, because I can guarantee that my YS section is not filled to capacity with STH so the transfer to Citi won’t need to match exactly - compress the seats/row and fill; some may spill to the next row, but there should definitely be enough gaps/non-STH seats at YS that an overlay could get close once compressed.

Lots of complaints about seats for STHs. Not sure what everyone expected. Team let everyone know that moving the venue was possible (and likely), and gave everyone a week to opt in or opt out. It's risky, especially since I'd assume 99% of people know that one stadium doesn't translate directly to another -- especially if you were a STH in 2017 and went through that relocation process.

Lots of complaints about seats for STHs. Not sure what everyone expected. Team let everyone know that moving the venue was possible (and likely), and gave everyone a week to opt in or opt out. It's risky, especially since I'd assume 99% of people know that one stadium doesn't translate directly to another -- especially if you were a STH in 2017 and went through that relocation process.

i think people who opted in knew there were going to be some sacrifices. e.g., you weren't going to get the same exact seat or view of the game. people were probably expecting to be moved up or down a row or to a section left or right. but to have people who sit together in a row scattered around 4-5 sections seems pretty unexpected and is why people are upset.

i can understand and appreciate that it's not an easy task but as mgarbowski said before, it would be nice if the club was more transparent about how they were doing it instead of saying seats would be assigned like for like as best as possible, which doesn't really seem to be the case. what reason could there be that two people who sit next to eachother at YS would be sitting 3 sections away from each other at citi? just doesn't make a whole lot of sense and i honestly couldn't imagine a legitimate reason for doing it.

i think people who opted in knew there were going to be some sacrifices. e.g., you weren't going to get the same exact seat or view of the game. people were probably expecting to be moved up or down a row or to a section left or right. but to have people who sit together in a row scattered around 4-5 sections seems pretty unexpected and is why people are upset.

i can understand and appreciate that it's not an easy task but as mgarbowski said before, it would be nice if the club was more transparent about how they were doing it instead of saying seats would be assigned like for like as best as possible, which doesn't really seem to be the case. what reason could there be that two people who sit next to eachother at YS would be sitting 3 sections away from each other at citi? just doesn't make a whole lot of sense and i honestly couldn't imagine a legitimate reason for doing it.

giphy.gif

I might be looking at this wrong, but City Member SS pricing is supposed to be $36 per the chart. The pre sale site shows them at $38. Can anyone check on their end?
I got auto charged $41 for my (FM GA season ticket) playoff seat :confused:

They should have announced the location before opt out.

Reactions: Ulrich
Someone out there had the ability to write software that would have allowed those of us who opted in to maintain our location relative to our Yankee Stadium friends.

They should have announced the location before opt out.
They should have had a second opt-out round after issuing the seats. It shouldn’t be on the STH to sell their assigned tix before buying a seat that meets their needs/desires - that creates a scenario of getting stuck with the seat assignment if no secondary takers.

George Springer just hit a 3 run home run and the Astros are leading 3-1 still in the top of the 3rd. If Astros win tonight and tomorrow, I'm going to be seriously pissed as Brad Sims.

Another 3 run home run by the Astros. It's 6-1 in the top of the 6th.

Cancel the 10 AM sale of tickets to the public NYCFC. This game should be played at Yankee Stadium.

Last edited: