2021 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs

Nashville wins, so we are the lowest remaining seed in the Eastern Conference, and can no longer host anything until at least MLS Cup -- and that's only if Real Salt Lake comes out of the West. Gonna have to be road warriors to taste glory this year.
we've been a road team most of this season and we got the job done in the end.

i don't know about anybody else, but this teams seems to be much more confident playing in recent games than i've ever seen them before. i like it.

Reactions: mgarbowski
we've been a road team most of this season and we got the job done in the end.

i don't know about anybody else, but this teams seems to be much more confident playing in recent games than i've ever seen them before. i like it.

We were pretty much almost always awful on the road this year, to be honest. We had four road wins all year -- Philly, LAFC, Cincinnati, and Inter Miami. Philly and LAFC were both early in the season, so we had zero impressive road wins since May. Who knows what happens in the playoffs, but being on the road is not encouraging.

Reactions: Shwafta
1637730083007.png

It's, uh, not looking good for RSL.

If they win this, Seattle wyd m8

We were pretty much almost always awful on the road this year, to be honest. We had four road wins all year -- Philly, LAFC, Cincinnati, and Inter Miami. Philly and LAFC were both early in the season, so we had zero impressive road wins since May. Who knows what happens in the playoffs, but being on the road is not encouraging.

i consider all the RBA games to be road games.

and i think the team is in a different mindspace right now. there seems to be an unwavering confidence in the way this team plays lately. i wouldn't want to play us right now.

Reactions: LionNYC and Vallos
View attachment 11578

Me this morning watching the recording of Seattle losing a playoff game on kicks after their opponent takes zero shots all game, then reading the SeattleFC subreddit.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Me this morning watching the recording of Seattle losing a playoff game on kicks after their opponent takes zero shots all game, then reading the SeattleFC subreddit.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
View attachment 11578

Holy shit dude I'm actually cursed. But yeah I'm so excited to go read the Seattle subreddit! Gonna be a fun one!

Reactions: Victors87
Stephen Frye's first shot faced was the first penalty kick. He looked downright uncomfortable after the line violation. Seattle was doomed.

We have been good on corners this year. If a team gives us 15 corners, no chance we don't score at least once. I hope a team plays us like that.

Holy shit dude I'm actually cursed. But yeah I'm so excited to go read the Seattle subreddit! Gonna be a fun one!
OK my mistake but it's SoundersFC not Seattle FC.
Second, the upvote/downvote counts on this exchange about Ochoa is peak something.
Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 9.11.19 AM.png

Also, the North remembers (from the r/MLS postgame thread).
Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 9.15.28 AM.png

It feels so good. Couldn’t sleep last night I was so giddy after PKs. Someone remind me next year to pick all home game victories for the first round except RSL. Cause they did it against LAFC in 2018 and again in Seattle in 2021. I hope they do it again in SKC. RSL: ruining the lives of really good play off teams whenever they scrape into the playoffs.

Seattle won MLS Cup in 2016 without recording a shot on target and won in PKs

Not recording a SOG and not recording a shot are two different things. To not even have a shot attempt in a playoff game is a pathetic, cynical way to play soccer. I'm so glad this team doesn't believe in hijinks like that.

Also, Seattle had something like 3 SOG on 21 shots. They were so wasteful and looked like they were out of ideas for at least the last 90 minutes of that game. So we can blast RSL for being cynical, but Seattle was so poor offensively.

Not recording a SOG and not recording a shot are two different things. To not even have a shot attempt in a playoff game is a pathetic, cynical way to play soccer. I'm so glad this team doesn't believe in hijinks like that.

Also, Seattle had something like 3 SOG on 21 shots. They were so wasteful and looked like they were out of ideas for at least the last 90 minutes of that game. So we can blast RSL for being cynical, but Seattle was so poor offensively.
3 shots. 0 on target.