2021 MLS Cup in Portland - Travel and Logistics Thread

Do we really need to do it through CLEAR? I figure just showing the NY Excelsior Pass and ID would be enough…

Do we really need to do it through CLEAR? I figure just showing the NY Excelsior Pass and ID would be enough…
Maybe?
Someone posted the actual guidance above which doesn't even mention Clear. And nobody outside of NY is obligated to accept the Excelsior pass, but someone else reported that he used it outside NY without any problems.
So, who knows and act accordingly.

Maybe?
Someone posted the actual guidance above which doesn't even mention Clear. And nobody outside of NY is obligated to accept the Excelsior pass, but someone else reported that he used it outside NY without any problems.
So, who knows and act accordingly.
I’ve used my excelsior pass everywhere in the States with no issues for the last six months. Also have a photo of my vax card on my phone as well, just in case

For anyone looking for a delicious breakfast/egg sandwich option, I highly recommend Fried Egg I'm In Love.

Food trucks at two or three spots and a restaurant. The one in Pioneer Square is a nice little spot, near the city center and only a few blocks from Providence Park. Went there twice when I was in Portland, got a shirt too since I'm a dunce like that LOL.

from another thread and maybe worth noting:
Current forecast from the National Weather Service has the following conditions at kickoff:
  • 39 degrees
  • rain between 3/4" and 1" over the day
  • winds of 23 mph, gusting to 33
I want to be as prepared as I can be and achieve general comfort with the elements during this match for maximal support of the team.
Thinking about a poncho.

from another thread and maybe worth noting:
Current forecast from the National Weather Service has the following conditions at kickoff:
  • 39 degrees
  • rain between 3/4" and 1" over the day
  • winds of 23 mph, gusting to 33
I want to be as prepared as I can be and achieve general comfort with the elements during this match for maximal support of the team.
Thinking about a poncho.
I bought a fairly heavy duty one on Amazon that came next day for $12. I'm thinking it is going to be a very "worth-it" purchase.

sorry of this has been posted. as i try to wrap my head around what is probably the biggest "last minute" trip of my life I thought other might find informative.

there are water stations. cool interactive map:

I bought a fairly heavy duty one on Amazon that came next day for $12. I'm thinking it is going to be a very "worth-it" purchase.
Gonna wear my heavy NYCFC sweatshirt, with my hooded rain jacket on top. Combined with waterproof sneakers, I’m hoping I should be good to go. Also hoping the seats are under cover, which would really help.
Also it looks like weather from google shows temp at 48 degrees, which I think would be much better?

Attachments

• 4CB0359B-5B69-465C-A282-056C2601CFA5.jpeg
    4CB0359B-5B69-465C-A282-056C2601CFA5.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 4
I guess worst case we can always ask people at the airport. Whoever gets to portland first, be a kind one and ask for us all hah.
Confirming that Red Line is operating normally from/to PDX. Heading into the city now.

Runs from PDX every 15 minutes from 9am until 10pm on the quarter hours, and then every 30 minutes until 12:30am - on the hour and half hour. Every half hour in the early morning as well.

Schedule

Saw a handful of NYCFC fans on the morning Alaska Air flight. Gate attendant at JFK must have been from Portland and noticed. "Alaska Air Flight 479 to Portland, the Rose City and home to the Portland Timbers." Mentioned this weekend's MLS Cup final against "New York football club."

Last edited:
Saw a handful of NYCFC fans on the morning Alaska Air flight. Gate attendant at JFK must have been from Portland and noticed. "Alaska Air Flight 479 to Portland, the Rose City and home to the Portland Timbers." Mentioned this weekend's MLS Cup.
Obviously hope his/her Timbers lose, but I love when gate/flight attendants or pilots give little details like that.

Anyone receive details on Third Rail MLS final tickets?
Instructions on how to get e-tickets?

CAMERA POLICY
Fans can continue to enjoy matches and grab photos for personal use only via non-professional cameras (no SLR or DSLR cameras) without detachable lenses

- - - - -

I hate that most stadiums identify a SLR as “professional.” Is it a crime I want to take nice personal photos? Anyway the rain forecast has probably made up my mind for me. Now to go find a poncho

Reactions: SoupInNYC