2022 Roster Discussion

well there were those interviews after last weekend's game where he said his future was going to possibly be decided in the next few days... so we need a taty sighting. we'll find out if/when we see him in the lineup on Sunday or not!

he said "he hoped" not that it was a sure thing.

well there were those interviews after last weekend's game where he said his future was going to possibly be decided in the next few days... so we need a taty sighting. we'll find out if/when we see him in the lineup on Sunday or not!
It's clear that he's playing Sunday, then heading straight to JFK, where he and the club will have a joint press conference announcing his departure, a temp stadium on Randalls Island, a permanent stadium in a secret location nobody thought of yet.

In the men's room after the game, RB Radio was talking about a done deal and Taty's departure. Didn't stick around to hear the full report- anyone else hear it?

Good Guy Glenn getting the hype train going ... lol.

I think we'd have heard more news somewhere by now if Taty was already gone? these things don't stay quiet this deep into a deal.

Reactions: Kjbert and Higgs1
He deserves the chance to try himself in Europe I jut hate for it to be mid season when we have a chance at back to back championships and he has a chance to become the first ever back to back golden boot winner. I'd be more than happy for him to go after the season. It definitely sucks sometimes not lining up with most of the world schedule wise.

FX6QiiEXgAcIb-x

I really hope the Suarez rumors are true, 6 to 18 month contract would be amazing, bridges the gal when taty leaves, plays to stay in top fork before the world cup, doesn't seem like a guy who loses intensity at this level. Either he plays to the world cup and is done and we find a replacement, or he stays 18 and help guide whoever our long term option is to fit the stlye of defensive forward we want. Brings in a superstar with little risk and a lot of upside. Could energize casual fans to come back to or come for the first time to the club and they can see how much better we are and maybe stay as supporters. Doesn't hurt that he will be backed by an Argentine #10 and Brazilian winger as well. I am probably biased because I support Uruguay but I still think this would be a slam dunk, win now move to keep up momentum even with taty gone.

Also: could be helpful for santi to connect with someone so integral to the national team, Santi/Acevedo(not as likely) getting a call-up --> higher profile and potential transfer fees. Everything about this just makes sense to me.

The plot thickens in regards to Taty.

Personally, I think it would be a disappointment to see CFG loan him to Europe instead of actually selling him. I don't understand why we haven't gotten the fee we though we'd get for him, considering his skill and success here.
Not just that it would be a loan but a loan within CFG feels like a real fail to get something else done.
Not that I have any reason to blame Lee, or CFG, or Taty.

Not just that it would be a loan but a loan within CFG feels like a real fail to get something else done.
Not that I have any reason to blame Lee, or CFG, or Taty.

they stuck to their asking price and would not budge. and i think the actual offers were about 10M or less.