2022 Roster Discussion

Just a quote from the coach:

“We could put Talles as a No. 9, he's a good player and when you say are we going to bring somebody in? Recruitment is an ongoing thing for us. We're looking all over the world consistently and continually to make sure that if we do bring a player in, it's to strengthen our team.”

west ham have the money and the need, but simply aren't willing to pull the trigger for whatever reason.
I was surprised at Leeds, too. And you can bet Everton are kicking themselves in the pants right now.

This is ultimately a good move for him, though. He'll feature for Girona right away and get a full season in a Big Five league to dispel any lingering doubts about his quality. At this stage, it's better for him to be a big fish in a small pond than the other way around.

Pretty easy adjustment for him, too. Spanish-speaking country; his wingman, Stuani, is Uruguyan, so they'll have a lot to talk about; should be really comfortable. He can just dial right in and let his freak flag fly.

Reactions: Higgs1
Everton isn’t allowed to spend. We needed a £50 million transfer PROFIT in this window just to steer clear of a points deduction. We’ve sold Richarlison for just that.

We can only spend if we are able to offload Gomes, Allan and one of the CBs.

Everton isn’t allowed to spend. We needed a £50 million transfer PROFIT in this window just to steer clear of a points deduction. We’ve sold Richarlison for just that.

We can only spend if we are able to offload Gomes, Allan and one of the CBs.
Yeah, it's an awful spot to be in. All that spending and all that red ink, with not much to show for it. And no chance of doing some kind of Barcelona magic to wriggle out of it, either.

David Moyes said MLS is a trash league and no thanks.

To paraphrase.

If that's what he truly thinks, then it just shows his inability to spot talent and that's not exactly a quality a head coach should lack.

People on the reddit thread saying stuff like he's going to have improve his finishing or they can't see him cutting it over there. Kind of blows my mind but I guess Moyes isn't the only doubter .

taty will 100% be the best player on the Girona side if he plays like he does for us. Based off transfermarkt and also just Girona being a newly promoted side, that's one of the benefits of him going there, getting real top 5 experience while also being a key player/starter.

taty will 100% be the best player on the Girona side if he plays like he does for us. Based off transfermarkt and also just Girona being a newly promoted side, that's one of the benefits of him going there, getting real top 5 experience while also being a key player/starter.
Stuani is really good, even now at 35 years old. So, I don't know about best player quite yet. But Taty is definitely getting a tremendous opportunity to show what he can really do against top competition.

just got the announcement email. bye bye taty :(

looks like it is a straight up loan to girona not a CFG buys and then loans, like with Harrison.
So we're waiting a year for cash/GAM to come in. So likely difficult to add anyone to the roster (even not at striker). Don't love this outcome financially for NYCFC.

Reactions: moogoo and Kjbert
The situation to loan Taty now firmly puts Girona’s wants ahead of NYCFC.

This is fucking terrible from the organization. Mickey Mouse shit

If he does well, at least we get to cash in, not CFG.

At first I thought it odd to be only a loan, but now I am seeing the benefit. As you note, a sale after this season allows funds to go to NYCFC and not Manchester City. This could line up with acquisitions next season - the GAM clock starts in 2023 and there is greater flexibility associated with the Maxi and/or Mitrita contracts. It was unlikely the team was going to add a major piece this year, with the rumored Campaz acquisition more in line with the model.

It may also be an accounting maneuver to allow for signing Callens/Johnson/Tinnerholm. Or, a signal that MLS might change some salary rules next year?

And, although I doubt it happens, a 1 year loan allows for a Taty return if he fails to thrive in Europe.

Only outcome that would be fair now, assuming they don’t go out and bring in a monster signing is Yangel Herrera on loan in reverse.

Reactions: Joe_Cos