2023 NYCFC Kit Thread

Apart from the small NYC Parks logo it really has nothing to specifically do with New York. It's not like our parks are unique in featuring green plants and trees. I was expecting more. With the exception of this years subway motif jersey, they always seem to fail when trying to reference NYC.

Also the blue side stripes clash, though apart from that I expect it might look kind of striking on someone in person.

Apart from the small NYC Parks logo it really has nothing to specifically do with New York. It's not like our parks are unique in featuring green plants and trees. I was expecting more. With the exception of this years subway motif jersey, they always seem to fail when trying to reference NYC.

Also the blue side stripes clash, though apart from that I expect it might look kind of striking on someone in person.
Agreed, very underwhelming. Not a bad kit, but it's just... a tree. I forgot they don't have trees anywhere else, only in NYC.

a jersey to represent the parks of nyc was tough from the get go. there isn't anything unique about trees or the trees in nyc. but, we do have some iconic parks that they could have featured in some way. i think that would have been nice.

That leak doesn't have a star on it so it appears to be a replica. Let's wait to see what the authentics look like.

Reactions: Higgs1
That leak doesn't have a star on it so it appears to be a replica. Let's wait to see what the authentics look like.

do these jerseys have authentics? i thought they were like the parley which i think only has one version and i think they are replica versions

do these jerseys have authentics? i thought they were like the parley which i think only has one version and i think they are replica versions

I would think they do. Or at least whatever the players wear will be called authentics. Almost positive our parley kits had stars on them.

Somewhere between a Sounders jersey and a rejected military appreciation top

Anyone have information as to why they are releasing third kits this year and which teams will be getting them? I just say the Toronto one yesterday and it was pretty bad. Is there any specific day that all the teams will be wearing their thirds? This just seems so random and without coordination from the league to the public.

Reactions: Kjbert
Anyone have information as to why they are releasing third kits this year and which teams will be getting them? I just say the Toronto one yesterday and it was pretty bad. Is there any specific day that all the teams will be wearing their thirds? This just seems so random and without coordination from the league to the public.
FWIW my kids told me that once a club hits a certain number of kit sales they get authorization to release a third kit.

Reactions: JCMore
FWIW my kids told me that once a club hits a certain number of kit sales they get authorization to release a third kit.
here is what footyheadlines says:

However, the exact criteria for earning a third kit remains undisclosed, although it is believed that teams must sell more than 100,000 kits during a specific timeframe.

here is what footyheadlines says:

However, the exact criteria for earning a third kit remains undisclosed, although it is believed that teams must sell more than 100,000 kits during a specific timeframe.

no way nycfc sold that much.

EDIT: actually...thinking about it, if the timeframe was last year then its possible. since many people bought a jersey with a star.