2023 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Which positions do you think need a new signing?

• Goalkeeper

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Center back

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Left back

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Right back

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Defensive Midfielder

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Midfielder (standard)

• Attacking Midfielder

• Striker (forward)

Votes: 48 92.3%
  • Left Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Right Winger

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

No idea on the quality of the source.
I mean he definitely seems good but I’m also sick of signing South American teenagers as a conveyor belt for cfg to Europe . I’d rather get some borderline US national teamers or some solid but not great European or South American players of medium age who’ll stick around for awhile .

Reactions: Kjbert

Makes it appear he’s at gunpoint trying to make it look like it wasn’t the clubs call lol

take back what i said... he definitely chose the money. but i guess i can't blame him. better have been some massive amount!

the club also better have gotten a massive amount for him...

sad. guess our only choice now is to hope our new #9 is good, magno makes an amazing return to form, and pellegrini suddenly becomes an offensive power house. not much to ask for, right?

take back what i said... he definitely chose the money. but i guess i can't blame him. better have been some massive amount!

the club also better have gotten a massive amount for him...

sad. guess our only choice now is to hope our new #9 is good, magno makes an amazing return to form, and pellegrini suddenly becomes an offensive power house. not much to ask for, right?

Club release said we got 8 figures so 10+ mil. Good deal if so. Think we invested maybe 5?

Hard to fault Gabi for getting that bag, and it's good business for us to get over $10 million for him. Still, hard to imagine how we're going to make the playoffs with Gabi now gone. Even if we sign more players, it's going to be hard to get them up to speed in time. This really does seem like the end of any reasonable expectation of competing in 2023. We now have nearly $30 million from the sales of Taty and Gabi, so there is lots of money to reinvest in the squad. Even if we're not competitive in 2023, we will hopefully set ourselves up nicely for 2024.

Reactions: SThorp
Even if we're not competitive in 2023, we will hopefully set ourselves up nicely for 2024.
Doubt Reaction GIF

I mean he definitely seems good but I’m also sick of signing South American teenagers as a conveyor belt for cfg to Europe . I’d rather get some borderline US national teamers or some solid but not great European or South American players of medium age who’ll stick around for awhile .

Totally agree with both accounts.

Ain't nothing changing until The Mothership changes philosophy and stops treating NYCFC like it's a traveling youth squad.

Reactions: snugglefarts
It really could be that they have decided there is no need to spend or care until the World Cup and a stadium. Even if they anger the fan base and lose some of it as a result, they know they get the reset and the momentum back when it counts. The end of this window and the off season will reveal all. It could get ugly for a while if they truly plan to go through the motions.

Reactions: snugglefarts
This is what "source" is saying. They're going cheap until the stadium is done.

Great so that means it's probably the opposite.

NYCFC fans are so overwrought. This team has made the playoffs every year since 2016. MLS Cup. Conference final. Best record in the league. What evidence is there that the organization isn't funding us? That we're not signing the Villas and Lampards anymore? Those signings didn't work, and we reached our peak after all those players had left. This team consistently puts a winning product on the field. It seems possible that this is the worst year of our rebuild, and it's nowhere near as bad as most teams get. We've already signed two players this window, the press release on Gabi said they would be adding more. What more are we asking for?

Great so that means it's probably the opposite.

NYCFC fans are so overwrought. This team has made the playoffs every year since 2016. MLS Cup. Conference final. Best record in the league. What evidence is there that the organization isn't funding us? That we're not signing the Villas and Lampards anymore? Those signings didn't work, and we reached our peak after all those players had left. This team consistently puts a winning product on the field. It seems possible that this is the worst year of our rebuild, and it's nowhere near as bad as most teams get. We've already signed two players this window, the press release on Gabi said they would be adding more. What more are we asking for?
To say villa didn’t work is ridiculous they just did t surround him with the proper talent . Plug in an in his mls prime villa to the side right now and they’d be a hell of a lot closer to the playoffs .

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
To say villa didn’t work is ridiculous they just did t surround him with the proper talent . Plug in an in his mls prime villa to the side right now and they’d be a hell of a lot closer to the playoffs .

Villa was the only one that worked. All the other ones didn't work at all and made our team worse.