2024 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

yes but im not sure any have played in nycfc afterwards?
Sure, none of them have. But it’s a jab, not disrespectful. Did he spit at a player? No that was one of our former players. I’d happily have Vela here in blue. Fuck it, let him swing for the fence’s every time he scores for us. Put a damn positive twist on it. It’s not like we will be in baseball stadiums for that much longer.

Sure, none of them have. But it’s a jab, not disrespectful. Did he spit at a player? No that was one of our former players. I’d happily have Vela here in blue. Fuck it, let him swing for the fence’s every time he scores for us. Put a damn positive twist on it. It’s not like we will be in baseball stadiums for that much longer.

Is it even a jab, something tells me it's no deeper than Vela seeing he's in a legendary baseball stadium and doing a goofy celebration. This feels like us as fans implying deeper meaning because of the baggage we carry from years of hearing baseball stadium complaints.

On Hannes Wolf, from an article in December:

While Wolf will be allowed to leave the club on a free transfer in the winter, Gladbach would like to save the salary of the 24-year-old which is worth around €1.5m. Since moving to Gladbach from RB Leipzig, Wolf has struggled to live up to the potential that he had when he arrived.

Injuries have not helped the Austrian but when he has played he has struggled to break into the starting 11 and his cameos have been nothing special.

That would indicate a salary of around $2 million. I would imagine they are getting him for under that and he's a TAM player. Feels like a 24-year-old with tons of potential who underwhelmed in one of the best leagues in the world is exactly the type of player you want to bring to MLS.

I can only remember him and Matt Miazga.

A lot of guys have done it. BWP, Dax, pretty sure Kei Kamara has done it. I think someone from Toronto ... a lot of guys do it. And, frankly, they should. We do play in a baseball stadium. A pretty damn famous one. What are they supposed to do, bounce a basketball?