27,545 Sell Out Vs Sporting Kansas

The seats behind home plate aren't sold for normal home matches (the non-Legends ones, those are already covered up). There are also two sections on the second tier at the very end that were empty for both games (I guess the team doesn't sell those either).

I'm confused about something. If this is a sell out why did the team claim we seat 33,444?

From MLS:

"The stadium will be downsized from its regular capacity of 49,642 seats to 33,444 seats for MLS matches."

So I guess it wasn't a sell out? To be honest I don't know what qualifies as a sell out. Maybe they're only counting the number of tickets they made available? As was said before the end sections weren't sold at all and lots of areas were closed off but every where else it was packed.

I'm confused about something. If this is a sell out why did the team claim we seat 33,444?

From MLS:

"The stadium will be downsized from its regular capacity of 49,642 seats to 33,444 seats for MLS matches."

So I guess it wasn't a sell out? To be honest I don't know what qualifies as a sell out. Maybe they're only counting the number of tickets they made available? As was said before the end sections weren't sold at all and lots of areas were closed off but every where else it was packed.
I believe the first two levels are 27,500, the third at 33,500, and the fourth/full stadium at 49,500

From MLS:

That's not accurate anymore. That was the number put out during the very first press conference when they announced YS as the venue. They later changed that number to 27,xxx. I'm thinking the other 6k must be the seats behind home plate plus the obstructed view seats in the bleachers and elsewhere.

I spoke to my ticket rep in person during the first minute or two of the game inside the stadium concourse. He said they were over 25,000 hoping to get to 26,000. Then it was announced as "27, X45 SELL OUT" on the board in the second half. So I bet 25,000 bodies is legit.

There is surely a bit of funny business behind this sellout.

A day before the game all seats in category 6 were taken. There were also a few hundred seats available in category 4 and the bleachers 202-204, and perhaps a hundred more in the Delta Club. I can believe that those tickets at the $35 level may have eventually been purchased, but given the slow rate at which they were selling previously, I dont think that there is any way all the delta club seats actually sold.

Doesn't meaningfully detract from the accomplishment in my view - I think given their distance from the field those seats will always be a bit of a tough sell.

Why do you think Delta seats are not sold? Is it considered a bad seating area? I have attended few games at a stadium and had a hard time choosing because not familiar with the view or stadium . The virtual program helped me. I was concerned I would not like my choice of seat. I am in the Delta Section 221. I think have a good view so I feel happy with my choice but now that I think about it. Last Saturday had a feeling that the lines had been drawn farther away???

As for the home opener my section was full. For this game the area was halfway empty. Yet when I went inside to warm up during halftime the place was crowded. I did not pay much attention to it but now I wonder if you know something I don't know:confused: