A Big Hello From Typical City

typicalcity

Registered
Mar 10, 2015
Big hello to all NYCFC
Life long man city fan of 50 years watching the blues.
Always looking for a fresh angle to follow football ,what better team than NYCFC to follow.
Open for any debate about football UK/USA
Live in Cheshire uk

Reactions: SFphoto
Whereabouts in Cheshire are you? A lot of my family lives in Cheshire, I used to travel up north every Christmas to spend a week with one family or the other. I know some of the towns quite well.

As your a super fan why is tony Taylor not starting in front of Adam nemec who is fuckin useless ! What do you think shay facey will add to your squad.? What did you think to your teams performance against brondby? Where you pleased that it was a good turn out by city fans to support your team or do you wish wed fuck off and follow someone else ?

Didn't want to contribute to the nonsense in the jersey thread so opted for responding here.

Nemec is Frankenstein. He was really painful to watch with the ball coming in at his feet. ZERO touch. However, the dude is a tank. Once he gets comfortable and can put headers on target effectively, he'll be a problem. I think Kreis is keeping Tony Taylor as a super sub. The pattern seems to be to play possession early and then speed later. It also seems to work; provided we can keep from blowing the game late. lol

Facey seems to be a solid defender. He's young and capable. Just what we need. The only problem is as far as I know, we only have him on loan until June. That sucks.

Our performance against Brondy went well to be honest. The 2-0 scoreline suggests otherwise but that was EARLY pre-season. Kreis got to examine the team against a quality side and that's all good.

I was absolutely pleased that MC fans support NYCFC. The more eyes on MLS, the better for the sport in the US. I have absolutely no gripes with that. Having MC fans default to NYCFC is a beautiful thing.

Reactions: JayH
Didn't want to contribute to the nonsense in the jersey thread so opted for responding here.

Nemec is Frankenstein. He was really painful to watch with the ball coming in at his feet. ZERO touch. However, the dude is a tank. Once he gets comfortable and can put headers on target effectively, he'll be a problem. I think Kreis is keeping Tony Taylor as a super sub. The pattern seems to be to play possession early and then speed later. It also seems to work; provided we can keep from blowing the game late. lol

Facey seems to be a solid defender. He's young and capable. Just what we need. The only problem is as far as I know, we only have him on loan until June. That sucks.

Our performance against Brondy went well to be honest. The 2-0 scoreline suggests otherwise but that was EARLY pre-season. Kreis got to examine the team against a quality side and that's all good.

I was absolutely pleased that MC fans support NYCFC. The more eyes on MLS, the better for the sport in the US. I have absolutely no gripes with that. Having MC fans default to NYCFC is a beautiful thing.
Hi I think this is the first nice reply I've had
Me and my lad went to the game against bronby and considering it was only your second match I thought you were coming together very well.the second half was like mos friendlies ruined by so many sub's.tony Taylor came on and he caught my eye he looked a proper English striker mobile and handy completely different to nemec who's more of a battering ram type,was surprised he wasn't used on Sunday.shay facey is abit unknown even to most city fans and hasn't been near the first team ,what he will have had is a good football education as he's been coached by world cup winner Patrick viera ,so its safe to say he should be ok I think,100% certain if it works out you will keep him for the full season.
I was surprised how many turned up for the match and how many city fans are supporting a team in a league we had no interest in last year.its something different to watch after 45 years of the same thing.
As I said before I've spoken to the city chairman a few times and he will deliver on whatever he's promised you and you will go on to be the biggest and best club in the USA if its like us they will make it happen in 5 years.its not his reputation on the line its his countries and he plays a big part in running that.don't know if its true but I read they pretty much run the ports in the states and have a big say what goes on.I know they casually stepped in and stopped the UK's top bank going bang.
Just finish by saying me and the lad collect autographs and stopped behind after the brondby game the players were absolutely superb so so different to our epl players.I got the team sheet signed by about 18 players reina and the manager have a look at the profile picture .nice to talk to someone pleasant there dosnt half seem some angry people on here

Whereabouts in Cheshire are you? A lot of my family lives in Cheshire, I used to travel up north every Christmas to spend a week with one family or the other. I know some of the towns quite well.
We live in "sunny Winsford " about 6 miles from Crewe .city have a big following in the town as Alan oakes and Glyn pardoe the country cousins come from the town

Hi I think this is the first nice reply I've had

I was surprised how many turned up for the match and how many city fans are supporting a team in a league we had no interest in last year.its something different to watch after 45 years of the same thing.

Hopefully some Manchester City fans can come to New York for holiday sometime to enjoy New York City and catch a NYCFC match. Most of our "soccer" season has okay weather although parts of July and most of August it can be hot and humid.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Yeah, it can get chippy quickly on here. I try to avoid it at all costs.

It will definitely be interesting to see how Tony Taylor is used going forward. He's shown some brilliant ability. I think everyone is hoping that we keep Facey. Our back line is a liability at present and every bit of help we can get counts big.

Great set of signatures you got there! I was wondering what that was. You're right in the that the team is really engaged with fans. It's imperative that they keep that going. It's something we don't get in sports period, let alone in NY. The MLS on the whole seems to be pushing that model. The team has been awesome at getting players out to events, and the players themselves have been great at engaging on social media. I was in Philadelphia for the draft. After the draft, we went to a bar/restaurant and the club had Khiry Shelton come over and greet us. At that point, we knew very little about him but you could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice that he was excited to be selected by this team, ready to play and confident in his ability to contribute right away.

Hopefully some Manchester City fans can come to New York for holiday sometime to enjoy New York City and catch a NYCFC match. Most of our "soccer" season has okay weather although parts of July and most of August it can be hot and humid.
Yeah really surprised by how many fans have taken an interest ,Im sure some will come to watch whilst over.don't know if we no much about city but its one hell of a storey from years of being absolutely shit and winning nothing for 34 years the worse we went the more fans we got ! To waking up one day from nearly going out of business to being the richest sports club in the world ! How mads that ?
One thing you do need to learn tho is the term *typical city " this is the ability to fuck everything up when its going well ! It seems to have struck you on Sunday 1.0 up in injury time against ten men and blew it and even today Melbourne city 2,1 up and blew it so be warned it looks like a global thing !!

Agree totally nearly fell over when one of the players asked had we enjoyed the game.city players are so detached from reality its untrue but then again £250,000 a week !! I hope your players stay grounded as it takes off .

One thing you do need to learn tho is the term *typical city " this is the ability to fuck everything up when its going well ! It seems to have struck you on Sunday 1.0 up in injury time against ten men and blew it and even today Melbourne city 2,1 up and blew it so be warned it looks like a global thing !!

In New York that's called "Same Old Jets."

In New York that's called "Same Old Jets."
Maybe we should of joined up with them as well then !!
Its almost uncanny how the curse has spread world wide with such ease.
Another saying we use is " cups for cock ups " meaning we are the best at making a mess of things ,come to think of it that one seems to have gone global from what you guys say has gone on

Agree with all of this. I was hoping (still hoping) that Nemec could be a Fellaini-type (without the 'fro), lumbering but very difficult to cover, and a big target in the middle, dangerous with the head, etc. I will give Nemec another chance, as JK must see something in him. I hope he (or Mullins) becomes a viable partner to Villa, because I love having Taylor and Shelton as burst-of-energy subs.

As for Facey, I'm hoping he gets a shot on Sunday, though not sure JK will feel comfortable playing such a youngster in such a big spot.

I welcome the support as well from around the world, typicalcity, just don't make fun of our custom kits :)

Maybe we should of joined up with them as well then !!
Its almost uncanny how the curse has spread world wide with such ease.
Another saying we use is " cups for cock ups " meaning we are the best at making a mess of things ,come to think of it that one seems to have gone global from what you guys say has gone on
Cock is generally used almost exclusively for something different here. It can be used in the sense you're using it but too often someone will misinterpret, often intentionally, in an annoying way that makes it clear the listener never grew up, so most just avoid it, unless the more vulgar meaning is our actual intent.

Cock is generally used almost exclusively for something different here. It can be used in the sense you're using it but too often someone will misinterpret, often intentionally, in an annoying way that makes it clear the listener never grew up, so most just avoid it, unless the more vulgar meaning is our actual intent.
Yeah cock has two meanings here but "cock up" is absolutely fine to use means to make a mess /fuck things up or generally make a balls up of something

Agree with all of this. I was hoping (still hoping) that Nemec could be a Fellaini-type (without the 'fro), lumbering but very difficult to cover, and a big target in the middle, dangerous with the head, etc. I will give Nemec another chance, as JK must see something in him. I hope he (or Mullins) becomes a viable partner to Villa, because I love having Taylor and Shelton as burst-of-energy subs.

As for Facey, I'm hoping he gets a shot on Sunday, though not sure JK will feel comfortable playing such a youngster in such a big spot.

I welcome the support as well from around the world, typicalcity, just don't make fun of our custom kits :)
Not making fun of your custom shirts carnt wait to see you all on Sunday in your MI and iLLA shirts haha !
Just one other question please god don't tell me an adult would go to the game with the socks,shorts and shirt on ??
They wouldn't right ?
We have a phrase for that in england FKW lol

Reactions: JayH
Not making fun of your custom shirts carnt wait to see you all on Sunday in your MI and iLLA shirts haha !
Just one other question please god don't tell me an adult would go to the game with the socks,shorts and shirt on ??
They wouldn't right ?
Even in the U.S., that would be a huge no-no, except for the younger ones, or maybe Halloween.

Welcome, you dirty Brit. I think you'll fit in nicely here. We're all ball-busters.

On another note, is your keyboard shitting the bed? No spacebar or shift key? The formatting of your posts is making my retinas bleed. I'm a designer, so stupid shit like this bothers me. Carry on.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
They wouldn't right ?

No way. It ends with the jersey. It wouldn't be a fun time for you if you showed up in full uniform.

They wouldn't right ?
Come on then you havnt answered about the shorts ? Surely not???

You can trust that SOMEBODY will do it. This is NYC. We have every kind of weirdo/wanker you can imagine.