Andrew Jacobson 5th Player

Probably better quality than most of the A-League...

Sydney FC 5 - 2 LA Galaxy (Back in the Beckham days and when Donovan was inform)
Newcastle Jets 2 - 1 LA Galaxy
Melbourne Victory 2 - 2 LA Galaxy

I know I am only using LA Galaxy but I think A-league = MLS.

How would MLS experts (or at least more knowledgeable than most) compare Jacobson to Brovsky? Yes different positions but its another player with some reasonable MLS experience. Which do most think has the more potential of the 2? Not sure there's any particular link up with the club in this particular case (unlike the CFG links with Brovsky's loan club) and it makes sense that there's an experienced American coach there.

Both I think have been victims of coaching changes recently . But prior to this year both showed a lot of talent. It's hard for me at least to judge fullbacks but I would say Jacobson has shown flashes of quality that have impressed me. Although I would say Brovsky has been a impressive as well. Both should start for NYCFC.

Sydney FC 5 - 2 LA Galaxy (Back in the Beckham days and when Donovan was inform)
Newcastle Jets 2 - 1 LA Galaxy
Melbourne Victory 2 - 2 LA Galaxy

I know I am only using LA Galaxy but I think A-league = MLS.
Fox Soccer shows A-league at ungodly hours when I am awake sometimes, for who knows what reason. Point is I have watched some A-league, more than twenty but less than 50. I would put MLS above A-League in quality. It certainly isn't an ocean between the two but it is noticeable.

Curiously, I think a bigger gap has opened up recently.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think MLS and The US Nats have a slight jump on A league and the Socceroos in getting started a little earlier. I think our friends from down under are taking on a similar project facing similar difficulties with a crowded sporting landscape where soccer is not king. I think MLS is a bit better but you guys started a little later. It's no insult and I wish the A league all the best. In some ways I suppose you could view us as competition both being emerging markets but I'd like to think there's room enough for both and we can grow and both challenge the Europeans and South Americans a bit more somewhere along the line.

In Australia the hierarchy really goes:

1) Rugby
2) Aussie rules football
3) Drinking
4) Wrestling strange native animals
5) Soccer

I can see Soccer jumping up to #4 but the others will be hard to unseat