Anti-ref Chants

didn't take it as an accusation, you crowdsourced for some feedback from the groups, provided as much.

How about my suggestion for a taunt that's clever (if not so politically correct)

Who's your daddy?
Who's your daddy?
Who's your daddy referee?
Never had one, never had one!
You're a bastard referee!

Reactions: c'connor
How about my suggestion for a taunt that's clever (if not so politically correct)

Who's your daddy?
Who's your daddy?
Who's your daddy referee?
Never had one, never had one!
You're a bastard referee!

Just as the hanging ref chant could be percieved as racist, this could be deemed offensive by single Moms and anyone raised by a single mother. It really is a slippery slope

Reactions: Mike Begley
Just as the hanging ref chant could be percieved as racist, this could be deemed offensive by single Moms and anyone raised by a single mother. It really is a slippery slope

That's why I wasn't too sure. Figure I'd let you guys chime in.

Reactions: Goodfella
Can we crowdsource contacts for the various Supporters Groups? I agree that this should start with them, not Yankee Stadium or NYCFC.

Does anybody know members for Bronx, Brown Bag, HoO, TR, etc., either on the forum, or social media, or emails, to show the concerns about offensive chants?

I'm part of HoO. I will bring this up on the Facebook page right now. @johnny_f and crew seems like great folks, so I see us being a part of the solution.

< HoO member here.

Currently, a majority of the SG's are meeting to work on developing a short list of unified chants to help solidify the noise in the stadium. We will be meeting this weekend to coordinate the list and are developing a committee/process to keep us all on the same page.

Please PM me if you are a representative in one of the groups that would like to have some input in the songs.

I don't know if it really is a slippery slope. Just ask yourselves, how do I want to present my SG/SC?

Case in point, Mexico NT fans in the last World Cup defending their right to yell "puto" when the opposing goalie kicked off. That's what they wanted the world to see. They said the use of the word was cultural. The other side is that people are going to disagree and say you are homophobic. But at the end it is your decision as SG/SC leaders and members.

Personally, lynching is not something I would chant, but I am not in your SC. Earlier I said I liked a chant that used the word "fuck"... many people would find that vulgar/unacceptable. Same goes for "bastard" or anything that might seem offensive.

What I am trying to say is accept responsibility for yourselves and SG/SC's actions. Maybe if you have doubts, try another chant. If you think something might offend, don't be surprised when it does. I think 99% of the people at YS Sunday were good people (the other 1% were NE Rev fans)... so like the old saying goes "think before you speak".

This thread prompted a serious discussion among members of Hearts of Oaks. Our view is that we are of sufficient size, and familiarity with each other, to self-police. We don't want, nor will we condone, any intolerance or abuse relating to race, creed, gender or preference. Any incidents will be dealt with on the spot, and with follow-up. We expect that we are a reasonable group of people, so reasonable behavior should be observed. Will we drink? Will we curse? Will our chants be church-worthy? Hell yeah, hell yeah, and hell no. But we will not cross the line into intolerance.

and to be fair, we use some profanity. It happens when guys/gals have a few, but its not onerous and we would adapt if surrounded by little ones, which we're not. There is a family section available, after all
The family section I say in had such a great atmosphere. I like how all fans I came in contact with conducted themselves. I also appreciated watching the supporter groups from our section. It was great seeing everyone,

Its a chant. Get over it. Its not that bad
I have never once been offended by something somebody has said to me, and I think that words sometimes have too much power over people. But with that said, every body is different and in a public place like a sports game (where everybody supports the same team) people should respect every body else and understand that you don't say certain things in public!

Mentioned this in another thread last week, but there were some prize assholes standing behind me in the TR section who were mocking a group of guys trying to start up songs in Spanish by mimicking them and subbing in words like margarita/burrito. Way to go guys, let's try and undermine the few people actually trying to get the atmosphere going with some grade school-level race-baiting.

Mentioned this in another thread last week, but there were some prize assholes standing behind me in the TR section who were mocking a group of guys trying to start up songs in Spanish by mimicking them and subbing in words like margarita/burrito. Way to go guys, let's try and undermine the few people actually trying to get the atmosphere going with some grade school-level race-baiting.
Remember RB fans complaining about the same shit in the past. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same set of idiots who switched from Harrison to the Bronx.

Hey! So I was in Section 237 on Sunday, and had a great time. I had forgotten about this event until just now, and wanted to bring it up if anybody has a suggestion or opinions.

Mark Geiger wasn't getting a ton of love from the section, and a bunch of people tried to get anti-ref chants going. One of them suggested that Mrs. Geiger wasn't particularly adroit in bed, which isn't genius by any means, but, whatever.

Sadly, a bunch of kids starting chanting "The ref has two dads! The ref has two dads!" This was really offensive, and really upsetting. The chant didn't take off too much, but I did have to yell "fuck off with that bullshit" to them, which, while not one of my finest moments, did the job.

Most NYCFC fans seem like good, honest folks, but I feel like we should nip any homophobic chants in the bud. A few guys and I in our row tried supplanting the cadence with "The ref's a Red Bull!" which worked a bit. So maybe that's an option.

Does anybody know a good way to reach out to NYCFC to send out a statement about misogynistic/sexist/homophobic/transphobic chants? And any ideas for an anti-ref chant that's well, clever?

So I made NYCFC aware of what happened, and pointed them to this thread, and they said that they're going to look into this and monitor the situation moving forward.

This is a one person sort of a thing. I shout "Hey Ref! I found a cell phone. Is it yours? It says it has missed calls!" (All done while holding up a phone)