Any Experience With Etihad?

kylelovescrayons

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 1, 2014
Not as a sponsor but flying with them. I'll be flying to Jordan for a spell this summer (My game tickets will be made available don't worry) and Etihad is solids $200-300 less than any one else flying from JFK or any of the other airports nearby. Are they simply best friends with Jordan/JFK or are they typically cheaper than others, or is my flight going to be the worst?

Anyone? Bueller?

Not as a sponsor but flying with them. I'll be flying to Jordan for a spell this summer (My game tickets will be made available don't worry) and Etihad is solids $200-300 less than any one else flying from JFK or any of the other airports nearby. Are they simply best friends with Jordan/JFK or are they typically cheaper than others, or is my flight going to be the worst?

Anyone? Bueller?
When you get free money from your government, you have a competitive advantage! I've not flown with them, but I have flown with the other two gulf state airlines and have been very pleased. Just about everything is better from service to price than other airlines. Unfortunately, I think they have likely been operating under an illegal competitive advantage with subsidies and other government support and they will eventually be penalized in some way. Enjoy them while you can!

Reactions: kylelovescrayons
Nice - I'm a big KLM fan - and Etihad is literally $1800 cheaper so I'm going to forego any free upgrades through KLM for a drastically cheaper flight. Everything I've heard about Emirates, Qatar Airways etc. is that the experience is great, I guess I was afraid Etihad was straight-up awful hence the cheaper flights.

Thanks. Any other insights?

When you get free money from your government, you have a competitive advantage! I've not flown with them, but I have flown with the other two gulf state airlines and have been very pleased. Just about everything is better from service to price than other airlines. Unfortunately, I think they have likely been operating under an illegal competitive advantage with subsidies and other government support and they will eventually be penalized in some way. Enjoy them while you can!

Etihad is state-owned, so this doesn't really make sense. Every dollar they have is from the government.

Maybe you'll get treated even better if you wear your NYCFC jersey.

But the real question is will I get better treatment at the stadium if I'm wearing Etihad Airlines gear? Secret beer prices? Hidden Falafal Bar? Massaging seats?

Also what if I fly Turkish Airways or Emirate in an NYCFC Jersey?

or go to a Ford dealership in a Man U shirt ... (never happen)

The only thing I know about Ethiad is that they fly to some interesting (small) locations in the U.S.

Well folks for those of you keeping tabs on my travel I actually booked a Royal Jordanian flight that was non-stop - so that's cool. One of those new 787 dream liners that will either be awesome or have batteries explode mid-flight.

Well folks for those of you keeping tabs on my travel I actually booked a Royal Jordanian flight that was non-stop - so that's cool. One of those new 787 dream liners that will either be awesome or have batteries explode mid-flight.

When you going to be there? Will probably be in Jeruslalem for a month or so this summer. It's only a few hours drive...

I'll be in and around Amman from june 22-July 3rd - definitely free during the days if you want to meet up - gf is working there so by day solo tourist, by night semi-local ex-pat or something.

I'll be in and around Amman from june 22-July 3rd - definitely free during the days if you want to meet up - gf is working there so by day solo tourist, by night semi-local ex-pat or something.

I should be there around then too. Let's finish this convo in person next match or FB.