Are you going to CT?

Attending?

• Yes

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 48 80.0%

• Total voters
Honestly the published turnaround to take the stadium from one sport to the other is set up with normal work hours in mind; there is zero chance the grounds crew is working non-stop for three days straight. None.

So what our FO braintrust should have proposed to the Yankee FO noobs is that they hire some skilled-as-Fck people in the industry to fill out three shifts of workers with the usual YS grounds crew supervising. I guarantee the field could have been ready in time. Pay 3rd time slot wages with overtime attached and between the parks dept and other stadiums, there would have been enough manual labor interest to fill out three slots of sod layers.

This is so dumb.

NYCFC is probably giving up close to a million dollars in tickets/concessions because of this, I really don't think labor costs are the issue here.

They could pay 50 workers $100 an hour for 48 hours and still come out far ahead.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
This is so dumb.

NYCFC is probably giving up close to a million dollars in tickets/concessions because of this, I really don't think labor costs are the issue here.

They could pay 50 workers $100 an hour for 48 hours and still come out far ahead.
Dumb? Seriously? I guarantee you it doesn't take three full days to transform the stadium. If they wanted to get it done, they could do it. Either NYCFC didn't push the Yankees to do it, or the Yankees told NYCFC to Fck off and they refused to allow it. Either way, the simplest solution to head off a PR nightmare wasn't undertaken.

You're not getting my email address. Try harder if you want to monetize off of good will.
Hey JGarrettLieb JGarrettLieb we're not monetizing anything. In fact, we have never earned a dime off of the show or the club. This is all done for love of NYCFC. We're just taking a poll and your emails get put on our mailing list for when new episodes are released. That's it.

Reactions: Bigant4389
Dumb? Seriously? I guarantee you it doesn't take three full days to transform the stadium. If they wanted to get it done, they could do it. Either NYCFC didn't push the Yankees to do it, or the Yankees told NYCFC to Fck off and they refused to allow it. Either way, the simplest solution to head off a PR nightmare wasn't undertaken.

When it comes to reasons why things don't get done around this city, never underestimate the power of unions.

When it comes to reasons why things don't get done around this city, never underestimate the power of unions.

So you think unions are preventing us from having a stadium?
giphy.gif

Not sure if you all know but the original post is for a podcast. A FAN RUN PODCAST. We get zero dollars from the team or ads. We do this for fun to bring fans content for FREE! If we ever ask for your email, it's strictly for sending info regarding new content. That's it. We don't sell anything. We'd just like the opportunity to gain more people to interact with and share what we do. And as for why this poll benefits... many ppl in the front office actually interact w us. Pending the results, it's an amazing talking point for the next show to convey displeasure or pros and cons of what's going on. I get some people are always going to be wary on giving an email, which is fine. But don't say we're doing it for monetary purposes or that we're going to share your info bc it's not true

Reactions: NYC is ???
I voted no, but I'm actually already going to be out of town for that weekend so I wouldn't have been able to go to the game at Yankee Stadium anyways.

Had I been in town, I likely would have gone. This was bound to happen at some point and I think the approach the club is taking with it now is reasonable (refunding tickets, discounted game tix, discounted buses, etc.). Yeah its a super shitty situation, but we can handle it.

Hopefully this does put a little more drive into finding a stadium. But more importantly IMO, this doesn't pressure us into settling for something like Belmont.

Not sure if you all know but the original post is for a podcast. A FAN RUN PODCAST. We get zero dollars from the team or ads. We do this for fun to bring fans content for FREE! If we ever ask for your email, it's strictly for sending info regarding new content. That's it. We don't sell anything. We'd just like the opportunity to gain more people to interact with and share what we do. And as for why this poll benefits... many ppl in the front office actually interact w us. Pending the results, it's an amazing talking point for the next show to convey displeasure or pros and cons of what's going on. I get some people are always going to be wary on giving an email, which is fine. But don't say we're doing it for monetary purposes or that we're going to share your info bc it's not true
Everything you say is true, but that's not the point. You made the email address mandatory and that's just bad behavior. If you had the poll and then also an "oh by the way, if you want to be on our limited new-podcast-drops email list fill this in" field that would have been fine. I have no problem with a polite email address request I can either use or ignore, but making it mandatory was the crappier, more disrespectful choice.

im leaning yes.....im already going cross country to see them vs rapids .....so id figure ....make it two away games in a row.....away days are the best days they say

Reactions: Goodfella
Everything you say is true, but that's not the point. You made the email address mandatory and that's just bad behavior. If you had the poll and then also an "oh by the way, if you want to be on our limited new-podcast-drops email list fill this in" field that would have been fine. I have no problem with a polite email address request I can either use or ignore, but making it mandatory was the crappier, more disrespectful choice.
Then don't vote in the poll? No one is forcing you to.

You're being a childish, insufferable snowflake. Other teams fanbases and media read this forum. Stop making us all look bad Seth.

Hey JGarrettLieb JGarrettLieb we're not monetizing anything. In fact, we have never earned a dime off of the show or the club. This is all done for love of NYCFC. We're just taking a poll and your emails get put on our mailing list for when new episodes are released. That's it.

Real quick...

I've avoided commenting on anything you post here but this one is pretty rich so here we go finally.

Why should anyone here care anything about your show? You have NO relationship here. You come, post your content and that's it. People are uncomfortable giving you their e-mail address because they don't know who you are. Then "Bigant" creates an account to "school" us? LMAO! You gotta be kidding me. "We'd just like the opportunity to gain more people to interact with and share what we do." Key word: INTERACT. Our regulars converse here daily about a range of things. Get in the conversation instead of just dropping your podcast off.

Who the hell are you?
A troll. He primarily shows up around RB matches and throws shade that we're making fools of ourselves with what we post. His description of his name is that he was tired of hearing NYC is Red so instead he used question marks - if he was actually a fan of NYCFC and was tired of the "Red" then he'd have thrown his support behind his name - instead it just more passive aggressive trolling. After Friday, we probably won't see him again for a while.

Real quick...

I've avoided commenting on anything you post here but this one is pretty rich so here we go finally.

Why should anyone here care anything about your show? You have NO relationship here. You come, post your content and that's it. People are uncomfortable giving you their e-mail address because they don't know who you are. Then "Bigant" creates an account to "school" us? LMAO! You gotta be kidding me. "We'd just like the opportunity to gain more people to interact with and share what we do." Key word: INTERACT. Our regulars converse here daily about a range of things. Get in the conversation instead of just dropping your podcast off.

Well said R roxfontaine and to support your position that DudesInBlue DudesInBlue spend no time on the forums at all I present this gem from a few weeks ago:

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 9.33.38 AM.png