Atlanta United Logo/colors

sbrylski

Registered
Apr 24, 2014
CJWnVccVEAA9ebs.png:large

A little bland, but pretty clean. I like the focus on gold, which differentiates them from DC a bit.

It's a safe design. But it's bland and unoriginal. They could have done so much better with the name and the logo. Athletic Club Atlanta (AC Atlanta) would have been miles better. Also, they shouldn't have gone with a circle logo. It's overused in this league, there are so many other crest templates to use. Minnesota United FC has such a nice logo.

The black and red stripe behind the 'A' maybe the kit colors? If so, maybe they didnt go with AC Atlanta to avoid the similarities to AC Milan.

This is a great template for a logo. Maybe minus the Chipotle circle in the top left. I'm terrible at photoshop. Gold background for Homegrown. Atlanta instead of Homegrown in red and black alternating. Red and black stripes.
chipotle-homegrown-logo.png

The logo looks a lot cleaner in the MLSsoccer.com video of them announcing everything. Best screenshot I could get. The only thing nicer than that logo, is Rachel to the right.
Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 2.04.35 AM.png

I like the logo a lot.

I guess the issue with the name stems from the fact the club didnt ask fans directly. They sort of did focus groups and asked people what names you associate with soccer.

Would have been good if the gave the fans a few options to vote for. Looking at the logo, Atlanta Athletic( a nod to hosting the olympics??) would have worked well and theyd be nicknamed the a's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul and Gavin23
Minnesota United FC has such a nice logo.

I remember reading that Minnesota may have to change their name from United to something else. And they will be unveiling a new logo for the MLS too

I remember reading that Minnesota may have to change their name from United to something else. And they will be unveiling a new logo for the MLS too
Well Garber said they may have to. I doubt it though.

Dear Sirs:

Before Minnesota enters MLS, please make sure they remove "United" from their official team name. Since the league already has two clubs using the "United" moniker, a third would be ridiculous, redundant and upset those types who measure their manhood by how authentic they are. Three teams using United would upset the balance of the Universe as we know it.

Sincerely,

--Manchester United
--Newcastle United
--West Ham United

P.S. Don't even think of calling them Minnesota City FC!!!

Sincerely,

--Leicester City
--Manchester City
--Norwich City
--Stoke City
--Swansea City

Dear Sirs:

Before Minnesota enters MLS, please make sure they remove "United" from their official team name. Since the league already has two clubs using the "United" moniker, a third would be ridiculous, redundant and upset those types who measure their manhood by how authentic they are. Three teams using United would upset the balance of the Universe as we know it.

Sincerely,

--Manchester United
--Newcastle United
--West Ham United

P.S. Don't even think of calling them Minnesota City FC!!!

Sincerely,

--Leicester City
--Manchester City
--Norwich City
--Stoke City
--Swansea City
Technically it's Swansea City AFC.

Makes all the difference in the world.

Heh that was one of my first thoughts. If they do go with the Milan style stripes. I know there are those among the Jersey supporters who dream of Red Bull leaving one day and returning to the Metro Stars if Atlanta have the Milan kits probably bars them from having those back.

Badge makes me think Avengers abit lol.

Reactions: Fantazma