Away - 03/08 Orlando City SC

4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 is fine. As long as we dont have a true DM that diamond will look bad like it did Saturday and team will struggle.
Still need a ball winner in any formation. 4-3-3 is still very similar to the narrow diamond, depending on how far back the center forward drops.

It's sad how we've gone one week from Velasquez being one of the best players on the field to being removed to the bench. I agree though he has been streaky in his time in MLS.

Does a Kreis start Shelton up top with Villa or on the wing? Or should he play more of a CF role behind Villa?

How about defense? Saunders was brilliant and scary for long stretches. Have we nailed down any starters in any of the defensive positions? Seems everyone takes one step forward then 2 steps back. Maybe Williams is a lock?

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
It's sad how we've gone one week from Velasquez being one of the best players on the field to being removed to the bench. I agree though he has been streaky in his time in MLS.

Does a Kreis start Shelton up top with Villa or on the wing? Or should he play more of a CF role behind Villa?

How about defense? Saunders was brilliant and scary for long stretches. Have we nailed down any starters in any of the defensive positions? Seems everyone takes one step forward then 2 steps back. Maybe Williams is a lock?
I don't think we are any closer to deciding on a back line. We seem to be very weak when it comes to defending.

I think Williams is the RB. The other 3 I am not sure. Its Wingert vs Brovsky, and I personally have liked Wingert better. Brovsky seems a little slow in getting back and doesn't make enough smart choices. Wingert is just a touch too slow.

As for Central defense, this is the most complicated. I think Hernandez is the best organizer but he seems too slow or something. Mendoza is awesome but he seems to get too far up too often, and he has lost the ball A LOT in dangerous positions. Not sure what the answer is yet.

I'm not going to try to predict the entire starting lineup against Orlando on match day 1, but I do agree that Williams seems to be a lock at RB and Wingert will probably be starting at LB. Wingert hasn't looked great but he's a veteran that Kreis is very familiar with and probably trusts a great deal. I love Jeb but he doesn't look like he has the speed or anticipation to get back to defend after his long runs up the flanks.

I am starting to think that both TT and Seba would be better utilized as substitutes who can run at tired defenders and take advantage of space late in games. I'm also very interested to see what we have in Calle when he makes his debut tomorrow against Houston. As for Saunders, he showed he can make plays when he went 1-on-1 with Kaká but he can be very scary back there. He's just a stopgap for Meara (or a GK not on the roster yet). As for the central defenders, I really have no idea anymore. I thought Mendoza would be a clear starter but I'm no longer sure about that. It's probably his job to lose though.

I was bored at work so I made this. First of hopefully many banners and posters I will be making throughout the season.

This one needs some shit-talking above the logo but I feel it is a good start. Any thoughts would be amazing before I throw it to reddit.

8np9SUo.jpg

I have tickets to the game but haven't booked my flight yet in case of a strike. Anyone think I should just buy the flight anyway? I know its already going to cost me

I have tickets to the game but haven't booked my flight yet in case of a strike. Anyone think I should just buy the flight anyway? I know its already going to cost me

Buy the flight... cant think like that.

Also, i'm flying down Friday morning from JFK if anyone wants to party. I'll be in the nycfc long sleeve warm up

Reactions: mlmahan76

I apologize if I am not minding my business but you wrote "Anyone"- Buy ASAP- if you really feel it is important for you in your heart to be a part of a great historic day( at least in soccer folklore). The longer you wait- the higher the cost, that you may think its not worth all that dough. By the way what "strike "are you referring too?

This might be the only time I've wanted a weekend to go by fast, it's almost game week bitches!

Reactions: Fabio