Away - 03/08 Orlando City SC

I hope we play against them the same way we played tonight.
I think we will. It's the first time we saw mix and villa together on the field. I think Grabavoy has been amazing in the last two games. Him and mix playing together is a joy to watch.
I'd just like to see someone different up top with Villa instead of Nemec.

I was bored at work so I made this. First of hopefully many banners and posters I will be making throughout the season.

This one needs some shit-talking above the logo but I feel it is a good start. Any thoughts would be amazing before I throw it to reddit.

8np9SUo.jpg

Good work, but having grown up 2 hours north, I can tell you they probably won't find this to be an insult.

So any plans before we go to the game? Like party or something?
Come out the night before to Ryan's Daughter. It will be filled with members from here, various SC's and supporters in general.
Will be meeting at 5. Should be a blast. The day of most people will be at bars around the stadium.

Reactions: Fabio
So any plans before we go to the game? Like party or something?

Third Rail is meeting at a place called Brick House Tavern. Also, there will be a Third Rail bus from Brick House Tavern to the Citrus Bowl. I'd email TR directly because deadline may have passed for Tavern ticket and bus ticket.

8440 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819 - Brick House Tavern.

Collin really wasn't impressive last year and 2 of their other defenders have just joined the team in the last 2 weeks. I think Orlando is going to have defensive breakdowns we can exploit and we can get 2 goals on Sunday without any golazos

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Well I didn't think they were going to do it. Still not quite sure that they didn't pull some funny stuff to give away tickets, etc. but you know what? A good environment is good to the league, and it'll be nice to introduce 60,000 Orlando fans to a lifetime of watching NYCFC beat them.

Most likely, since it's the first game to be played. They should be show off the team spirit.

Most likely not, unfortunately.

As of Friday morning (27th) there were only 131 of the 200 sold in the away supporters section. The eventbrite reads sold out, however it may only read sold out because the sale ended on March 1st.

Good news is, more of a chance i'll be on TV ; )

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Good for OC, bad for us. I can already hear 60,000 fans jokingly chant LAM-PARD!

Will be a great first test for our boys. I'm too excited!
I could care less what they say this is great for us as fans it's going to be a great experience and awesome for the league as a whole. I can't wait to watch. I am so sick of these shitty youtube streams with crappy announcers taking shit breaks in the middle of the action. We will get 60k fans cheering and making noise and an ESPN broadcast... Yup sign me up it's going to be an great weekend.

Reactions: Goodfella and Jack
So as far as I can tell, Orlando's coach likes the 4231, and we saw what was likely close to their opening day lineup in the friendly.
MLS guesses the opening day lineup as this:
------------Ricketts-------------
Ramos--Collin--Hines---Shea
------Okugo---Higuita-------
Molino----Kaka----Rivas
-----------Rochez----------

The only part of this team that scares me vs. NYCFC is Kaka v our D-mid and CBs. If they can get the ball to Kaka, he can make magic all by himself, like we saw in the friendly. They also resorted to overly physical play in Charleston, and have wanna be bad boy Aurelien Collin at CB, whose game pretty much consists of fouling at this point. NYC looks to have advantages with DV against their CBs, and I'll take Williams against Shea all day. We didn't have mix in the first game, so I give us the advantage.

Last edited:
Come out the night before to Ryan's Daughter. It will be filled with members from here, various SC's and supporters in general.
Will be meeting at 5. Should be a blast. The day of most people will be at bars around the stadium.

And this is in NYC or Orlando...? I just want to clarify...