Away - 05/08 DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mix isn't getting called up if he isn't starting. We may not have to worry about being without him.​
Well he just made the 40-man roster announced today after not starting 3 straight games. The ways of coaches with JK initials are difficult to fathom. Your point has logic to it, yet may still be wrong.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
Enter Lampard stage left.....

Actually, enter Jack Harrison front and center. He'll be fit by then.
Could be. Though I'd be surprised if either get a start in their first game back nor play significant minutes on short rest. Remember that TFC and Portland are only a couple days apart with NJ just a few days after that.

Well he just made the 40-man roster announced today after not starting 3 straight games. The ways of coaches with JK initials are difficult to fathom. Your point has logic to it, yet may still be wrong.
The 40 means little since the 23 has to be finalized 4 days after camp opens. He makes the 23, then we have roster issues

Won't all 40 go to camp? Then they'll cut down to 23. Those 4 days means he'll miss 2 games.

Reactions: Kjbert
Won't all 40 go to camp? Then they'll cut down to 23. Those 4 days means he'll miss 2 games.
If they report on the 16th then he'll play our game on the 15th. If he doesn't make the 23, at most he misses Toronto.

It's a good point. But fanaka66 fanaka66 also brings up an important issue. Worst case scenario is Mikey "what's a guy gotta do to get a red card" Lopez gets yellow and therefore suspension and Mix gets call up. Then we have a significant whole for at least 1 game. Especially if Bravo also sees yellow and gets suspended. Put Mix in and keep Lopez off the field for a game and you know you at least have Mikey for the next one.
We have McNamara and poku, who can both play the spot at least as well as lopez

Reactions: Gotham Gator
If they report on the 16th then he'll play our game on the 15th. If he doesn't make the 23, at most he misses Toronto.

No way he plays in Portland on Sunday night and then reports to camp in Miami on Monday.

Reactions: Kjbert
No way he plays in Portland on Sunday night and then reports to camp in Miami on Monday.
Happens all the time with the MNT. Guys arrive a day late after playing a club game. In this case, he'd be arriving on time.

Enter Lampard stage left.....

Actually, enter Jack Harrison front and center. He'll be fit by then.

I don't know about you guys but I am super excited to see Jack on the pitch. I think he can be a real difference maker for us moving forward. I know it is a lot to say and to ask for a rookie but we need him to contribute.

You expect to have Harrison and Lampard back, plus you have Ballouchy

We have McNamara and poku, who can both play the spot at least as well as lopez
You expect to have Harrison and Lampard back, plus you have Ballouchy
Agree somewhat with all of this, with a caveat. PV is trying to get the club to play a system. With Pirlo in our mid that system needs a CDM (Bravo) and a high energy box to box mid (Lopez) or slightly less energized but more skilled mid (Mix). We have looked good with TMac on the LW. So any of these alternative disrupt what is finally working.

Harrison and Lampard I doubt are ready to put in full shifts. Poku's defensive liabilities have been noted. And Ballouchy is a notch down from Mix in both skill and energy.

It's just a lousy time to disrupt when we've finally gotten a win and are feeling optimistic.

Is there a Forums watch party planned for this? Much as I'd like to return to the decrepit RFK and risk a beam falling on my head, Mother's Day probably keeps me in NY next Sunday.

Reactions: S1ARK5
Is there a Forums watch party planned for this? Much as I'd like to return to the decrepit RFK and risk a beam falling on my head, Mother's Day probably keeps me in NY next Sunday.
I've been considering making the trip out there but the Sunday night kickoff paired with what happened last game in Philly is strongly making me reconsider. Anyone else making the trip?

I'm sure supporters will be at Ryan's Daughter, although it may not be an official "watch party" with free food as usual.

I feel like, right now, this is the best we can do and is actually a decent lineup. Basically beat Montreal, and followed it up with the big win vs. Vancouver (though they're not very good). The team looks pretty good the last two games (am I supposed to be more cynical?).

- Shelton is slowly starting to grow on me, so I kinda like those front 3
- Liking Pirlo further up the field the past couple games, and he's actually been hustling
- Mix is preferable to Lopez for sure, in my opinion
- LOVING Bravo as the defensive mid. Solid.
- Hernandez seems like a weak link in the back four (thoughts?), and Iraola is iffy (but better than White)
- I'm giving up on the idea of Saunders being replaced. Maybe, sadly, he's the best we've got?

Ideal Lineup.JPG

Subs: Mendoza, Lopez, Taylor, Poku, White, Martinez, Johansen

But NYCFC only plays 3 games in all of June.
June 2 RSL
June 18 PHI
June 25 Seattle

The consensus likelihood that the US reaches the finals is <2% and probably closer to 0% than 2%. So at most we lose Mix for the 2 games against RSL and Philly.* Maybe, maybe 3 if he has to skip the last game in May on the 29th against Orlando. But that seems a stretch because the first US game is the next Friday on June 3. He has already sat the bulk of 3 games, and you're positing that this was done, and that he might sit most of 1-2 more games, so we won't lose him for a likely 2 games in June? I don't see how this strategy makes any sense.

* I'm not counting the 1-2 games he misses due to the 40-man camp as you discuss here because that's a given at this point.

ETA: This discussion straddles this thread and the Mix thread, but the Mix thread is mostly about Mikey Lopez yellow card accumulation at this point so I put it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.