Away 05/10 - Red Bulls

Decided to take a look at the attendance stats between the two clubs leading up to this weekend.

Red Bulls
Season average - 17,511
High - 21,036
Low - 12,540 (weekday game)

NYCFC
Season average - 27,739
High - 43,507
Low - 20,461 (weekday game)

It's a pretty big deal that their highest attended game had just 575 seats sold than our lowest attended game. Especially since that was their home opener and ours was a weekday night.

Both the Jets and Giants started in NY. They played here. The have long history here. They just happen to have had tohe best stadium opportunity in NJ. They are absolutely NY teams. Nothing like the Red Bulls.

Plus in 2012 after the Giants won the Super Bowl, i saw Tom Coughlin in an interview (i wanna say it was post Super Bowl or after the NFC championship game that "let there be no question about it, we are the NEW YORK Giants"!! Something to that effect

But NYC will always be NY and Red Bulls will always be NJ (since as far as i remember they always played in NJ)

The same ones done ad nauseam by every team in England instead of preparing stuff for this particular game.

Do we have any chants setup for this weekend?
The plan is Hey baby, repeat 12 times, yell homophobic chants at the 10th minute, Hey baby again 12 times, Ole ole ole six times, back to hey baby 12 times, combine the words fuck, new jersey and red bulls for five miutes and fincish up with hey baby until the end of the game.

After the first loss last week, NYRB will be determined to win this one.

Not sure there is any secret formula here.

The plan is Hey baby, repeat 12 times, yell homophobic chants at the 10th minute, Hey baby again 12 times, Ole ole ole six times, back to hey baby 12 times, combine the words fuck, new jersey and red bulls for five miutes and fincish up with hey baby until the end of the game.

This made me cry a tear of laughter, then a tear of sadness

Sooooo true! Lolololol. That's the only song I keep hearing at games. So boring and not original at all.

Any of my Albany peeps going down on Amtrak? If so I'll be on the 12pm train.

So is there a meetup for a march before the stadium or from anywhere?

I would love to be at this game. Unfortunately, I have a final exam the next day at 8 AM, so I'll have to wait for round 2 of the derby. I'll be wearing NYC blue and my scarf all day though while I'm in the library. Thank god for the Fox Sports One app though.

Also, a chant idea for all of you attending...
I. I believe. I believe that we. I believe that we're not in New York! I believe that we're not in New York!

Do we have any chants setup for this weekend?

Nope. Some people are trying to organize it but it's a VERY small group from what I can tell and will surely be ineffective.

Here's a free gem for you: Setup a Google Hangout. Promote it on the FB page, twitter, this supporter group and that one and have as many people as are interested meet up from wherever they are. No "I can't make it to Timbuktu." excuses. Everyone can see and hear the chants and take a collective vote in real time on what works and what doesn't. Then, hopefully, instead of having 20 people on one page and everyone else winging it, we have 200 people on the same page and that's a more effective number.

Reactions: jguab2