Away 05/23 - Rsl

We'll be playing in the US Open Cup soon and we'll be playing against a team that isn't even in the MLS so there's hope for us wining a game eventually.

Reactions: Drainyoo
My eyes are going to fucking explode out of my head. Nemec has potential, people bragging that ballouchy is the leading scorer. I'm calling we don't win more than a hand full of games this season if things/people don't change. I'm new to MLS not to football, we got some serious issues on all levels.
I would hardly call stating a fact bragging. No one's going, "oh lookee we have Mehdi Ballouchy!!! He has all of three goals this season!!!" It's just not very convincing to say let's sub off our (statistical) leading goal-scorer for a guy with effort but no real skill who leads the team in yellows per minute. I don't think anyone sees Ballouchy as a deserving starter if we're going to make the playoffs, or come somewhat close to it. And if you're an international football guy who's new to the MLS I'm guessing you probably see potential in Nemec because he plays for the Slovak team and does decently well. Not a bad argument and I personally like him but if you watched him when he was getting minutes a the beginning of the season he was a turnover machine and easily the team's most talented chance-waster.

So frustrating to see bright spots like that villa pass to mix and a shot just grazing the crossbar followed by hugely stupid mistakes.

As far as ballouchy goes, the guy isn't that great, just got lucky a couple times in previous games.

I still don't want kreis out but seriously wtf goes through his mind when choosing subs. I didn't think any of those were a good idea tonight.

The back 4 also totally sucks so not really much kreis can do there. What was facey even doing, seemed totally clueless a few times.

maybe Reyna needs to be replaced if nothing improves, he's the one that makes signing decisions isn't he?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Facey was in no man's land just about the entire night. I'm not sure why he was tucking in so far allowing space for RSL to get crosses in from the wing. And then going forward there were at least 2-3 times where he didn't continue his run and wasted good passes from Mix and Ballouchy. A complete waste. I don't want to see him start again. And that doesn't mean I'd like to see RJ Allen either.

Last edited:
Weve seen some of the people of the bench before and they looked fine or better then what we have been starting. Alvarez and Poku have shown to be higher quality then what we usually field. Nemec I feel has potential and a place if we play it right. (formation position etc.)

Why on earth did we start making crosses and going for headers when we took Nemec off? Thats the exact purpose we needed him for.
One thing I see so often is people taking the occasional substitute appearance of a player and anoint them as superstars. It's as if you have seen them play 90' on a regular basis AND you have exclusive access to training. Sure, this guy looked great in his 15' appearance at the end of a game against a tired team bunkering down, the coach should be fired for not starting him. :cool:
When I see people say things like this, I immediately realize that they have near zero technical knowledge of the game and can basically write off all future comments by them as worthless.

Reactions: PB3
We'll be playing in the US Open Cup soon and we'll be playing against a team that isn't even in the MLS so there's hope for us wining a game eventually.

i wouldnt bet on that at all.

If we play the Cosmos and lose then it would be the ultimate insult

So frustrating to see bright spots like that villa pass to mix and a shot just grazing the crossbar followed by hugely stupid mistakes.

As far as ballouchy goes, the guy isn't that great, just got lucky a couple times in previous games.

I still don't want kreis out but seriously wtf goes through his mind when choosing subs. I didn't think any of those were a good idea tonight.

The back 4 also totally sucks so not really much kreis can do there. What was facey even doing, seemed totally clueless a few times.

maybe Reyna needs to be replaced if nothing improves, he's the one that makes signing decisions isn't he?
Kreis and Reyna built the team hand in hand

One thing I see so often is people taking the occasional substitute appearance of a player and anoint them as superstars. It's as if you have seen them play 90' on a regular basis AND you have exclusive access to training. Sure, this guy looked great in his 15' appearance at the end of a game against a tired team bunkering down, the coach should be fired for not starting him. :cool:
When I see people say things like this, I immediately realize that they have near zero technical knowledge of the game and can basically write off all future comments by them as worthless.
One thing I see is people make this argument that others shouldn't have an opinion if they aren't there for training. You think watching training makes even a coach infallible?

I think the consensus here is that results can't get worse, so let's suck while grooming people with some modicum of underlying talent instead of sucking with old fucks who will be retiring back out to Sandy nuts, Utah in a matter of months.

I think you mean "we suck, in practically every Facey".
He was shockingly bad last night. If he keeps that level up, I'll have to rejigger my ranking of Brosky as the worst fullback in MLS (although he did his part to keep the title).

I tend to side with optimism. So, here it goes. I thought Brovsky had a great game. Only really got beat once on a nice move in the second half, made some great crosses and some great runs. He may usually be an average player, but being able to play him at either side of the back line relatively comfortably is a big plus.

Villa is fit. He made some first/second touches that you only see at the highest levels of competition, and was giving two defenders fits all night. It's really on Kreis to get him more into the game, as he can't play 2-on-1 up top for 90 minutes, and I'd really like to see him behind two forwards in an attacking triangle. But he looks like the Villa we've expected. I knew I had seen that move and shot he almost buried into the far upper 90 before... (1:08 mark)

Saunders is still playing well. Of all the goals he's given up, nearly all of them have been from within 6-8 yards without a defender between, or some kind of 1v1 with horrendously blown defense. I agreed with Joy last night that I'd like to see him get the ball out more quickly, and eventually he did. I don't think he was out of position much at all last night.

For as limited a player he really is, Jacobson had a nice game, too, defensively, as did Mix. We all don't want Mix playing so deep, but at least we're seeing that he can defend well. He's kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place in having to help the back line and needing to push the ball. And how about that turn and shot he nearly put in? ~6 inches from being goal of the year.

Lastly, I was glad to see Brandt in. I think Kreis saw a chance to give him some playing time, because he might find himself in the starting lineup soon, if some of our backs keep making stupid mistakes. He played it safe, knocking a lot of balls out of bounds, but I'd rather he do that than give up possession in our own half.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul and FootyLovin
Your the man.
12Szw7R.jpg

Did we even look competitive during this game? I wasn't able to watch so I have no idea

For everyone who is saying that Orlando City is at such an advantage because they have 3 DP's:

There's Kaka of course
Carlos Rivas is a SUB who comes on and shoots the ball 30 feet over the net
Bryan Rochez doesn't even play

So for all the people saying "well, they have 3 DP's", they barely have 2 DP's that actually play

Reactions: Z4CH3B99