Away - 07/24 RBNJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://bit.ly/2aaerPd

Link above with the full comments by Marsch.

Calling out Lampard and Pirlo for excessive fouling? Does he understand the words that are coming out of his mouth?

Maybe someone can send him the video of Sam trying to rip up Pirlo's knee, or cut together Collin draping himself all over Villa all the time during the last game.

He's just throwing something at the wall. Should take a good look in the mirror at his own team.

Lol #sawft

Man does he bitch after every game even when he wins?

Reactions: Gene and Goodfella
I remember my idea quite well: BWP Agent 00-7. Having him in a tuxedo with a gun (well I don't know if the front office would allow a gun in a tifo, PG MLS...). Because it's two days to the derby (Friday & Saturday). I think it's fair to post this idea.

If I were a neutral, it would be a great tifo. But since we won the last game it doesn't have as much relevance but a Red Bull supporter will bring up 7-0, 7-0 every chance they get.

Though Red Bulls fans would fuck up the idea, as they do everything else in life, and put McCarty (an American) or Kljestan (obvious Bond villain) in the tifo instead.
Nice. I would have loved that. Though I wouldn't critique MLS nor complain about PC for limiting the gun. It's unnecessary and these days a very touchy subject.

In a way I wish you had left that post up. It would have been hysterical to see them grab their tifo idea off our forum.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
image.png

Given the heat this weekend, there is bound to be commentary about our "old players". So, I ran some numbers on each team's outfield players based on the likely lineups (taking the RBNJ lineup against Philly).
  • We have 4 players who are 34 or older, while the Red Bulls oldest player is BWP, who is 31.
  • New Jersey has 6 players 29 or older, and NY has only 5 (6 if Hernandez starts for Matarrita).
  • The average age is 28.1 for NJ and 29.4 for NY (30.4 if Hernandez starts).

Reactions: Goodfella
View attachment 5367

Given the heat this weekend, there is bound to be commentary about our "old players". So, I ran some numbers on each team's outfield players based on the likely lineups (taking the RBNJ lineup against Philly).
  • We have 4 players who are 34 or older, while the Red Bulls oldest player is BWP, who is 31.
  • New Jersey has 6 players 29 or older, and NY has only 5 (6 if Hernandez starts for Matarrita).
  • The average age is 28.1 for NJ and 29.4 for NY (30.4 if Hernandez starts).
Just for curiosity, who is our one player who is 29+ but younger than 34?

I remember my idea quite well: BWP Agent 00-7. Having him in a tuxedo with a gun (well I don't know if the front office would allow a gun in a tifo, PG MLS...). Because it's two days to the derby (Friday & Saturday). I think it's fair to post this idea.

If I were a neutral, it would be a great tifo. But since we won the last game it doesn't have as much relevance but a Red Bull supporter will bring up 7-0, 7-0 every chance they get.

Though Red Bulls fans would fuck up the idea, as they do everything else in life, and put McCarty (an American) or Kljestan (obvious Bond villain) in the tifo instead.
I think that would be a well done one. The reference to 7-0 is a bit more subtle and clever and doesn't come across as the main point from the tifo.

Not sure if it's allowed for me to ask on here, but I'm looking to purchase 2 tickets for me and my friend if anyone has extras. PM me. Thanks in advance!

Ch
Not sure if it's allowed for me to ask on here, but I'm looking to purchase 2 tickets for me and my friend if anyone has extras. PM me. Thanks in advance!
check the tickets thread under match day. I think a few were just posted.

I think the world needs a helluva a lot more pushback against arising norms that limit free expression.
And yet, as evidenced by the existence of this forum for example, there has never before been an era where there was more limitless free expression. Almost everyone in this country and most people on the planet have access to virtually unlimited publishing platforms.

At the same time, there has never been (nor should there be) freedom to shout fire in a crowded theater. At a time when gun bravado is wreaking havoc both from and toward police officers, presenting a locked and loaded tifo to me seems unnecessary.

Please feel free to respond. Out of respect for this being off topic, I'll leave this as my last comment.

Reactions: Ulrich
Status
Not open for further replies.