Away - 07/30 Toronto

I think TMac plays marginally better D than Pirlo in that he hustles his ass off to make a play he's not fast enough to make

Going by last season, because i dont think either of them have enough games this season for it to be relevant, Pirlo averaged 2.2 tackles per game whereas TMac only averaged 1.3.

This season Pirlos average is 1 per game whereas TMac is slightly better at 1.1.

Offensively Pirlo is also the much better choice, he actually knows how to hold onto a ball and complete passes.

He looks like Altidore but is garbage.
bttng.gif

There was one play in particular, Villa (i think) passed it to him and the pass was behind him. He just stopped running instead of turning and trying to get the bad pass. I was like wtf, you came on 2 minutes ago
That's funny and sad. As Dnigly13 can attest, within a couple of minutes of him coming on, I was shouting at him by name "Ugo, you just came on. Run!!!"

Reactions: Kjbert and sbrylski
Why play not Sands?
He's injured for the next 4-5 weeks

BTW, I saw the injury reported as an apophyseal sprain at the ASIS. The ASIS is where the Quadriceps muscle attaches to the pelvis, but an apophyseal sprain is an injury to the GROWTH PLATE. That's how young he is. His growth plates haven't closed yet.

I thought that was funny, you don't hear about growth plate injuries too much in pro sports.

Just make sure you abbreviate and acronym these nicknames as much as possible to obfuscate what the fuck you're talking about at all times.
Well, Ucubed was easy. Then, I had to change his name to "The Player Formerly Known as Ucubed" when he started missing sitters, and that's just too much to type out, especially when my auto-correct has already learned "TPFKAU".

Well, Ucubed was easy. Then, I had to change his name to "The Player Formerly Known as Ucubed" when he started missing sitters, and that's just too much to type out, especially when my auto-correct has already learned "TPFKAU".

Just a suggestion, but TMac is only 4 characters. If it doesn't covey your hatred, "sux" is just another three.

Sure beats spending hundreds of extra characters explaining your nicknames, lol.

Toronto FC v New York City
BMO Field (2:00PM ET)
REF: CHRIS PENSO
AR1: Jeff Muschik
AR2: Andrew Bigelow
4TH: Geoff Gamble

Chris Penso previously refereed out 3-2 win at Columbus (Yellows: 3 NYCFC, 1 Columbus). He also refereed out 2-2 draw vs. New England (Yellows: 2 NYCFC, 2 New England).

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
If you play Pirlo, you have to play him further up the field. I think he's a better fit being paired with Ring than being paired with Herrera. Ring will provide cover for him. Probably means you see Ethan White as well since he has better defensive tendencies and positioning than Allen. That allows Ring to play more centrally and not have to shade over to the right.

Probably means you see Ethan White as well since he has better defensive tendencies and positioning than Allen. That allows Ring to play more centrally and not have to shade over to the right.

I think anybody would have better defensive tendencies and positioning than Allen. He is to me the weakest link in the team, and shouldn't be played unless the team can't field 11 players without him. And even then he shouldn't be played as a defender.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Was listening to the Soccer in the City podcast released yesterday and this got me thinking more about our lineup, and more specifically, our backline for this one. With Chanot out and Sweat likely out, and Sands out, I'm guessing that RJ will play the left and Mikey the right fullbacks. Our CB depth is going to be razor thin for this one, so I think keeping Ethan on the bench gives PV some sub flexibility in case something happens, instead of re-shuffling the back line mid-match.

Here is what I would trot out:

Lewis - Villa - Harrison
Pirlo - Maxi
Ring
RJ - Callens - Brillant - Mikey
Johnson

Bench: Johansen, Okoli, TMac, White, Awuah, Stertzer, and I guess Rawls as nobody else is healthy or are suspended

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
Was listening to the Soccer in the City podcast released yesterday and this got me thinking more about our lineup, and more specifically, our backline for this one. With Chanot out and Sweat likely out, and Sands out, I'm guessing that RJ will play the left and Mikey the right fullbacks. Our CB depth is going to be razor thin for this one, so I think keeping Ethan on the bench gives PV some sub flexibility in case something happens, instead of re-shuffling the back line mid-match.

Lewis - Villa - Harrison
Pirlo - Maxi
Ring
Johnson

Bench: Johansen, Okoli, TMac, White, Awuah, Stertzer, and I guess Rawls as nobody else is healthy or are suspended
And to add to this, if Sweat is ok to go, then my back line would be the same unit as against Chicago.

Just a suggestion, but TMac is only 4 characters. If it doesn't covey your hatred, "sux" is just another three.

Sure beats spending hundreds of extra characters explaining your nicknames, lol.
timewise, yes. Entertainment-wise, not so much. ;)

Lewis - Villa - Harrison
Pirlo - Maxi
Ring
Johnson

RJ on the left though? if were gonna have a makeshift defender should we just makeshift him into the empty spot?

Lewis - Villa - Harrison
Pirlo - Maxi
Ring
Johnson

There was a tweet today/yesterday that Sweat passed his physical test. Unless he regresses, should be good to go.