Away - 07/30 Toronto

RJ on the left though? if were gonna have a makeshift defender should we just makeshift him into the empty spot?
I get that, makes sense. But RJ does have a decent amount of playing on as LB over the last 2 seasons. The reason I put him over there is because PV seems to like a more attack-minded fullback on the left, and Mikey is definitely not going to be that.

I guess he could "flip" the attacking side from a fullback standpoint over to the right side.

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
might as well just play with 2 defenders- brillant and chanot. the outside backs we have to choose from are useless.

Seems like Sweat should be good to go, so should be him on the left and Norris on the right. If he can't go, then RJ left. I want Norris at FB regardless. He's done well there and can slide to the middle if Freddie or Callens get hurt.

why norris? i keep seeing this but i dont get it.

Norris White: Professional Photographer.
Ethan White: Professional Athlete.

Is this an actual thing that he goes by a different name for his photography or did I miss this as something you and/or the forum is wishing for?

So do they just have Bradley play? Isn't Cheyrou his replacement?
Would be nice if the Gold Cup Final goes 120 minutes tonight. Tire Bradley's legs out with a long flight following.

So, how badly does this game go? Toronto hasn't lost at home all season, and they are likely close to full strength. We are now the walking wounded, plus Herrera is suspended. Gonna be tough to get a result here.

Also, Maxi and Ring are both one yellow away from suspension, so hopefully they don't both get one on Sunday, otherwise the Derby will also be a struggle

So, how badly does this game go? Toronto hasn't lost at home all season, and they are likely close to full strength. We are now the walking wounded, plus Herrera is suspended. Gonna be tough to get a result here.

Also, Maxi and Ring are both one yellow away from suspension, so hopefully they don't both get one on Sunday, otherwise the Derby will also be a struggle

Altidore and Bradley won't start and if they do, then good. Those will be some very tired legs.

From memory, our troubles with Toronto stem from the fact that they overload midfield and we like to play from the back. On restarts this means that we can't get it through midfield, make a lot of errors and concede a lot of easy goals.

Last game, we tried to combat this by pushing Sweat and RJ into the center in the middle phase of the game. By numbers, this isn't too bad, basically 5v5. But Sweat and Allen lack the ability (or practice) in that part of the pitch.

Instead, I'd like to see us do what we did against RB and the Fire. Stay compact in the center and counter. Very different circumstances with similar characteristics where we can't get through midfield. Also they're at home, so even though a draw semi-suits them, they will probably feel somewhat obligated to go for the 3 points.

From memory, our troubles with Toronto stem from the fact that they overload midfield and we like to play from the back. On restarts this means that we can't get it through midfield, make a lot of errors and concede a lot of easy goals.

Last game, we tried to combat this by pushing Sweat and RJ into the center in the middle phase of the game. By numbers, this isn't too bad, basically 5v5. But Sweat and Allen lack the ability (or practice) in that part of the pitch.

Instead, I'd like to see us do what we did against RB and the Fire. Stay compact in the center and counter. Very different circumstances with similar characteristics where we can't get through midfield. Also they're at home, so even though a draw semi-suits them, they will probably feel somewhat obligated to go for the 3 points.

That might be the right approach on the road and down a bunch of players.

Reactions: Christopher Jee