Ccc Nycfc V Orlando Discussion

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Feel free to discuss all 3 matches that NYCFC will be partaking in here.
All matches will be streamed in HD.
Schedule
Saturday, Feb. 21

New York FC vs. Orlando City S.C., 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Feb. 25

Houston Dynamo vs. New York FC, 5 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 28

Charleston Battery vs. New York FC, 7:30 p.m.

Last edited:
Would love to have traveled to these games but I can't keep blowing money on soccer. lol These will be interesting games. Hoping we take all 3. That would be SWEET!

Reactions: einwindir
I hope Reyna, Kreis, all the trialists and some guys on the street start on Saturday
I think we'll see a clearer picture of the starting lineup in this tournament. Winning it all might not be the main objective but you certainly won't see 11 subs.
Shortly After this tournament we're playing our first game of the MLS season. Clock is ticking.

-----------------Taylor--------Villa-----------------
---------------------Diskerud------------------------
------------Grabavoy------Velasquez---------------
------------------------Poku--------------------------
---Calle----Mendoza---Hernandez---Williams---

Thats the line-up I would like to see.

-----------------Taylor--------Villa-----------------
---------------------Diskerud------------------------
------------Grabavoy------Velasquez---------------
------------------------Poku--------------------------
---Calle----Mendoza---Hernandez---Williams---

Thats the line-up I would like to see.
I'm curious to see if TT and DV can coexist, bc that would be a tough duo to stop. They both might need more ball than there is to go around though.

I'm curious to see if TT and DV can coexist, bc that would be a tough duo to stop. They both might need more ball than there is to go around though.

Tom from the 2 games I saw, that is the front two that should be played. For me both of them are different enough to make a very good partnership. Villa has a great first touch and fantastic ability to play the ball through for Taylor who can use his pace to good effect. Also Taylor looks like the sort of guy who can take his chances.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I think the questions we need answered this weekend/next week are:

Starting GK--Is Saunders the starter?
CB duo--Back line needs these three games together
Mix's best position on the team
Villa's partner

I think we'll see a clearer picture of the starting lineup in this tournament. Winning it all might not be the main objective but you certainly won't see 11 subs.

Can't agree with that. I think you'll see 11 or 12 subs every game. I know I'd use them all if I were manager.

I couldn't find the rules with regard to # of sbs allowed in the tournament, but I did see that charleston has Frank lampard on the front page advertising the CCC

I couldn't find the rules with regard to # of sbs allowed in the tournament, but I did see that charleston has Frank lampard on the front page advertising the CCC

I'm pretty sure that under FIFA rules you get 12 subs for a friendly unless it's specifically mandated to be fewer than that (i.e. both teams agree to change the rules for one match, or the competition organiser wants it to be different). I checked a match report from the 2014 CCC and both teams were definitely using their entire bench in those games.

I think the questions we need answered this weekend/next week are:

Starting GK--Is Saunders the starter?
CB duo--Back line needs these three games together
Mix's best position on the team
Villa's partner
Mix is the best 10 we've got. He's at his best when he is being creative in attack. And I love the idea of him playing in front of Poku.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Who do you put in the rest of the midfield?
I agree with having Grab and Vela out there. And TT with DV up top. I still need to pay more attention and see more action in the back to make any calls there. Maybe it's my inattention but I don't see anyone on defense distinguishing themselves the way the mids and forwards have.