Cfg Commitment To Nycfc

City aren't a top 5 team though, United, Bayern, Real, Barca and Chelsea are undoubtably bigger.
The most successful team in the UK for the past 5 years.and the worlds no 4 football brand.
How they are above barca I don't know but I didn't compile the report
I think they are about 9th in revenue in world football

Aren't CFG pretty much sponsoring themselves through their stadium to get around FFP? That would probably be why Man City's revenue seems so high. There is no way they make more money than Barcelona on their own.

No in this weeks report city are seen as fourth biggest brand revenue wise barca are above city

I thought you meant overall revenue.

Aren't CFG pretty much sponsoring themselves through their stadium to get around FFP? That would probably be why Man City's revenue seems so high. There is no way they make more money than Barcelona on their own.

They don't make more money than Barca, last year Barca's revenue was €484m and City's was €414m. You're right though & PSG also exploit this, UEFA actually step in and halved PSG's deal but at one point Qatar Tourism Authority was sponsoring PSG to the tune of €200m a year.

City aren't a top 5 team though, United, Bayern, Real, Barca and Chelsea are undoubtably bigger.
Fair enough, you can interchange Chelsea and Man City as you like, my point being, they certainly are one of the top clubs in the world. Whether that is top 5 or top 6 can be debated.

Listen this is where we as fans like to think we know it all. Not saying that is you, please don't misunderstand me. You could very well be right, Man City, PSG, and I can assure you some other big clubs, whether we know it or not, maybe sometimes try to circumvent the rules to help them either on the pitch or with buying players etc...whether that is fair play or through backdoor deals, God only knows. My point is that in every line of business companies always look for an edge and to somehow play the system legally, to give themselves a variety of benefits. Me as a fan of NYCFC, why do I care if one of CFGs goals to acquire all these teams is to try and get around fair play? As long as NYCFC is winning (which we haven't yet I know), and as long as they continue to bring in top players, relative to MLS, thats all I care about, and give NYC soccer fans a top CONCACAF team, what more can we as fans want?????

Fair enough, you can interchange Chelsea and Man City as you like, my point being, they certainly are one of the top clubs in the world. Whether that is top 5 or top 6 can be debated.
A top 5 or 6 team that has never won a knockout UCL game?

dude we get it you don't like mcfc and follow a different club. They're quoting a ranking system. Just drop it. Hell he even agreed with you they might not be top 4 as it suggests Jesus Christ.
I just get sick of City fans coming in and thinking the team is the best and we should be so thankful for them. If an Arsenal fan came, or a Chelsea fan came, and said the same thing I would disagree because this is a NYCFC fan supporters site. Atleast I thought it was. If any one takes a dig at Chelsea I could care less on here; this isn't a Chelsea website, neither is it a City website.

I just get sick of City fans coming in and thinking the team is the best and we should be so thankful for them. If an Arsenal fan came, or a Chelsea fan came, and said the same thing I would disagree because this is a NYCFC fan supporters site. Atleast I thought it was. If any one takes a dig at Chelsea I could care less on here; this isn't a Chelsea website, neither is it a City website.

Dude it's a post about CFG and there was literally nothing but constructive talk until you replied with 'what lol'
Agree or disagree, whatever but talk about it in a civil manner otherwise you're no less of a troll than the next guy.
CFG post = expect mcfc to be in the discussion.
I'd say 40% or more of those here are mcfc fans as well. No one said Chelsea sucks, you just felt disrespected (I guess) that they weren't included in a list by a random member who a few posts ago said he didn't even follow mcfc. They included mufc in it so I assure you it wasn't a dig at Chelsea by 'one of those city fans'

Reactions: AndreT_NY
A top 5 or 6 team that has never won a knockout UCL game?
Sure if that is all you are basing your ranking of top 5 teams in the world. Im basing my ranking on the total package Such as domestic success, type of players they have, infrastructure, brand, quality of league, revenue, everything about the club. If man city is not one of the top clubs in world right now even with their lack of ucl success then you are fooling yourself. What other team would you consider in their place? Psg, juve, liverpool hahha, athletico madrid? Whoooooo? Fact is man city is one of the premier clubs in the world whether you think so or not, or like it or not.

Im not a city fan at all, well at least i wasnt, but I think I will be rooting for them moving forward. I used to follow arsenal somewhat but never really cared much about epl or other leagues besides mls. Even now, I will watch an mls game over epl game any day of the week.

And to your point since you are a chelsea fan, your right chelsea too to me is one of the top teams in the world as well. To me they are interchangeable between man city and chelsea, whether you think chelsea is above man city, its up to you, my point being was that cfg lived up to their promise making man city one of the top clubs in the world.

I thought you meant overall revenue.

They don't make more money than Barca, last year Barca's revenue was €484m and City's was €414m. You're right though & PSG also exploit this, UEFA actually step in and halved PSG's deal but at one point Qatar Tourism Authority was sponsoring PSG to the tune of €200m a year.
No you are completely wrong about cfg sponsoring themselves .the etihad deal has been looked at time and time again by uefa and deemed a non related party transaction. Uefa have made no sanctions against city for this ,what they failed city on was loss that occurred when they changed the accounting rules .
City ate now free of any restrictions PSG are not .
If you follow football you will know city/cfg have announced this week they plan massive investment in player transfers this summet

Reactions: TommyM
If you follow football you will know city/cfg have announced this week they plan massive investment in player transfers this summet
And this seems like it is back to the point of this thread. Now let's see those Schrute bucks flow. And let's see Ian Joy eat his words. I for one think CFG are more than holding up their end of the bargain so far.

We wouldn't even have this thread if we had a few more wins. (Or if our big summer signing had already been announced by now.)

And this seems like it is back to the point of this thread. Now let's see those Schrute bucks flow. And let's see Ian Joy eat his words. I for one think CFG are more than holding up their end of the bargain so far.

We wouldn't even have this thread if we had a few more wins. (Or if our big summer signing had already been announced by now.)
Well the thread is more to do with the video. I think they're pleased with the club from a supporters standpoint. Obviously not with the performance. He said they want success and trophies and they want it in every continent.
Will we see that this year? Probably not.
But next season I expect to see a much different looking squad.
As far as Ian is concerned I for one hope he is right. If we can get a younger forward with pace I'd take that over pirlo in a heart beat.

I made this point a while back, but ADUG/CFG have been incredible at City and besides the Lampard incident, I don't think there's any reason to believe they're going to treat us any differently. When they came in the club was looking at financial meltdown and hadn't won in decades. They invested a huge sum in personnel and infrastructure and developed City into one of the biggest clubs in Europe, besides investing in Manchester itself, bringing in jobs and redeveloping a blighted area. All equity, no backdoor loans, no LBO, and professionalism at every level of the club. As far as I'm concerned they're the best ownership group in the world. You can hold them accountable for mistakes like Lampard and still feel that we're fortunate to be owned by a group with a record like that.

I made this point a while back, but ADUG/CFG have been incredible at City and besides the Lampard incident, I don't think there's any reason to believe they're going to treat us any differently. When they came in the club was looking at financial meltdown and hadn't won in decades. They invested a huge sum in personnel and infrastructure and developed City into one of the biggest clubs in Europe, besides investing in Manchester itself, bringing in jobs and redeveloping a blighted area. All equity, no backdoor loans, no LBO, and professionalism at every level of the club. As far as I'm concerned they're the best ownership group in the world. You can hold them accountable for mistakes like Lampard and still feel that we're fortunate to be owned by a group with a record like that.
Well put. It's not an "either or" scenario. Good owners make plenty of mistakes. Great owners make plenty of mistakes. The difference is that poor owners don't even try stuff.

CFG are of course totally committed to CFG, nothing odd with that.. Caesar´s Holdings are committed to their companies, like Caesar´s Palace in Las Vegas for instance.. But they are also committed to less well known enterprises they own. Like Golden Horseshoe, their Hotels and resorts etc etc
They use Caesar´s Palace for a lot of marketing though, like CFG use Man City.. Because everyone have heard about Caesar´s Palace

Reactions: FootyLovin