Cfg Commitment To Nycfc

This was posted on another thread by FootyLovin FootyLovin:

'Nuff said. Time to close this thread NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan !!!

Honestly, I just don't know what some of our fans expected. In a short period of time we have been really looked after by CFG, they clearly mean business with this new franchise they have invested in. Have the wins been there? Of course, not but we are starting to tough it out. CFG has wanted to be very active this summer, and they have proven it so far, and I am only talking about NYCFC. Man City I am sure will restock and be a force next EPL season. I think some fans expected a world class stadium from the get go and us winning every game to truly be happy. Has there been some downs? Of course there has, namely the Lampard situation, and the stadium situation up until now, and obviously the on the field struggles. Let's take a step back and realize CFG cares deeply about putting a winning team on the field in NYC, and let's stop bickering or worrying about the totally irrelevant hidden agendas that CFG may or may not have.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
Is CFG paying the electric bill and webmaster, coaches, training center etc, yes. But they haven't done anything special that isn't done by almost all MLS owners. Look at Orlando or even Sounders. That's committed ownership.

Iraola? Sure he sounds nice. I prefer Dempsey or Giovinco.

Reactions: Gazza_55 and whill4
Is CFG paying the electric bill and webmaster, coaches, training center etc, yes. But they haven't done anything special that isn't done by almost all MLS owners. Look at Orlando or even Sounders. That's committed ownership.

That's a bit harsh until we see how he and other transfers shake out this window. And next one. And next one ...

This is our first year. And we look like we will be fielding a starting XI with Villa Mix Lampard and Iraola. And of course the mystery DP3. In our FIRST YEAR.

Comparing to current players at established clubs just doesn't make sense. I, for one, am grateful to have owners who are bringing in the kind of talent it looks like we are getting. If they all suck I look forward to hearing your I told you so. But for now this seems like a great direction.

I'm sure we ALL do!!! Unfortunately, last time I checked they were not available....... So you are saying they are not committed because we can't get Dempsey or Gio???

Seattle founded 2007 = Dempsey signed 2013
Toronto founded 2007 = Giovinco signed 2015

Seems to me it took 6-8 years for these 2 ownership groups to become "committed" in your eyes..... I would bet a paycheck that it won't take CFG 6-8 years to sign an equivalent talent......

That's a bit harsh until we see how he and other transfers shake out this window. And next one. And next one ...

This is our first year. And we look like we will be fielding a starting XI with Villa Mix Lampard and Iraola. And of course the mystery DP3. In our FIRST YEAR.

Comparing to current players at established clubs just doesn't make sense. I, for one, am grateful to have owners who are bringing in the kind of talent it looks like we are getting. If they all suck I look forward to hearing your I told you so. But for now this seems like a great direction.
Its not harsh. Look at what Orlando, Seattle, Vancouver and Toronto, just to name a few, have poured into their teams to make them better and competitive. I am not saying CFG sucks as owners, far from it. But lets not get carried away that they bring something special or have brought something special. They have done the minimum required. Maybe time will change on this perspective.

Reactions: whill4 and Gene

I prefer David Villa, but each to their own.

In regards to Iraola, name a better non-DP from Sounders, Orlando or Toronto (or any MLS side for that matter).

Last edited:
And btw CFG haven't been perfect, but I can vouch for them from experience that they know what they are doing.
I think we've been waiting for the perfect players (like Pirlo or Xavi) rather than just throwing money at someone who isn't the same standard.

Reactions: S1ARK5 and PB3
Very cool. Indeed his words are ringing true. Man City is indeed one of the bigger clubs in the world. Are they as good as Barcelona or even real madrid, no. But then again who is at this current time? Without question Man City is a top 5 club.

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Man U
Bayern Munich
Man City

To me these 5 clubs are the cream of the crop over the last few years. Sure you may have a Juventus or a Borrussia Dortmund who can compete on any given year and play for the champions league final but they still aren't in the realm of a power team as these top 5 are.

I am trying to figure out what team you misspelled Man U. Not a top five team anymore.

There's this one guy that I saw on the video boards who was wearing a "City" shirt, clearly for Man City. He also had one of those court jester hats from Man City. I also saw him in the dugout meeting the players from Man City. My perception is that he's a fan of Man City's sister clubs rather than NYCFC outright. But anyone rooting for us is better than someone who is not.

There's this one guy that I saw on the video boards who was wearing a "City" shirt, clearly for Man City. He also had one of those court jester hats from Man City. I also saw him in the dugout meeting the players from Man City. My perception is that he's a fan of Man City's sister clubs rather than NYCFC outright. But anyone rooting for us is better than someone who is not.
That was me. Still is me. I wear that shirt because they don't sell NYCFC stuff in fat guy sizes. The hat? Well the colours are the same for both teams. As to meeting the MCFC players? Wouldn't you take the opportunity to meet those world class players? It was being filmed for a documentary. Am I am Man City fan? Absolutely. Am I an NYCFC fan? Damn straight. I bought my season tickets Day 1 of sale. I was committed to this team before the announcement when we were told about it by a friend of ours that works for CFG. I love my City so don't project your views of my being a fan of NYCFC as well as MCFC.

That was me. Still is me. I wear that shirt because they don't sell NYCFC stuff in fat guy sizes. The hat? Well the colours are the same for both teams. As to meeting the MCFC players? Wouldn't you take the opportunity to meet those world class players? It was being filmed for a documentary. Am I am Man City fan? Absolutely. Am I an NYCFC fan? Damn straight. I bought my season tickets Day 1 of sale. I was committed to this team before the announcement when we were told about it by a friend of ours that works for CFG. I love my City so don't project your views of my being a fan of NYCFC as well as MCFC.

Andre is a true NYCFC man and attends every home match. I know cuz I yell his name as he's going down to his seats in 234 and then I hide so he can't figure out who yelled his name

I prefer David Villa, but each to their own.

In regards to Iraola, name a better non-DP from Sounders, Orlando or Toronto (or any MLS side for that matter).
I'll let you know as soon as I see him play in MLS. But I'm sure he is a good signing. Just not a over the top signing that is because of the CFG connection. Isn't that the topic of this thread?

Reactions: Gazza_55
I'll let you know as soon as I see him play in MLS. But I'm sure he is a good signing. Just not a over the top signing that is because of the CFG connection. Isn't that the topic of this thread?

This.

W need to see him play in MLS first. There could be 50 guys better than him who are not DP's. Maybe 5 on Seattle alone.