Chicago (Home) - Postmatch

Nikolic was offside when the pass was played through to him before he laid it off to Sapong for his tap-in. It was quite clear on the YES broadcast when they replayed it immediately after the goal was waved off.
Would have been helpful for the YES replay to have been shown in the stadium. Kinda maybe.

Reactions: Kjbert and Jock
Does anyone think Schweinsteiger should have seen red for the foul on Maxi at the end? It was clear DOGSO, and there was no attempt to play the ball.

Antifa is like 95 percent commie scum but at least there is the redeemable 5 percent. Meanwhile all fascists are scum.

Nah. Ask any fascist(nazi) and all Jews should burn. Ask any antifa and all zionists are nazis. Where’s the side that wants to protect the only democratic (non-muslim/Arab) state in Middle East that is pro gay/trans, religious freedom, etc? I thought antifa would support that, but this whole world is insane.

Nah. Ask any fascist(nazi) and all Jews should burn. Ask any antifa and all zionists are nazis. Where’s the side that wants to protect the only democratic (non-muslim/Arab) state in Middle East that is pro gay/trans, religious freedom, etc? I thought antifa would support that, but this whole world is insane.
Probably not the place for this debate, but the ADL doesn’t equate antifa and fascists. Quoting from the ADL website:

“That said, it is important to reject attempts to claim equivalence between the antifa and the white supremacist groups they oppose. The antifa reject racism but use unacceptable tactics. White supremacists use even more extreme violence to spread their ideologies of hate, to intimidate ethnic minorities, and undermine democratic norms. Right-wing extremists have been one of the largest and most consistent sources of domestic terror incidents in the United States for many years; they have murdered hundreds of people in this country over the last ten years alone. To date, there have not been any known antifa-related murders.”

Back to our regular programming. And still happy to have won 2 straight!

Probably not the place for this debate, but the ADL doesn’t equate antifa and fascists. Quoting from the ADL website:

“That said, it is important to reject attempts to claim equivalence between the antifa and the white supremacist groups they oppose. The antifa reject racism but use unacceptable tactics. White supremacists use even more extreme violence to spread their ideologies of hate, to intimidate ethnic minorities, and undermine democratic norms. Right-wing extremists have been one of the largest and most consistent sources of domestic terror incidents in the United States for many years; they have murdered hundreds of people in this country over the last ten years alone. To date, there have not been any known antifa-related murders.”

Back to our regular programming. And still happy to have won 2 straight!

Not sure where you got your quote from. But here’s one from an Antifa web page equating Zionism and the far right hate groups who would normally call for killing all the Jews. It’s pretty insane. https://truthout.org/articles/why-antifascist-and-pro-bds-work-go-hand-in-hand/
Point being. Israel is only place in the Middle East or Northern Africa where LBGT can be free, religious freedom is practiced, and you can voice political dissent freely. Muslims, Arabs, Christians all serve in the IDF and Israeli parliament and Supreme Court.

I honestly have no clue why Antifa wouldn’t support the state of Israel, but it doesn’t. It aligns itself with terrorist funded organizations like BDS instead. And as a Zionistic Jew i don’t know which side to fear more.

But yes. 2 straight wins!! 5th place!! And if we win one more at home maybe go from last to 3rd place in the east in 1 week!! Woohoo. (Can you feel my excitement?)

They instituted double jeopardy. So a DOGSO foul in the box is a penalty + yellow rather than penalty + red.
I believe you can still get a red plus a penalty for violent conduct on a DOG SO in the box. I think hey just removed the automatic red for “professional/normal course of play" fouls. This is something I don't think many refs even realize or implement.

Last edited:
One of my biggest complaints about the way we were playing is that we were taking too many shots from outside the box instead of being more patient and trying to score from more dangerous places. Even the DC game 18 shots and 10 outside the box. Last night we only had 4 shots but all in the box -- it is possible that Dome is working on this problem and our biggest issue last night was good players who haven't played together much.

If you had told me at the start of the season that after 8 games we would be up 6 points on NJRB and Atlanta and I wouldn't be thrilled I never would have believed it.

One of my biggest complaints about the way we were playing is that we were taking too many shots from outside the box instead of being more patient and trying to score from more dangerous places. Even the DC game 18 shots and 10 outside the box. Last night we only had 4 shots but all in the box -- it is possible that Dome is working on this problem and our biggest issue last night was good players who haven't played together much.

If you had told me at the start of the season that after 8 games we would be up 6 points on NJRB and Atlanta and I wouldn't be thrilled I never would have believed it.
Part of the reason for no long range shots was probably the absence of Mitrita and Isi, who love to bomb from deep. I also note that one of our 4 shots was the PK, so we had only 3 shots from open play, and only one of those on target. Thank goodness Taty made that run. We're still not particularly active or successful in the final third. I took out the assist, but this shows every other successful pass and cross on the night. We might have been less dangerous than Chicago in the last 30-40 yards but for that assist (and Chicago was not very dangerous).
NYCvCHI.png

The point about the upside-down standings tho.

ETA: One of our "open play" shots was from a set piece, so..

Last edited:
Part of the reason for no long range shots was probably the absence of Mitrita and Isi, who love to bomb from deep. I also note that one of our 4 shots was the PK, so we had only 3 shots from open play, and only one of those on target. Thank goodness Taty made that run. We're still not particularly active or successful in the final third. I took out the assist, but this shows every other successful pass and cross on the night. We might have been less dangerous than Chicago in the last 30-40 yards but for that assist (and Chicago was not very dangerous).
View attachment 9746

The point about the upside-down standings tho.

ETA: One of our "open play" shots was from a set piece, so..

Less dangerous when you take out the danger, anyway.

What went on when Ibeagha came on and the ref immediately sent him off temporarily? At the game I had no idea. Watching the TV replay it looks like Ibeagha is taking something out of his ears. Does he wear earrings, and forgot to remove them until he was on the field?
Then he handed whatever they were to Kit Man who promptly dropped one of them in the grass.

Less dangerous when you take out the danger, anyway.
I didn't take out the danger I took out the actual hit. The point is there was close to no danger outside the one time we scored. We won last night because we put up another shutout -- 4 in 8 games. But outside the PK we had less than 1 xG at home last night. It was still more than Chicago, but the result was pretty much a coin flip. We were due to win one of those. The draws against DC and Montreal had bigger xGDs in our favor that did not go our way. But they were all coin flips.
ETA: We have 3 home clean sheets and only one win, because we're not creating enough good chances, and last night's was both by eye and stats not very different from the 2 draws, except we finally created one very high percentage shot and converted it.

Last edited:
Antifa is like 95 percent commie scum but at least there is the redeemable 5 percent. Meanwhile all fascists are scum.
Antifa also has the guys who carry couches in their back to St Pauli's stadium for refugees to sleep in. Fascists wouldn't do that even for their white supremacist brethren.

Maxi must be one of the most-fouled guys in MLS, and the interesting thing is that he doesn't predominantly get fouled around the 18 yard box. That is a pity of course, because we would gain lots of useful FKs. Maxi moves around a lot, takes a lot of touches, and gets fouled a lot. Even on our own half, as soon as he turns on a dime and gains a yard on an opponent, he gets chopped down.

As to the rest, there were so many overhit long balls I am hating Etihad pitch more and more. Even with it being our home field the team doesn't really seem to get used to it. Ring in particular is quite awful when trying to spring the team forward. It doesn't look like we have enough individual quality to use our counterattacking chances productively, for example when Ofori or Ring tackle successfully when Chicago's moving forward, but then overhit the pass that could have sent somebody behind the defense. There were a lot of cringe-worthy moments like that. And their only other option is to wait for the short pass to Maxi, and Maxi to receive, do a 180 to avoid pressure, gain a yard on an opponent, and only then spring an attack.

Pablo Escobar was basically a terrorist who destroyed his home nation, killed many, and caused problems in the US, but he did give a little bit of the money he got from his murders to some poor people, so he wasn't such a bad guy.
Great analogy! I can't wait to repeat it! Did you copyright it already?

What went on when Ibeagha came on and the ref immediately sent him off temporarily? At the game I had no idea. Watching the TV replay it looks like Ibeagha is taking something out of his ears. Does he wear earrings, and forgot to remove them until he was on the field?
Then he handed whatever they were to Kit Man who promptly dropped one of them in the grass.
Looked like he was taking earrings out. You have a full-game replay?

Reactions: Kjbert