Cityzens Portal

0806-Took-Jerbs.jpg

Points from game are up on mine! Also gave me early attendance points, even though I got in at 5! Maybe they are trying to make up for the 40 min queue I stood in... Let the scramble for prizes begin!

Last edited:
Reactions: SullyNYCFC79
Same. I got goal bonus, win bonus, early bonus, attending bonus and the 50 for linking twitter showed up.

Reactions: Lewis_H
Points from game are up on mine! Also gave me early attendance points, even though I got in at 5! Maybe they are trying to make up for the 40 min queue I stood in... Let the scramble for prizes begin!

Got all my points as well. Nice.

Did anyone enter any of the sweepstakes out of curiosity? Seems like a potentially wasteful use of points.

Trying to save my points for mid to end of season but damn do I want the signed Villa armband!

I know a few people were disappointed with the meet and greet and NYCFC sent out an email to all that attended offering feedback. I responded and gave the most honest response I could. I did it between classes and rushed so didn't check for spelling /grammar.
Hey Emily,

I want to thank you and NYCFC for the great opportunity.

I could not have had a better time at the club's historic home opener. It is just the third MLS game I have attended and 6th professional game i've been to overall and it was hands down the best experience I have ever had. I know there were some problems people had entering the stadium, as well as problems with lines once they were in the stadium, but I experienced none of that.

After getting to the stadium around 2:00pmand getting some food we got on line at about 2:45 and entered the stadium about 5 minutes after the gates opened. We went to our seats and found a merchandise store right outside, with nobody in there! My girlfriend and I went and bought two shirts, and two blankets because it was so cold out. As I got on line the cash register broke and the cashier did the total on his phone and gave me change out of his own pocket to make the sale. I thought that was great.

Since we were so early to the game we went to see how we could get our vouchers for the meet and greet. We followed the directions in your email and without a problem we were able to get our tickets.

As the game started we could not have had a better time, except for the temperature. Our season tickets are in section 225, so we are right by the midfield line and have a great view.

We were so excited for the meet and greet, and didn't know exactly how it was going to happen, so we left the game about 3 minutes early, which in hindsight I guess doesn't make much sense as we were going to meet the team that was still playing.

Obviously, we were the first people to arrive at the VIP section and were given our wrist bands and let into the event. As soon as we got in we were met by a NYCFC representative that asked us about our experience and he seemed very interested in what we had to say. He gave me his card and said he would be available if I had any questions about anything at all.

That is when our experience went downhill, unfortunately. My girlfriend and I, along with my little brother and his girlfriend, made the trip down from Cincinnatus, New York, which is a few miles south of Syracuse. We rented a car, and a hotel, and made a whole weekend out of it so we didn't have to drive 8 hours round trip in one day.

Since my girlfriend and I are the season ticket holders (little brother is still in school so he can only make a few games, so he buys tickets by the match) we were the only ones that were able to get into the event with the Cityzens program. I knew that was going to happen. My brother knew that was going to happen. We were fine with it. What we weren't fine with was the fact that as the event started and my brother and his girlfriend were waiting outside the VIP area for us to finish they were told they had to leave the stadium. I didn't know that was going to happen so I had the car keys, and my brother had my jacket. My brother told the security guard his situation but the guard told him he had to leave the stadium anyway. I am sure you can imagine how stressful it would be for a teenage kid and his girlfriend to be kicked out of the stadium, with no car keys, and have to go outside in a huge city he's never been in before and wait for a few hours for me to finish. Keep in mind, I said we came from Cincinnatus New York, which is about the most rural town you can imagine. A striking contrast to Bronx, New York. He was pretty terrified waiting outside in the freezing cold for a few hours because they wouldn't let him stay in the stadium. He says he probably won't be going back to any more games.

From my end on the inside of the meet and greet I thought things could have been a bit more organized. Actually, a lot more organized. None of the staff members there knew what was happening and couldn't give us any information about how long it would be, who we would see, who we wouldn't see and what the format of the meet and greet was.

As the players came out all of the stars were rushed by a crowd and that made it impossible to get to them. My girlfriend isn't a huge soccer fan, so the only player on the team she knows is David Villa. Unfortunately for her, as soon as he came out a mob crowded around him and it was very hard to push through to get a chance to talk to him, get a picture with him, or get his signature. She didn't get to do any of that and was extremely disappointed and tired after standing around for an hour.

Aside from not even being able to get to meet any of the well known players, the time it took for all of it to happen was extremely frustrating. Players came out whenever they wanted to, and left whenever they wanted to. (Credit to Jeb Brovsky for actually acting like he wanted to be there) I started to hate the entire experience after dreading the 4 hour drive home at 9PM because I didn't know how long I would have to stay there to actually get the chance to meet a player.

I used up 1000 Cityzens points between my two season ticket cards and I really wish I didn't. Most likely, I won't be able to get that many points again for the rest of this season and I feel like I wasted them on an event that had good promise but was terribly mismanaged. I think its unfair to the people that put their faith in NYCFC by assuming the first event redeemable with Cityzens points would be one worthwhile.

I think it was probably a cool experience for somebody that wouldn't have minded staying there all night and was a quick train ride away from home. Or for somebody that was larger and more aggressive than my girlfriend or myself and could push through the crowds of people to actually meet the players.

I hope you take my input into consideration if any events like this happen in the future. Unfortunately, I wasted my points on this one so I won't be able to enjoy it if it happens.

I really thank you for asking for input (good and bad) in order to make things a more enjoyable experience for everybody. I'm still looking forward to the next home game and putting season tickets to use by supporting my team, but I have lost some faith in the Cityzens program.

Thank you again,

Nicholas Constantino

They replied with:

Nicholas,

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize for the trouble you had.

We will take all of this into account for future Cityzen events and hopefully see you out for another event in the near future.

Emily

Just figured I'd share if anyone was interested in hearing about my experience and/or their response.

Reactions: roxfontaine
I know a few people were disappointed with the meet and greet and NYCFC sent out an email to all that attended offering feedback. I responded and gave the most honest response I could. I did it between classes and rushed so didn't check for spelling /grammar.

They replied with:

Just figured I'd share if anyone was interested in hearing about my experience and/or their response.

Thank you for sharing this. I loved the experience but also feel it was terribly organized. We were seated at the opposite end of the bar and had no idea players were coming out. We missed Villa who my wife was super excited about meeting and was subsequently disappointed when we realized we had missed him. Still got to meet a lot of awesome players but it is a shame that some had not much interest in coming out and hanging coughNEMECcough.

For some reason only 2 of my 3 cards got points from the game. All three cards were used for entry. Thoughts?

That reply back you got was bullshit. Who exactly is running this cityzen's program? Is it the club itself, CFG a tag team of both? This has the potential to be really special but dare I say it is so far one of the poorest run operations this club has done in it's short life. I get this is more on the tech side of things, but inputting data(points) manually? Really? Feel like this should have really been ironed out and had plenty of time to have been, before it was opened to us.

Yeah, I wrote to the Director of Fan Services. I got a call back from Emily. She said they wanted it to be more casual so players could walk around and talk to people. They didn't want a line with players at tables. They won't redeem my Cityzens points (really want that beanie) but they have my name on a list to invite me back to another event for no points. Hopefully I get to meet a marquee player next time.

Yeah, I wrote to the Director of Fan Services. I got a call back from Emily. She said they wanted it to be more casual so players could walk around and talk to people. They didn't want a line with players at tables. They won't redeem my Cityzens points (really want that beanie) but they have my name on a list to invite me back to another event for no points. Hopefully I get to meet a marquee player next time.

That's still pretty sweet. What was your issue with the event if you don't mind me asking?

That's still pretty sweet. What was your issue with the event if you don't mind me asking?

I was expecting the traditional line with players at tables meet and greet. Instead you have about 80-100 fans mulling around waiting for something to happen. Also, there were only 50 spots on the Cityzens page, so I don't know it was so packed. Most of them are crowding around the curtain where the players are eating/doing post game stuff. I didn't know who the players were during the first 30-45 minutes walking around and basically missed them. There was no announcement of players. No NYC FC personnel talked to the crowd before or during the event. Basically I'm at the side for the room waiting for something to happen. 75 minutes into the event David Villa shows up and he is surrounded by all sides by fans vying for a selfie and/or autograph. It's chaos. I try to get up there, but he goes back in behind the curtain after I'm in the third row of people. I left at 9 PM, 2 hours into the event. I had classes the next day, also I had travel 90 minutes back to school in Pennsylvania. Yeah, that's my decision to go to the game. But I was expecting a meet and great that wouldn't go past 8 PM or so. If this was a summer game, I could stay at the stadium until 2 AM, maybe even party with the players celebrating after the game (lol), but that's not the case. I met no players, got no autographs or pictures. I feel somewhat mislead to what the event was going to be. I would not use Cityzens points for that sort of event again. The Fan Services rep told me that the players were late because of the massive amount of press at the game and I understand that. But I am a fan and I "paid" for this event and got nothing in return. I shouldn't have to push my way to the front of the line to get an autograph or picture for something that I "paid" for. It was like wild animals trying to be corralled by some NYC FC staff telling people to move back five feet. It was very unprofessional run and extremely unorganized. I still want my damn Cityzens points back. I don't need to be on a list for another sort of event like this. I left Yankee Stadium thoroughly disappointed and pretty upset by how NYC FC dealt with that event. It's not the sort of impression the club should be leaving fans after it's first game.

I don't need NYC FC to send me a signed jersey or ball by players (though that would be nice of them) as I know a lot of other people (at the front of the line) got autographs by Villa and Jeb (those were the only "star" players who showed up when I was there). I saw posts of people with Mix who must have come out after I left. In total I think 13 players showed up, at least based on photos of jersey's with autographs. I'd like them to send me that blue stripped beanie though. Not a huge point, but I have two seats in the Legends section so I'm paying the most for season tickets (outside of actual suites), so I would expect some level of professionalism. Also, part of the Legends section benefits is "Invitation to VIP event(s)." I would think the first player meet and greet would include this, but no. I'd like to see what the premium services department will be doing for these events.

Basically, I'm upset. Sorry for such a long post, but I have a lot of say about how the event was run.

I was expecting the traditional line....
To be fair, you didn't pay as you said "paid" for this experience. What we paid for is our seat at the games. This is just a bonus. I attend the game, arrive early, they win 2-0 , CFG/NYCFC give me 200 points. I use my 200 points to eat a cheeseburger with fat frank after the game who guess what, isn't actually at the game, rather he is sitting on a bench somewhere in England, I complain, they tell me to go fuck myself. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's a lesson learned. Most of us have learned our lesson by attending a previously held event. I believe that is their view on this, its not mine, as I said. Lesson learned.