Concacaf Champions League

So the last America defender fouls Oduro and gets a yellow when it's a clear red. Every single time that's a red. As tiny as the foul may be, if you're the last defender it's a straight red.

Reactions: Kjbert
So the last America defender fouls Oduro and gets a yellow when it's a clear red. Every single time that's a red. As tiny as the foul may be, if you're the last defender it's a straight red.
According to one Montreal player, the ref told him that the fouled player did not have sufficient control of the ball to warrant a red. On viewing it in that light, I can see the rationale but still think it's wrong.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/a...t-fume-after-controversial-call-keeps-club-am

Great job by Montreal last night. They went into a tough situation and came away with a tie and an away goal. The fact that they had a great opportunity to win that game is a testament to good coaching and solid team work.
I was very happy to see that the MLS involvement in the championship round brought a lot of new viewers. I knew that folks would be shocked at the officiating, appalled at the lack of respect that a large portion of the CA supporters show to visiting teams and fans, and disgusted by the playground tactics and mental games employed by CA. Rest assured CONCACAF was embarrassed last night. This was a big step towards cleaning up this competition.

. Rest assured CONCACAF was embarrassed last night. This was a big step towards cleaning up this competition.

Not sure if embarrassed as this has occurred in previous finals before. Ill believe a big step is taken when something is actually done not just lip service.

This kind of stuff has regularly happened in the past but this year the MLS brought a lot of fans to the viewing audience. One thing I have learned about MLS fans is that they love to complain.

What the heck is an emergency keeper? Why would they even need to get someone from another team? What? They can do this? Huh?

Because Evan Busch, MTL gk got a yellow at the end of the game so he got supsended for the return leg. Kronberg the backup is cup tied because he played earlier in the season with SKC. So MLS is going to finesse the rules and loan MTL Sean Johnson.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99 and Kjbert
since i didnt see all first game i didnt see the yellow so i didnt even know busch was out. This is a huge risk move as well. Gk doesnt know his defenders well so coordination may be an issue. also is he a good GK? I only got Friday to really see him but then again NYCFC was not really challenging him much.

i also read early rumors that they considered saunders, i was like fuck that, we are already filled with injuries and such no need to tire out one of our best players.

The rumor was that Chicago would receive 75k in allocation money and then Johnson would be loaned.

Last I heard is that Chicago is not interested. I understand that this is a CCL Final, but why would Johnson, just out of principal, ever consider this?

Think Casey Keller is free?

Reactions: adam
The rumor was that Chicago would receive 75k in allocation money and then Johnson would be loaned.

Last I heard is that Chicago is not interested. I understand that this is a CCL Final, but why would Johnson, just out of principal, ever consider this?

Think Casey Keller is free?

i think so, he was hanging out in seattle yesterday when he was being honored for being inducted into hall of fame i think.

Because Evan Busch, MTL gk got a yellow at the end of the game so he got supsended for the return leg. Kronberg the backup is cup tied because he played earlier in the season with SKC. So MLS is going to finesse the rules and loan MTL Sean Johnson.
CONCACAF suspends players for getting yellow cards? What?

Accumulated yellows. I believe it was his 5th of the tournament.
lol what? this is not a league format we are in knockout stages. I mean does UEFA champions league have a similar rule? I always thought in knockout stages yellows are reset.

everyone in MLS saying CONCACAF has screwed them, in mexican press fans seem to point to Club America has "bought" the title with this GK situation affecting the impact.

lol what? this is not a league format we are in knockout stages. I mean does UEFA champions league have a similar rule? I always thought in knockout stages yellows are reset.

everyone in MLS saying CONCACAF has screwed them, in mexican press fans seem to point to Club America has "bought" the title with this GK situation affecting the impact.

I'm pretty sure UEFA resets the yellows after the quarterfinal stage.

Reactions: adam
based on the info on soccerway.com the yellow he got in america was second yellow in knockout stages. already had one against alajuelense so then this means rule is 2 yellows= 1 game suspension?

Reactions: Kjbert and adam