Cristiano Ronaldo Countdown/ Speculation

I have a hard time believing that CR7 would come to NYCFC and not have a stint in Manchester. That's the unfortunate truth. He's probably one of the best-conditioned players in the world, which ought to make his career pretty long without injuries or drop-off. But, I guess we'll see.

Reactions: LionNYC and Kjbert
I have a hard time believing that CR7 would come to NYCFC and not have a stint in Manchester. That's the unfortunate truth. He's probably one of the best-conditioned players in the world, which ought to make his career pretty long without injuries or drop-off. But, I guess we'll see.
I don't know about that. He had a knee and a hamstring problem for most of last year, really struggled with it during the World Cup. He may very well be thinking he doesn't have lot of years left in his legs.

Ronaldo is going to LAFC. He is a lover of LA and spends a good bit of time there, it makes sense. The only thing I could see giving us a chance is that he may not want to be the first player of a new franchise. He's such a cry baby on the field that he may want to know exactly the way the team is constructed before putting his John Hancock to Paris...I mean paper.

I always figured it was Miami then New York then LA for Ronaldo.

Reactions: Vallos
My thoughts are also Miami first with NYC a close second, being that it is a shorter trip to and from Europe.

There's also no guarantee that Miami will actually exist as an MLS franchise by then. I think it's shaky as best.

And I honestly believe that Beckham's option is going to run out and he will not own a team in Miami.

There's also no guarantee that Miami will actually exist as an MLS franchise by then. I think it's shaky as best.

And I honestly believe that Beckham's option is going to run out and he will not own a team in Miami.
PD19748904_Footbal_2045188b.jpg

Ronaldo is going to LAFC. He is a lover of LA and spends a good bit of time there, it makes sense. The only thing I could see giving us a chance is that he may not want to be the first player of a new franchise. He's such a cry baby on the field that he may want to know exactly the way the team is constructed before putting his John Hancock to Paris...I mean paper.

You just need to see how difficult it has been for NYCFC this year for a Designated player to be reluctant to start off at a brand new franchise.

Reactions: FootyLovin
If Beckham pulls the Miami deal , Ibrahimovic will be the first signing

It's very likely that none of these players ever make it to MLS. It seems everyone assumes that once any player hits 31, no matter how much of a superstar he may be, "oh, he's old now - he's coming to MLS."

If Ronaldo is that well-conditioned and will still be "amazing" at 33, then he'll still be in Spain, back in Manchester, or in Italy. Zlatan may very well be back in Milan soon. And did someone already mention Messi? How about Neymar in 10 years? Adnan Januzaj?

It's great to have these stars in the league and create more buzz, but I think it's time to rebrand from a retirement league to something with a bit more clout. We certainly have the fans here now, the money is coming in, and we certainly have the passion.

Well after the display today, I don't think that Ronaldo wants to come to NYC. He's jetting off to LAFC...or the Galaxy.

If that is the reason that this thread should be closed, then I think about half of the other threads can be closed as well.

I tend to agree. This is a discussion forum. Yes, if a thread is truly stupid or aggravatory we may get rid of it, but a thread like this is doing no harm. The thread will slowly die on its own when everyone has had their fill.