Dispersal Draft 11/19/14

After the top names are gone a lot of teams might just waive their pick.
Oh I agree, but by pick #22, NYC might pass too. I would say, if we exempt the loanees (Bolaños, Barrera, Borja; who are all pretty good), there are only 15 or so Chivas USA players worth taking. I guess NYC and Orlando might be the only ones that take anyone just because they can. But I think Kreis and Reyna are more astute than that.

Oh I agree, but by pick #22, NYC might pass too. I would say, if we exempt the loanees (Bolaños, Barrera, Borja; who are all pretty good), there are only 15 or so Chivas USA players worth taking. I guess NYC and Orlando might be the only ones that take anyone just because they can. But I think Kreis and Reyna are more astute than that.

Yeah, that's why I don't really want to predict it either way. It seems likely that only a handful of players will actually go in the dispersal draft, but at the same time we do have an open roster to fill, so we might double dip depending on who's still available.

From the standpoint of addressing team needs, Martin Rivero could be a perfect CAM for NYCFC. Who was very good for Colorado and Chivas when healthy. He could be Kreis's new Javair Morales you can say. But he hasn't been very healthy and I think that might make NYC not take him. Too bad.

I'd say there is a decent chance that if Dallas picks up Kennedy it's just so they can trade him for money and future picks. Probably will even have a deal in place with a team before the draft even starts. So it might be possible to end up with Kennedy and a different 2nd round pick when all is said and done

Otherwise Baptiste would be my second choice after Kennedy. Delgado worries me with the injuries.

Reactions: Kinkladze
I'd say there is a decent chance that if Dallas picks up Kennedy it's just so they can trade him for money and future picks. Probably will even have a deal in place with a team before the draft even starts. So it might be possible to end up with Kennedy and a different 2nd round pick when all is said and done

Otherwise Baptiste would be my second choice after Kennedy. Delgado worries me with the injuries.

Kennedy and Baptiste sounds good to me. Wonder what we'd have to give up to get Kennedy in a trade though.

Reactions: Kinkladze
Wonder what we'd have to give up to get Kennedy in a trade though.
Besides allocation money I'm not all that sure to be honest. We really don't have much to trade at this point besides future draft picks. But if we don't get Kennedy I'm pretty confident someone like MacMath will probably be available in January. Or if not then I honestly wouldn't be all that upset if Saunders is #1 if the management can't get anyone else.

Otherwise Baptist. It'll be nice to have a young, physically talented CB.

I actually believe that we need an experience CB next to Kwame (he was really irregular and error prone at loan). I'll have nightmares on a daily basis if our pair of CBs are Baptist and Kwame.

Reactions: Kjbert
Oh I agree, but by pick #22, NYC might pass too. I would say, if we exempt the loanees (Bolaños, Barrera, Borja; who are all pretty good), there are only 15 or so Chivas USA players worth taking.

15? I think that you are being overly optimistic! Even for expansion teams, I don't see more than 8 or 10 players.

We also should take note on Thomas McNamara (also known as the kid with the mullet) and Donald Toia who is a RSL Homegrown player.

Reactions: Kjbert
The fact that they will (should) end up getting a very useful player from this is huge. Getting an experienced very solid goaltender like Kennedy isn't a sexy pick but will immediately put us in great shape in goal. Marky could also be a very solid starter for years to come. In this case, getting second pick was a victory.

Kennedy would also be great to have off the field as well as on. He's a leader in the locker room and had a great relationship with Chivas fans.

Reactions: JayH

I'd love to land Kennedy, but I found this sentence ironic:
With Orlando City having traded for Tally Hall, the league would have two new teams with experienced keepers.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Saunders MLS cup didn't count as experience.

It also forgets that Tally Hall is hurt and won't play until at least May or later. So while NYCFC has a MLS Cup winning goalie already, Orlando doesn't even really have its 2 time MLS cup losing goalie.

What impact, if any, do the Cap hits play in the decision making for you guys?

What impact, if any, do the Cap hits play in the decision making for you guys?
Its gotta be huge. At best the CBA will increase, maybe another DP is added, but there is absolutely no way in God's green earth that MLS will do away with the cap. So since it will exist you have to accommodate for it.

This is where the GK issue gets bigger, because Orlando for example are already paying MLS-top dollar for Hall so they can't really afford to grab Kennedy. However, Saunders only makes 90k, so its not a big deal for NYCFC to grab Dan Kennedy. Most likely DK would start over Saunders but they could at least fight it out in preseason and Kreis would have depth.

Other than that, its only players like Reo-Coker, Hurtado or Chavez that are making over 200k and would hamper things salary cap-wise going forward.

Reactions: Paul