Domènec Torrent Appointed NYCFC Head Coach (June '18) / Mutually Agree to Part Ways (November '19)

What Are Your Thoughts on Torrent as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
(whispers) Yangel Herrera was playing poorly this entire season before he got hurt

Yeah not sure how his stock went up so much while he's been out but his rep is suddenly far outpacing his actual play for NYCFC. He's shown flashes of considerable of talent but he's yet to put it together over a solid string of games. Before his injury he regularly drifted in and out of games, also one of his biggest skill gaps is finishing in the box which is the thing we are lacking the most at this point. I'd be onboard with the position that he's one of the highest potential players on the team but he's done nothing to warrant this rep that he's currently a top player on the squad.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yeah not sure how his stock went up so much while he's been out but his rep is suddenly far outpacing his actual play for NYCFC. He's shown flashes of considerable of talent but he's yet to put it together over a solid string of games. Before his injury he regularly drifted in and out of games, also one of his biggest skill gaps is finishing in the box which is the thing we are lacking the most at this point. I'd be onboard with the position that he's one of the highest potential players on the team but he's done nothing to warrant this rep that he's currently a top player on the squad.
But he CAN use both feet.

Reactions: Kjbert and gbservis
Jeez the man has yet to have a full season here and want him out only 3 months in , freaking kreis was way worse and got a full season. plus we also have players to get rid of and an offseason to get to. if we make it to first round of playoffs and then lose then he did no better than PV did in two tries. anyone coming in after PV left would of been scrambling to try and get thru to playoffs and patch things as best as possible. no one would of fully implemented their style because its impossible halfway in the season already. i never want to play out of the back because this team was always too slow for it imo.

and we were not arguably the best team in league this year either.

I think we all have issues with how his tenure has gone, but Torrent (a) should be given a chance next season and (b) realistically will never be fired this winter, even if the team loses the knockout round game.

We must have viewed those matches from different angles. He had one clearly poor match, was good to spectacular in most others.

He was the most overrated player on the team. Low game awareness, lousy first touch and passed into coverage 80% of the time.

He was the most overrated player on the team. Low game awareness, lousy first touch and passed into coverage 80% of the time.
What is our record since his injury? How less effective has Ring been since his departure?

People who did not see the value he was bringing were not looking close enough. Almost every match he played, he was a key player.

Last edited:
What is our record since his injury? How less effective has Ring been since his departure?

People who did not see the value he was bringing were not looking close enough. Almost every match he played, he was a key player.

I have to agree. Yangel is raw but brings sudden bursts of energy and bite to our midfield that are, along with finishing, one of the things we most lack. Ofori could not intimidate a grandma and, although an extremely clean passer now that he's learned the system, his passing is always lateral or back. For a team that's going to have 60%+ possession no matter what, those skills are not terribly useful. Also, because he's only got one foot, he tends to keep our crawling tempo steady.

He's raw with flashes of brilliance. At times he was uninterested in the match and seemed to be lackadaisical. Almost like he didn't want to be here.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I have to agree. Yangel is raw but brings sudden bursts of energy and bite to our midfield that are, along with finishing, one of the things we most lack. Ofori could not intimidate a grandma and, although an extremely clean passer now that he's learned the system, his passing is always lateral or back. For a team that's going to have 60%+ possession no matter what, those skills are not terribly useful. Also, because he's only got one foot, he tends to keep our crawling tempo steady.

If we are comparing him to people on the team...then yes he's good. He has more upside and I'd prefer him to Ofori. Obviously prefer him to Amagat too. But as a player in general, hugely overrated. I don't think he's that good tbh. I don't think Ofori is that good either. Yangel missing isn't our problem this year I can point to many other issues right now that are effecting this team.

He's raw with flashes of brilliance. At times he was uninterested in the match and seemed to be lackadaisical. Almost like he didn't want to be here.

He didn't want to be here, cause in his mind he's Paul Pogba

Anyone notice that the players have been more casual with their Instagram/social media presence now that Dome has taken the reigns? Just tonight Tinnerholm is in DC posting from the Caps opener, and Castellanos is posting his dinner in Miami with Mata. If I remember, with Patrick in charge, you never saw players post anything other than training photos or in game action shots.

Anyone notice that the players have been more casual with their Instagram/social media presence now that Dome has taken the reigns? Just tonight Tinnerholm is in DC posting from the Caps opener, and Castellanos is posting his dinner in Miami with Mata. If I remember, with Patrick in charge, you never saw players post anything other than training photos or in game action shots.

I mean they're on a vacation now. During the season when players had off days, they'd post their travels and fun even under Vieira.

I mean they're on a vacation now. During the season when players had off days, they'd post their travels and fun even under Vieira.
Yeah I get that. Either way I just don’t want to see them out doing anything other than working on getting better. Especially when they’ve been on a slide in form. I just don’t like seeing them out at dinner together or watching a hockey game when it’s so close to the end of the season and playoffs.

Yeah I get that. Either way I just don’t want to see them out doing anything other than working on getting better. Especially when they’ve been on a slide in form. I just don’t like seeing them out at dinner together or watching a hockey game when it’s so close to the end of the season and playoffs.
If that's all they're doing, then yeah. But come on. Can't be out enjoying dinner? Can't go to a hockey game for a few hours while you have a few weeks off of games?

That's an easy way to burn players out

FFS, should the players not have their free time, too? If seeing their holiday snaps in the Instagram annoys you that much, then don't open the app.

I remember the uproar when a bunch of Red Sox were spotted out at dinner all dressed up and having wine, the night they went down 3-0 to the Yankees in the ALCS 2004. The Red Sox didn't lose a game after that night.

Point is, let them be people. It will yield better results and some of these players have their own dedicated followers outside of NYCFC.

I remember the uproar when a bunch of Red Sox were spotted out at dinner all dressed up and having wine, the night they went down 3-0 to the Yankees in the ALCS 2004. The Red Sox didn't lose a game after that night.

Point is, let them be people. It will yield better results and some of these players have their own dedicated followers outside of NYCFC.
Just thought it was funny that in 2004, they were “spotted out at dinner”.
In 2018, they were “seen on Instagram”.

lmao, i get it maybe if this was the day after a game, but not now.

this reminds me when Joachim Low banned all social media and cell phone use for training camp leading to and including the world cup ....and we saw how that ended.

to me the training is what matters, they are not going to be hitting the gym on off days, wear and tear /fatigue does matter this late in season where you cant be on gym or field 24/7