Draft Thread (Expansion/Waiver/Re-Entry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible scenario: With the impending departure of Matarrita, we could see Toia in NYC as he was the first pick (we already saw Duval leaving as he was first pick for Minnesota) as part of a pre-arranged trade that Atlanta spoke of.

Why is this the image the club used for the headline, "NYCFC Unaffected by 2016 Expansion Draft"?

This should be the image the club uses for the headline, "Saunders/Mena Drafted by Atlanta/Minnesota in Expansion Draft"

NYCFC_082016_194.jpg

The Waiver Draft will be held on Thursday, Dec. 15 at 3 p.m. ET. The Waiver Draft will consist of players who are not eligible for Re-Entry or Free Agency and either (i) are out of contract and have not been issued a Genuine Offer or (ii) have not had their 2017 options exercised.

NYCFC players eligible:

Steven Mendoza
Federico Bravo
Diego Martinez

The Waiver Draft will be held on Thursday, Dec. 15 at 3 p.m. ET. The Waiver Draft will consist of players who are not eligible for Re-Entry or Free Agency and either (i) are out of contract and have not been issued a Genuine Offer or (ii) have not had their 2017 options exercised.

NYCFC players eligible:

Steven Mendoza
Federico Bravo
Diego Martinez

explain....if someone selects mendoza...is he gone without us getting anything? or do we have to get something in return?

explain....if someone selects mendoza...is he gone without us getting anything? or do we have to get something in return?
I think Mendoza is on the eligible list as an artifact. The club already announced: "Federico Bravo and Steven Mendoza will both return to their parent clubs following their loan spells at NYCFC ...."

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I think Mendoza is on the eligible list as an artifact. The club already announced: "Federico Bravo and Steven Mendoza will both return to their parent clubs following their loan spells at NYCFC ...."

i thought that too....but again, i keep forgetting/ misreading MLS rules as to why names show up in what lists/drafts and it confuses me

i thought that too....but again, i keep forgetting/ misreading MLS rules as to why names show up in what lists/drafts and it confuses me
I think it's basically anyone that was on the roster the previous year. Maybe if Lampard had an option to extend it would exclude him from waiver draft.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Wouldn't it cost Orlando $1M? We had a 1-yr loan and afterwards to keep him it was a $1M purchase (not loan extension). Does Orlando get to scrap old contracts and negotiate new or are they bound by it?
In the first round they're bound. In the second they can renegotiate.

Though idk how or if it applies to loan buyouts.

Reactions: Kjbert
Waiver Draft starts at 3 PM, that's 8 minutes from now. Will it be streamed or anything?

Waiver Draft starts at 3 PM, that's 8 minutes from now. Will it be streamed or anything?

IIRC from previous years, no, there's just a MLSSoccer.com article afterwards stating who got picked. Considering that there's usually all of about two players who get selected at all, it would be a pretty dull stream.

IIRC from previous years, no, there's just a MLSSoccer.com article afterwards stating who got picked. Considering that there's usually all of about two players who get selected at all, it would be a pretty dull stream.
It's such a painfully slow news day, I would watch a stream of Garber reading poetry to his dog.

It's such a painfully slow news day, I would watch a stream of Garber reading poetry to his dog.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.