Ejected From Last Night's Game

Crazy. I don't go to Yankee games but I can't imagine their full of clean language particularly in the bleachers , do they throw people out there?

The security crackdown was no doubt, among other things, the result of bad publicity and exposure regarding the "nazi" chants, other purported inappropriate chants, the over-publicized "clashes" between supporters, and various complaints to the front office about other chants and incidents. YS wants no part in any of that, especially when the drama was and could continue to be featured publicly. This is the result (not saying I agree or disagree, just suggesting that the cause-and-effect is not surprising). Networks may have also mentioned it to YS/FO as they prefer not to have to mute/drown out the supporters sections sound.

Reactions: roxfontaine
While I feel bad for those that had a bad experience and feel their rights were stepped on, I lean towards the side of YS on this. I personally prefer a more family-like atmosphere. Chants can be fun without vulgarity and show greater respect for fellow fans that may have different standards/backgrounds. (Prudish. I know, but it works for me.)
My concern is for growing the league and I feel an obligation as an existing fan to make the environment as comfortable as possible for new fans...even if that means giving up certain 'rights' for myself.

I fully understand other views and just sharing an alternate view. Twenty years ago, I may have had a different perspective.

i had an unlit cigarette in my hand in 234 and was told there was no smoking in the stadium so put it away...

Reactions: Gavin23
OP, it certainly appears as though you got the raw end of the deal. I certainly commend you for handling the situation the way you have, good job!
While it probably could have been handled better, I don't really blame the staff for this. This is all new and they need to kind of send a message that it's not quite an "anything goes" section, gotta keep it reasonable. It's part of the learning curve, I have confidence that they will improve in these situations moving forward.

So everyone in this thread should write to the ticket reps for NYFC. We could also write to YS and the security agency if we want. It would be more productive than just venting online.

I can even work on a draft that we can just copy and paste and send.

Reactions: erwin
Maybe this could be a nice rallying call for all the SGs to get over themselves and work together with their chants and TIFO. We should all understand that not every group is for everyone. But we can all still be different and get along. It's becoming more obvious every match who the real impediment to our supporters culture really is. And it's not each other.

i had an unlit cigarette in my hand in 234 and was told there was no smoking in the stadium so put it away...

I sat in the front of section 234 aswell. The whole time I was swearing and cursing, yelling and standing. No problem. But after reading these posts I apparently was very lucky (also not in my proper seat) Screw this policy. Same with Smoking policy. My Friend couldnt smoke a cigarette anywhere and they dont let u leave the stadium since no reentry is permitted.

I blame Bloomberg for some reason. Guy was a twat.

I sat in the front of section 234 aswell. The whole time I was swearing and cursing, yelling and standing. No problem. But after reading these posts I apparently was very lucky (also not in my proper seat) Screw this policy. Same with Smoking policy. My Friend couldnt smoke a cigarette anywhere and they dont let u leave the stadium since no reentry is permitted.

There's a very small outside smoking section in the Hard Rock Cafe (near the right field foul-pole) - you can't bring drinks in there, though - just show them your tickets, go in and bank to the right and the doors outside will be in front of you - it's a pain in the tush, but at least there's an option

I'm in the last row, which i love, but you definitely have more security around as you're closer to the concourse. I was told to stop swearing last game which I did. Just replace "fucking" with "bloody" in the chants

There's a very small outside smoking section in the Hard Rock Cafe (near the right field foul-pole) - you can't bring drinks in there, though - just show them your tickets, go in and bank to the right and the doors outside will be in front of you - it's a pain in the tush, but at least there's an option

We were thinking that since we entered through there and they had smoking areas.

This is exactly how they police the crowd for Yankee games. Brutal honest truth is that all major sporting events in this area do not permit cursing and generally shut down any aggressive behavior in the stands. I've been thrown out of MSG from seats behind the visitor's bench for telling Paul Pierce he sucked, and last year in the bleachers at Yankees/Red Sox got warned for doing the same for Boston. Maybe a SSS will alleviate this, but honestly I wouldn't hold my breath. Too much $$ involved with live sports now, the teams want the dollars and families coming in; they do not care about what the most passionate fans have to say.

I'm in Section 221A, which is close to the away team supporters section :-( They were very vocal and cursing Non Stop last night. I wonder if any of them were thrown out!!!
I personally don't care about the cursing chants, let them mute them.

Reactions: TommyM and Gavin23