Epl 14/15 Season

You're not alone here :D
There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

Swansea with another quality win!

Sigurdsson with an awesome goal from a free kick in the 13th minute to secure the 3 points over Villa!

Great win for city
Had a good day out at the Hawthorns, at one point i even thought the snow was going to come to the baggies rescue
Anyway the Juggernaught marches on, Kompany back to tomorrow & i think Jovetic will start...

Anybody watching Liverpool-Swansea? What a howler scored by Lallana!
I just tuned in to see someone's pants half ripped off by Skrtel, then the Swansea keeper kicks the ball into Lallana's head which gets deflected into the net for a goal, then Swansea scores one minute after the Liverpool goal, then Sterling hits the post. This is why I love soccer!!! :D

Liverpool at least looked better today than they have previously.

That jacks came out and played like they were a bunch of timid little 3rd graders. They lacked effort and Liverpool easily ran all over them.

Can the Sterling thing have no retrospective action because the ref clearly saw it and decided not to give anything? I know there is a rule about something like that.

EDIT- I see it is confirmed that Sterling will not be charged with anything. Guess because the ref saw it, or linesman, and didn't do anything. Thats a rule that should be changed in my opinion.
Source- Sterling not charged: Daily Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Can the Sterling thing have no retrospective action because the ref clearly saw it and decided not to give anything? I know there is a rule about something like that.

EDIT- I see it is confirmed that Sterling will not be charged with anything. Guess because the ref saw it, or linesman, and didn't do anything. Thats a rule that should be changed in my opinion.
Source- Sterling not charged: Daily Mail

The rule you are referring to says that if a player was awarded a yellow card, the decision can't be overturned. If the ref didn't give any card then it can be challenged on the principle that the ref can claim that he didn't clearly see the incident, and if the ref gives a red it can be challenged on the principle that red cards can be "too harsh". Yellows, as they have to be received in large numbers to equate to a ban, are seen as a mild punishment in the grander scheme of things, and therefore not a serious issue. It's one of the many things which gets debated and argued over here, whether the above rule is actually fair or not.