Foreign Dp's For Nycfc

I think that the first signing has a lot of symbolic value, hence I see two possible scenarios:

- An American player. National Team. (Beckerman, Diskerud).
- An international superstar (past their prime) with still Star Power to turn heads this direction. (Someone like Drogba).

So I don't think someone like DelPiero o Gomes would be announced as our 1st signing.

I do not want a past their prime international. City and the Yankees have enough clout to bring some young-ish players into the fold.

I do not want a past their prime international. City and the Yankees have enough clout to bring some young-ish players into the fold.

Sure - but wouldn't MCFC just want that guy? They have some decisions of their own to make here.

To keep things "in perspective":

2012 - Montreal Impact [MLS era]
First signing: Nelson Rivas.
First DP: Marco Di Vaio.

2011 - Vancouver [MLS era]
First signing: Jay DeMerit
First DP: Eric Hassli

2011 - Portland Timbers [MLS era]
First signing: Former Portland players and Jeremy Hall.
First DP: Diego Chará

2009: Seattle [MLS era]
Firs signing: Sébastien Le Toux
First DP: Fredrik Ljungberg

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/n ... aign=barca

Google translate wrote:Xavi Hernandez is very clear where he wants to play next year. So much so that it has rejected all offers that have come in recent months. Some so tempting, especially economically-such as that offered the general manager of Manchester City, Ferran Soriano. The blaugrana exvicepresidente, which maintains a very good relationship with the player, offered him the chance to lead a new project to be undertaken by the City in Major League Soccer (MLS), ie Soccer League in the United States.

The City has purchased a franchise to play in this league with a football club ownership in order to open new markets in the United States. Be headquartered in New York and New York City's name. Soriano, who met personally with Xavi in Barcelona, showed him a certainly exciting project, with many resources and that would allow the egarense live and integrate into the world's most cosmopolitan city, which could also be formed in other aspects of the marketing of football .

The contract offered Soriano was three years, what would your link to New York City in 2017 and at the age of 37. The right time to finally hang up his boots and expanding new horizons in your career, always clearly related to football.

Xavi welcomed the offer and the great interest shown by Soriano liderase for championing this new project that Manchester City in the United States, but he explained that at least next season it intends to continue in the Catalan club, and who wants to put an end to his career as a happy blaugrana epilogue, with titles and an exciting project in between.

That does not mean that everything has rejected the offer of Soriano but has postponed at least until next year, when the player reaches 35 years and considers footballing has already given everything to the club.

And Xavi, ending contract with Barcelona on June 30, 2016, is very clear that leaving the club when you can not be a major player or add into the game, so in principle it can not be ruled out his last year as blaugrana.

Hence it is now pending to hold the meeting with new coach Luis Enrique, to see first hand what the intention of the Asturian technician. The midfielder wants to continue for another year because he believes that football still has much to contribute to the Blaugrana, but is aware that the years take their toll and that young people are pushing very hard, but that does not take away any iota of strength and claw to keep disputing daily a spot in the starting lineup.

It has also very clear that his duties as first captain may require you to be an extension of the coach in the dressing-function and actually takes several years practicing because you have to remember that Puyol has been virtually absent from the daily workflow for the last two years because of his injuries, as well as a guide for the young.

But the truth is that this project excites him Xavi began last Wednesday with stellar presentation of Luis Enrique. It is true that the coach was not fiery nor effusive when asked about the future of Xavi, referring to a future meeting with the player "to know where the shots", but in any case the player was given more than satisfied with their mission statement and hopes that the meeting you have with the new coach will definitely brighten your future.

Today that does not happen in any case leave Barcelona but fight and work as anyone to earn a place in the team, to help the team win both football and collectively and to maintain the level of demand and excellence football that Barcelona has shown in recent years.

Obviously Xavi also expect a correspondence in the form of trust from someone who shared a dressing room for more than five years in a further stage of whooping especially barcelonismo more miseries than successes.

It will be at that meeting where positions are clarified, roadmaps and will mark the project in which it seems that Xavi should remain an important reference for both men and veterans to the younger set

Xavi would definitely be a surprise and he obviously fits the style of play NYCFC wants to play. Fingers crossed.

Sure - but wouldn't MCFC just want that guy? They have some decisions of their own to make here.
Great point. We won't sign someone here for the states who could make a serious impact for MCFC. Plus, won't money in Europe be greater? I know some DPs make serious money here but Europe is going to pay out far greater. At least we have ownership that is willing to pay for the best of talents.

I think some of the guys here (Henry is a great example) are grossly overpaid relative to their worth in Europe. While they are more valuable to MLS and, thus, warrant higher pay, these guys wouldn't make that money in the EPL or La Liga anymore.

I think we do a good job of paying Americans and acting as a retirement fund for over the hill Europeans.

But the guys in their prime - Zlatan, Toure - can make more money over there, yes.

something else - MCFC has a littany of talent. Look at what Dzeko did in the last 5 games while Aguerro was out. Sounds like Dzeko is on his way out, but I think we can see some fringe first team guys on short loan spells.

Lamps would be brilliant. Guy can still get it done but I think Chelsea resign him to another one year deal.

Lamps would be brilliant. Guy can still get it done but I think Chelsea resign him to another one year deal.
I would rate Lampard as one of the worst allocation of resources from a PR perspective. He's an old midfielder who no longer scores and wouldn't move the needle among casual/new soccer fans. In fact, if any non-soccer culture NYer knows his name, it's from the shenanigans of him and John Terry. That alone disqualifies him for 99.99% of NYC residents. You don't fuck with people about 9/11.

He's also known to be a little bit difficult as a teammate, isn't he?

Like I said, Chelsea will more than likely keep him on for another year. A player who can keep his place at a club as big as Chelsea would be worthwhile bringing here even if it's for a year or two no?

If the club were 5 years old with an established fanbase, yes. As the talisman of a new franchise in a new market, I don't think you can look at it in the vacuum of performance. Other factors are at least as important to building the brand, and I think we have to take that into consideration.

If he were to come here, I don't think he can be the headliner, unless we want to be under the fold on page 4.

Orlando City might get Robinho, Kaka, and Joe Cole. The Cows are targeting David Villa. Seattle is going after Drogba to add to Dempsey and Obafemi Martins...

We really might have to #DareToZlatan to make any kind of splash....

Orlando City might get Robinho, Kaka, and Joe Cole. The Cows are targeting David Villa. Seattle is going after Drogba to add to Dempsey and Obafemi Martins...

We really might have to #DareToZlatan to make any kind of splash....

That's fine. We'll spend the money and build the team. What's better is that those guys will add to the quality of MLS in general, making the league a bigger destination.

Looking forward to seeing Ronaldo in an NYCFC jersey in 2020...Lord knows he loves the Meatpacking District