Forum Poker Game

Sounds like we have critical mass. Thoughts on location? I'm on Long Island, so probably not convenient for most to have it out here.

Also, generally weekday vs weekend preferences?

Reactions: SoupInNYC and JayH
Sounds like we have critical mass. Thoughts on location? I'm on Long Island, so probably not convenient for most to have it out here.

Also, generally weekday vs weekend preferences?
If Ryan's D would host us, that's a great option so that we can have the televisions going (depending on what we plan around), drinks flowing, hook up Mick with some biz, etc. Folks who don't even play poker can come by to hang. That is, assuming that RD is convenient for many/most. Early bedtimes have eliminated my apartment as a good option, but I also have some building party room options on the UWS if we need that. Both weekdays and weekends could work for me depending on the day.

If Ryan's D would host us, that's a great option so that we can have the televisions going (depending on what we plan around), drinks flowing, hook up Mick with some biz, etc. Folks who don't even play poker can come by to hang. That is, assuming that RD is convenient for many/most. Early bedtimes have eliminated my apartment as a good option, but I also have some building party room options on the UWS if we need that. Both weekdays and weekends could work for me depending on the day.
I'm also good friends with a bar owner on the UES somewhat nearby Ryans Daughter (92nd and 2nd) and we could probably use their upstairs if I was to inquire about it.

But definitely like the RD idea if that could work.

Reactions: JayH
I'm on Long Island, but cool w RD. Good place, perfect spot upstairs. Let's give Mick our business. Hell, he might even make shepherds pie for us!

We will keep the poker super low key and friendly and make it more about the hang.

Reactions: adam
Right. I'm terrible at poker. I know the basic rules and that's it.

me too....

giphy.gif

Thoughts on date range? Do you want to wait post holidays or schedule something sooner?

How about a Tuesday night?
This Tuesday would be fun with the two MLS matches. Assuming we are doing it in the city, weekdays are generally better for me and something towards the later side would reduce the likelihood of getting fouled up by work.

Reactions: JayH
I'm pretty jammed up next week, but the following weeks are mostly good. Do the weeks of the 12th or 19th work for folks?

This Tuesday would be fun with the two MLS matches. Assuming we are doing it in the city, weekdays are generally better for me and something towards the later side would reduce the likelihood of getting fouled up by work.
Let's see how many can make it this Tuesday so we can pilot? If successful, we can always try to make it semi-regular.

Let's do this, if you are interested in playing, send me a private IM letting me know which of Nov 22, Nov 29, Dec 13 and Dec 20 work for you. I will try to aggregate all the info and find something that works for as many people as possible.

I am in England on Dec 6, so I decided to exclude that one :)