Frank Lampard Thread

Maybe lampard was offered first and declined villa didn't furfill his contract from memory with Melbourne
The only part of the puzzle that doesn't make sense still is why Villa signed first and with MLS and Lampard signed second with CFG but not MLS. Villa didn't fulfill his contract with Melbourne because Manchester ordered Villa back to New York to fulfill the duties that were going to be Lampard's in promoting the club.

NYCFC was clearly duped though because of what Jason Kreis said on two occasions. First, when introducing Lampard he said like "From what I've seen having DPs join in the summer doesn't work. They fail." He obviously wouldn't say this to a bunch of reporters if he had any clue that the man he was sitting next to was going to do just that.

Then, when the rumors broke in September, Kreis was asked about it and said straight out, "No those rumors are false, Frank will be here from day one." He wouldn't say that if he had any idea that Frank wouldn't be here from day one.

So I'm pretty tired of the Manchester bunch trying to shift blame for the situation to NYCFC because its pretty apparent they were as hoodwinked as everyone else on this side of the ocean.

The only part of the puzzle that doesn't make sense still is why Villa signed first and with MLS and Lampard signed second with CFG but not MLS. Villa didn't fulfill his contract with Melbourne because Manchester ordered Villa back to New York to fulfill the duties that were going to be Lampard's in promoting the club.

NYCFC was clearly duped though because of what Jason Kreis said on two occasions. First, when introducing Lampard he said like "From what I've seen having DPs join in the summer doesn't work. They fail." He obviously wouldn't say this to a bunch of reporters if he had any clue that the man he was sitting next to was going to do just that.

Then, when the rumors broke in September, Kreis was asked about it and said straight out, "No those rumors are false, Frank will be here from day one." He wouldn't say that if he had any idea that Frank wouldn't be here from day one.

So I'm pretty tired of the Manchester bunch trying to shift blame for the situation to NYCFC because its pretty apparent they were as hoodwinked as everyone else on this side of the ocean.
Not blaming nycfc at all .but nycfc would be well aware what was going on and they certainty arnt going to go public and say so

If Lampard is finished then what do you make of Grabavoy and Ballouchy? Because they're terrible.

Stop acting so entitled. This team needs Lampard if they are going to win. You know it. Admit it. The midfield is useless right now outside of Mix. There's a reason all of those guys were made available in the expansion draft.

Not blaming nycfc at all .but nycfc would be well aware what was going on and they certainty arnt going to go public and say so
So you think it was a coincidence that the press asked Jason Kreis about Frank Lampard extending his loan and Jason replying "There's no truth to that rumor at all."

Then after it was confirmed Jason tried to put lipstick on the pig by saying:

So what was originally going to be he was going to be here from day one of the pre-season now changes to July, and in some ways that’s a very positive thing for our team, for our group and for MLS in general that we’re able to attract those types of players.”
Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/new-yor...would-join-in-july/270103#RJ3cX32c1f1Vflhj.99

Sounds kinda passive-aggressive to me...

September 24th
"There is no truth to that rumor at all," Kreis stated flatly in a conference call...
http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-fut...eis-frank-lampard-loan-rumors-manchester-city

So you think it was a coincidence that the press asked Jason Kreis about Frank Lampard extending his loan and Jason replying "There's no truth to that rumor at all."

Then after it was confirmed Jason tried to put lipstick on the pig by saying:

So what was originally going to be he was going to be here from day one of the pre-season now changes to July, and in some ways that’s a very positive thing for our team, for our group and for MLS in general that we’re able to attract those types of players.”
Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/new-yor...would-join-in-july/270103#RJ3cX32c1f1Vflhj.99

Sounds kinda passive-aggressive to me...

September 24th
"There is no truth to that rumor at all," Kreis stated flatly in a conference call...
http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-fut...eis-frank-lampard-loan-rumors-manchester-city
Am I reading that wrong or does he say we knew all along he was coming in July ?

Am I reading that wrong or does he say we knew all along he was coming in July ?
Its out of context and somewhat poorly worded by Kreis.

After Lampard extended his stay in Manchester, rumors began to fly that Pellegrini was trying to get Lampard for next year, too. So Kreis is shooting those rumors down saying "No, we know he's coming in July."

Here's the original story:

New York City FC holds the No. 2 pick in next week’s MLS draft, but as interesting as it may be to ponder what coach Jason Kreis might do with that pick, the main topic on most people’s minds has been the ongoing Frank Lampard saga.

Although Lampard issued a statement Friday making it clear he plans on playing for NYCFC starting in July, the perception of continued contradictions has left a cloud of uncertainty around his eventual arrival at the New York club — uncertainty that has left Kreis a bit perplexed.

"I think it's been confusing for a lot of people and I'm not sure that I understand why,” Kreis told reporters Friday. “For us, we've been certain all along that Frank is coming in July. He's done extremely well, I think probably better than any of us would've thought he would've done and it's a matter of circumstance. These things happen in soccer.

So when he says "all along" he means since Lampard extended his stay.

If Lampard is finished then what do you make of Grabavoy and Ballouchy? Because they're terrible.

Stop acting so entitled. This team needs Lampard if they are going to win. You know it. Admit it. The midfield is useless right now outside of Mix. There's a reason all of those guys were made available in the expansion draft.
Lampard and Gerrard are finished at EPL standard but both have football brains and will be able to pick a pass.franks game is 100% about timing his runs and he can still do that ok

I hypothesized early in this saga, that maybe, just maybe, the lies are what we are hearing now and there was some paperwork that NYCFC and MLS were rewarded for losing?

Totally crazy, but not any crazier than believing a multi-billion dollar corporation running the current champions of the financially largest league in the world would willfully deceive fans, all the while either hiding the truth from or convincing two entire offices (MLS & NYC) of FO professionals to go along with their fiction?

Doesn't it fit this timeline and the behavior of all parties to believe that he did sign a pre-contract with NYC back then, but it had to be mutually rescinded (read "destroyed" or "lost" or whatever) in order for Fat Frank to stay on? That somewhat explains all of the misinformation that came out when the extension of the MC engagement occurred. They didn't get the facts straight because the person creating the narrative didn't get it properly vetted for rules compliance. Thus, we get an initial story that is an IMPOSSIBILITY per the rules of the PL/FA.

I'm not convinced this narrative is true. But it is another way of explaining what happened.

And no, we won't ever know. And no, it doesn't matter. And it is really pathetic of me to be wasting these moments typing out this conjecture, speeding the onset of arthritis or other repetitive motion joint issues in my thumbs. #YOLO
Ahem...maybe this is has something to do with Kreis's confusion.

cornhole.png

Frank's birthday is June 20. Sayin

Frank should be flying to NYC late next week it seems now.
Thursday morning.I'd say.
I have absolutely no idea what's gone on since Xmas ,mind boggling
On the plus side he won't be burnt out when he gets here

Here's a great chant for Frank. And, he can borrow the move for a celebration when he bangs in all those goals we hear about.

Also, he can use the same chant and moves while getting pissed with his mates.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Title challenge is over and they're bound to go out of Europe. Do they need Frank to keep a top 4 challenge alive now?

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert